iOS 11 will prevent your iPhone from connecting to weak Wi-Fi connections

BillEssley

The feature that prevents iPhone from connecting to the weak Wi-Fi network is now available on Apple's new iOS 11 Beta 4.

On July 25, Apple released the iOS 11 Beta 4 for developers. One of the most noted features is the ability to prevent iPhone from automatically connecting to weak Wi-Fi networks. Previously, the ability to automatically connect to Wifi was present on the iOS 11 beta when users click on the icon "blue" in the Wifi network in the installation.

The positive factor of this feature is that when you enable the "Ask to join networks" function, all weak Wi-Fi hotspots send the user a connection request, without disturbing them.

iOS 11 will prevent connecting to weak Wi-Fi connections.png

On the previous iOS 9, Apple introduced the "Wifi Assist" feature, which allows users to automatically connect to the service provider's network when the Wi-Fi network is weak. However, when put into use, this mode is installed by default causing many users accidentally use the phone account.

As a result, Apple has had to go to court for a collective lawsuit. Currently, that feature has been removed and also doesn’t appear on the iOS version 11 operating system so users can be completely assured.

ElGuapo96

What exactly is considered a weak Wi-Fi? I guess under 2 bars? It's a pretty cool feature, but can't you just open the Wi-Fi settings and chose the connection that you feel is the best? I don't know how necessary this feature is. It looks like it would consume too much battery for a purpose that you can basically do manually in a very short period of time.

Chris Crocker

Chris Crocker
According to me, a weak Wi-Fi is when you have difficultly in connecting to that wifi, sometimes it could be connected or sometimes it was interrupted that you can not connect to the internet like normal connections.

Reactions: ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
Oh, okay, thanks for sharing your opinion. What do you think about this feature though? Like i said above, i don't feel like it's too useful, feels like an unnecessary battery drainer. Let me know what you think, i'm really interested in hearing more opinions on this topic.

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads