What games will help you increase memory?

ElGuapo96

How is it going people? :)
I am not really a gamer type of a person, nor am i a gaming nerd. But recently, games along the lines of: puzzle, sudoku, memory games and similar really grabbed my attention.
Just the thought of increasing my brain power, memory, math skills, verbal skills and just intelligence in general, through games, is really intriguing.
Can you guys let me know what you think about this topic? Is it even a real thing or just a marketing trick to draw more customers in? Also, i am using a Windows Phone so my options are quite limited, hopefully it won't slow me down or limit me too much.

Help me decide which game should i look for and which one do you think has the highest potential of actually developing certain parts of brain, in an attempt to increase overall intelligence quotient.
Type of game absolutely doesn't matter as long as it serves the purposes listed above.

Thanks in advance :)

Joey Mercado

Hello! Yes I agree with you that even there's a lot of mobile game application nowadays there are some awesome ones and boosting your memory is one of the best game that every one could experience and play

Hope that you will try some Higher Mathematics application games that can boost your memory.
Hope you will try one of these :

For Mathematics:

Mathematics.png

For Chemistry:

Full Chemistry Questions.png

Hope that you will enjoy one of these. Thank you.

tiong8d

For me, I think that one of the best games I have ever played that will surely enhance not just my memory but my critical thinking skills and the ability to analyze things out of the box is the game 4 pics 1 word. These will lead you to think not just twice or thrice to figure out what those 4 pictures represent to form a certain word. The low levels are so easy to guess but those high levels will make you think and think and when you already have guessed the answer, you will say.. "Aaaaahhh!!" And you laugh at yourself for being a fool for that specific level. Now I don't play it anymore because i'm stuck at the high levels already. Maybe the game 4 pics 1 word will help you develop your IQ. Good times!

ElGuapo96

For me, I think that one of the best games I have ever played that will surely enhance not just my memory but my critical thinking skills and the ability to analyze things out of the box is the game 4 pics 1 word. These will lead you to think not just twice or thrice to figure out what those 4 pictures represent to form a certain word. The low levels are so easy to guess but those high levels will make you think and think and when you already have guessed the answer, you will say.. "Aaaaahhh!!" And you laugh at yourself for being a fool for that specific level. Now I dont play it anymore because i'm stuck at the high levels already. Maybe the game 4 pics 1 word will help you develop your IQ. Good times!
Oh wow that is a good one! I just looked it up and it seems amazing.
It can definitely help you increase memory and intelligence, at least some type of intelligence.
It's really good for recognizing patterns and associations, which can be really useful some times in your life.
Great game, thanks for recommending it to me, i will definitely start spending my time on it, good stuff, brother :)

kaisantos2229

To keep my memory always sharp, I always make time to play puzzle games and word games for at-least two hours a day to exercise my brain. Any type of games will do as long as it can help improve my memory, my problem solving skills, my brains processing speed and game that can also helps my brain to function well.

These are some of the apps that I recommend you should try using.

- Lumosity
- CogniFit Brain Fitness
- Personal Zen
- Brain Trainer Special
- Brain Fitness Pro
- Happify
- Positive Activity Jackpot
- Fit Brains Trainer
- Eidetic
- ReliefLink

ElGuapo96

To keep my memory always sharp, I always make time to play puzzle games and word games for at-least two hours a day to exercise my brain. Any type of games will do as long as it can help improve my memory, my problem solving skills, my brains processing speed and game that can also helps my brain to function well.
These are some of the apps that I recommend you should try using.
- Lumosity
- CogniFit Brain Fitness
- Personal Zen
- Brain Trainer Special
- Brain Fitness Pro
- Happify
- Positive Activity Jackpot
- Fit Brains Trainer
- Eidetic
- ReliefLink
Oh wow, thanks for spending the time to find and list all of these games. Wonderful, really helpful. I also love these types of games, it just feels like a very productive usage of my time, even though it's used for games. I don't really have two hours a day for that, but 30 minutes to an hour at absolute most is still enough to work :)
I will most definitely give these games a shot, they all seem so good and fun.

kaisantos2229

Oh wow, thanks for spending the time to find and list all of these games. Wonderful, really helpful. I also love these types of games, it just feels like a very productive usage of my time, even though it's used for games. I don't really have two hours a day for that, but 30 minutes to an hour at absolute most is still enough to work :)
I will most definitely give these games a shot, they all seem so good and fun.
What do you think about the guy in this video opinion? Do you think the guy has a point or he is just selling his own brain training guide?

For me, In some intense he has a point but I think not all brain training exercises is the same as what he think it is.

ElGuapo96

What do you think about the guy in this video opinion? Do you think the guy has a point or he is just selling his own brain training guide?
For me, In some intense he has a point but I think not all brain training exercises is the same as what he think it is.
I don't agree with him. I feel like he is looking at this topic from a really pessimistic side. There are benefits in playing these games. Now i'm not saying they will make you a genius or anything like that. But they definitely do help, at least a little bit. But then again, every little bit helps, right?
I mean, reading unnecessary books can help you develop your IQ, so why playing games that actually make you use your memory and think wouldn't?
He might have made a good point here and there, but i think he is wrong overall.

Martinsx

When it comes to games that would help you think strategically and get your brain all juggled up and be sharp, the one and only game that first comes to my mind is CHESS GAMES.

Playing chess helps me engage my brain in being strategic when it comes to beating a fellow player. It would make me to pause and think of the best way to outsmart and outplay my playing partner. It puts me into trying to read the person's next move and think of a way to counter it.

Emmaz

There are several games that are flooding the internet that one can choose to play from which have different effects on the gamer depending on how often the person plays the game. When it comes to games that helps with my memory function and activities, detective games does this perfectly well for me.

Getting to play a detective in solving crime cases and murder cases helps me to get my brain all rattled up in thinking beyond my usual capacity in order to solve a crime. This actually helps me in real life and not just game playing, it helps me think beyond the first impression of an event that happened but look deep into it's background and dig out the hidden truth.

ElGuapo96

When it comes to games that would help you think strategically and get your brain all juggled up and be sharp, the one and only game that first comes to my mind is CHESS GAMES.
Playing chess helps me engage my brain in being strategic when it comes to beating a fellow player. It would make me to pause and think of the best way to outsmart and outplay my playing partner. It puts me into trying to read the person's next move and think of a way to counter it.
Oh, well that is such a good recommendation. Even though it's such a famous game/sport that is well known all around the globe, i haven't even thought of it once. I was always trying to think outside of box and find something much more specific, but you are absolutely right. I will go and spam chess games right away :D
It is a great game indeed and yes, it has a lot of benefits. It's such a cerebral game, really weird how i haven't thought of it.

ElGuapo96

There are several games that are flooding the internet that one can choose to play from which have different effects on the gamer depending on how often the person plays the game. When it comes to games that helps with my memory function and activities, detective games does this perfectly well for me.
Getting to play a detective in solving crime cases and murder cases helps me to get my brain all rattled up in thinking beyond my usual capacity in order to solve a crime. This actually helps me in real life and not just game playing, it helps me think beyond the first impression of an event that happened but look deep into it's background and dig out the hidden truth.
That is a very good recommendation! And i absolutely agree with you on the fact that it helps you in real life. The fact that it can make you think critically and it makes you see beyond the "first impression" is absolutely massive and very crucial skill to have in real life.
Can you recommend me a specific game, though? For instance, give me an exact name of the game?
I still appreciate the effort and the desire to help, considering how you most definitely achieved that :)

Martinsx

Oh, well that is such a good recommendation. Even though it's such a famous game/sport that is well known all around the globe, i haven't even thought of it once. I was always trying to think outside of box and find something much more specific, but you are absolutely right. I will go and spam chess games right away :D
It is a great game indeed and yes, it has a lot of benefits. It's such a cerebral game, really weird how i haven't thought of it.
Haha, I'm very glad to recommend something that you find very interesting. It's not all games recommended that have an easy way into someone's acceptance, so therefore it's a plus mark for me in giving you something that you totally agree with ;).

Chess is a game of the brain and thought, if you lack focus and concentration, there is no way you can beat any playing opponents you are faced with both playing online and offline.

Emmaz

That is a very good recommendation! And i absolutely agree with you on the fact that it helps you in real life. The fact that it can make you think critically and it makes you see beyond the "first impression" is absolutely massive and very crucial skill to have in real life.
Can you recommend me a specific game, though? For instance, give me an exact name of the game?
I still appreciate the effort and the desire to help, considering how you most definitely achieved that :)
First and foremost, I'm glad that my opinion interests when it comes to detective games. I have actually played a lot of these games but I'm sure to still be able to recommend one or two detective games that I have played and enjoyed very well.

You can look up the following detective games :
Police Quest : Open Season
Crime City
L. A. Noire
Criminal Case

ElGuapo96

Haha, I'm very glad to recommend something that you find very interesting. It's not all games recommended that have an easy way into someone's acceptance, so therefore it's a plus mark for me in giving you something that you totally agree with ;).
Chess is a game of the brain and thought, if you lack focus and concentration, there is no way you can beat any playing opponents you are faced with both playing online and offline.
Yeah, it's pretty awkward how i forgot about chess. I have 2 friends that compete in chess, one is a junior world champion, other is 2nd. It's pretty crazy how good their mental reaction time is and how quickly they can figure out a way to fix something or to get out of bad situation. Also they are some of the smartest people i have ever met so i guess that chess really did contribute to that :D

ElGuapo96

First and foremost, I'm glad that my opinion interests when it comes to detective games. I have actually played a lot of these games but I'm sure to still be able to recommend one or two detective games that I have played and enjoyed very well.
You can look up the following detective games :
Police Quest : Open Season
Crime City
L. A. Noire
Criminal Case
Oh wow, it's actually pretty embarrassing how i didn't think of some of these games, considering how much i wanted to play them in a certain period of my life.
I am really looking forward to the L.A. Noire, specifically. I have heard that it is an absolute masterpiece of a game and that it will melt your brain because of how requiring it is.
Thanks once again for the help, really appreciate it :)

Emmaz

Oh wow, it's actually pretty embarrassing how i didn't think of some of these games, considering how much i wanted to play them in a certain period of my life.
I am really looking forward to the L.A. Noire, specifically. I have heard that it is an absolute masterpiece of a game and that it will melt your brain because of how requiring it is.
Thanks once again for the help, really appreciate it :)
You are absolutely welcome mate. I'm very much glad to offer any kind of assistance to you in getting games that would help improve and increase your memory and mental capacity in terms of thinking fast and strategically when handling some cases. L. A. Noire is a very good one, you surely know a good game when you see one. I really enjoyed playing it on PC and Playstation 4.

DenisMNE

There are bunch of games that can improve your memory as you play them.Most of them are either of gambling nature that include counter cards or some other types where you have to guess what is going on.
You have a lot of ''find the difference'' or ''find the missing object'' games, so that should do good for the beginning.

zokilee

Hello, I guess because you are not a gaming person you probably don't know, that games like FPS (first person shooter) are actually boosting your decision making in real life. When that is said, I guess you can for sure find the type of games that you look for on your phone. I am not gonna name them here by names but rather by genre. What you are looking for is usually puzzle style of a game, or even maybe some kind of point and click games.

DenisMNE

Hello, I guess because you are not a gaming person you probably don't know, that games like FPS (first person shooter) are actually boosting your decision making in real life. When that is said, I guess you can for sure find the type of games that you look for on your phone. I am not gonna name them here by names but rather by genre. What you are looking for is usually puzzle style of a game, or even maybe some kind of point and click games.
I do not know did the OP meant like memory of the phone or memory of the human brain, but in the case of the human brain, you made a good statement about FPS.
I couldn't not say it better than as you said ''decision making'' in real life.
Games in which you have to work ''under the pressure'' would certainly boost how you perceive things and make your choices have consequences so you need to choose carefully.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Recommended threads

New Threads

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.