What games will help you increase memory?

ElGuapo96

How is it going people? :)
I am not really a gamer type of a person, nor am i a gaming nerd. But recently, games along the lines of: puzzle, sudoku, memory games and similar really grabbed my attention.
Just the thought of increasing my brain power, memory, math skills, verbal skills and just intelligence in general, through games, is really intriguing.
Can you guys let me know what you think about this topic? Is it even a real thing or just a marketing trick to draw more customers in? Also, i am using a Windows Phone so my options are quite limited, hopefully it won't slow me down or limit me too much.

Help me decide which game should i look for and which one do you think has the highest potential of actually developing certain parts of brain, in an attempt to increase overall intelligence quotient.
Type of game absolutely doesn't matter as long as it serves the purposes listed above.

Thanks in advance :)

Joey Mercado

Hello! Yes I agree with you that even there's a lot of mobile game application nowadays there are some awesome ones and boosting your memory is one of the best game that every one could experience and play

Hope that you will try some Higher Mathematics application games that can boost your memory.
Hope you will try one of these :

For Mathematics:

Mathematics.png

For Chemistry:

Full Chemistry Questions.png

Hope that you will enjoy one of these. Thank you.

tiong8d

For me, I think that one of the best games I have ever played that will surely enhance not just my memory but my critical thinking skills and the ability to analyze things out of the box is the game 4 pics 1 word. These will lead you to think not just twice or thrice to figure out what those 4 pictures represent to form a certain word. The low levels are so easy to guess but those high levels will make you think and think and when you already have guessed the answer, you will say.. "Aaaaahhh!!" And you laugh at yourself for being a fool for that specific level. Now I don't play it anymore because i'm stuck at the high levels already. Maybe the game 4 pics 1 word will help you develop your IQ. Good times!

Reactions: ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
Oh wow that is a good one! I just looked it up and it seems amazing.
It can definitely help you increase memory and intelligence, at least some type of intelligence.
It's really good for recognizing patterns and associations, which can be really useful some times in your life.
Great game, thanks for recommending it to me, i will definitely start spending my time on it, good stuff, brother :)

kaisantos2229

To keep my memory always sharp, I always make time to play puzzle games and word games for at-least two hours a day to exercise my brain. Any type of games will do as long as it can help improve my memory, my problem solving skills, my brains processing speed and game that can also helps my brain to function well.

These are some of the apps that I recommend you should try using.

- Lumosity
- CogniFit Brain Fitness
- Personal Zen
- Brain Trainer Special
- Brain Fitness Pro
- Happify
- Positive Activity Jackpot
- Fit Brains Trainer
- Eidetic
- ReliefLink

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
Oh wow, thanks for spending the time to find and list all of these games. Wonderful, really helpful. I also love these types of games, it just feels like a very productive usage of my time, even though it's used for games. I don't really have two hours a day for that, but 30 minutes to an hour at absolute most is still enough to work :)
I will most definitely give these games a shot, they all seem so good and fun.

Reactions: kaisantos2229

kaisantos2229

kaisantos2229
What do you think about the guy in this video opinion? Do you think the guy has a point or he is just selling his own brain training guide?

For me, In some intense he has a point but I think not all brain training exercises is the same as what he think it is.

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
I don't agree with him. I feel like he is looking at this topic from a really pessimistic side. There are benefits in playing these games. Now i'm not saying they will make you a genius or anything like that. But they definitely do help, at least a little bit. But then again, every little bit helps, right?
I mean, reading unnecessary books can help you develop your IQ, so why playing games that actually make you use your memory and think wouldn't?
He might have made a good point here and there, but i think he is wrong overall.

Dracindo

Dracindo
I remember Lumosity, it was quite good when I started, but didn't they have like a lot of things that you couldn't access as a free user? It's kind of the reason why I stopped using it and similar brain training games: Limited amount of games I was given access to, that have gotten boring after a while. In short: Low diversity for the free players.

Martinsx

When it comes to games that would help you think strategically and get your brain all juggled up and be sharp, the one and only game that first comes to my mind is CHESS GAMES.

Playing chess helps me engage my brain in being strategic when it comes to beating a fellow player. It would make me to pause and think of the best way to outsmart and outplay my playing partner. It puts me into trying to read the person's next move and think of a way to counter it.

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
Oh, well that is such a good recommendation. Even though it's such a famous game/sport that is well known all around the globe, i haven't even thought of it once. I was always trying to think outside of box and find something much more specific, but you are absolutely right. I will go and spam chess games right away :D
It is a great game indeed and yes, it has a lot of benefits. It's such a cerebral game, really weird how i haven't thought of it.

Reactions: Martinsx

Martinsx

Martinsx
Haha, I'm very glad to recommend something that you find very interesting. It's not all games recommended that have an easy way into someone's acceptance, so therefore it's a plus mark for me in giving you something that you totally agree with ;).

Chess is a game of the brain and thought, if you lack focus and concentration, there is no way you can beat any playing opponents you are faced with both playing online and offline.

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
Yeah, it's pretty awkward how i forgot about chess. I have 2 friends that compete in chess, one is a junior world champion, other is 2nd. It's pretty crazy how good their mental reaction time is and how quickly they can figure out a way to fix something or to get out of bad situation. Also they are some of the smartest people i have ever met so i guess that chess really did contribute to that :D

Emmaz

There are several games that are flooding the internet that one can choose to play from which have different effects on the gamer depending on how often the person plays the game. When it comes to games that helps with my memory function and activities, detective games does this perfectly well for me.

Getting to play a detective in solving crime cases and murder cases helps me to get my brain all rattled up in thinking beyond my usual capacity in order to solve a crime. This actually helps me in real life and not just game playing, it helps me think beyond the first impression of an event that happened but look deep into it's background and dig out the hidden truth.

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
That is a very good recommendation! And i absolutely agree with you on the fact that it helps you in real life. The fact that it can make you think critically and it makes you see beyond the "first impression" is absolutely massive and very crucial skill to have in real life.
Can you recommend me a specific game, though? For instance, give me an exact name of the game?
I still appreciate the effort and the desire to help, considering how you most definitely achieved that :)

Emmaz

Emmaz
First and foremost, I'm glad that my opinion interests when it comes to detective games. I have actually played a lot of these games but I'm sure to still be able to recommend one or two detective games that I have played and enjoyed very well.

You can look up the following detective games :
Police Quest : Open Season
Crime City
L. A. Noire
Criminal Case

Reactions: Martinsx

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
Oh wow, it's actually pretty embarrassing how i didn't think of some of these games, considering how much i wanted to play them in a certain period of my life.
I am really looking forward to the L.A. Noire, specifically. I have heard that it is an absolute masterpiece of a game and that it will melt your brain because of how requiring it is.
Thanks once again for the help, really appreciate it :)

Emmaz

Emmaz
You are absolutely welcome mate. I'm very much glad to offer any kind of assistance to you in getting games that would help improve and increase your memory and mental capacity in terms of thinking fast and strategically when handling some cases. L. A. Noire is a very good one, you surely know a good game when you see one. I really enjoyed playing it on PC and Playstation 4.

DenisMNE

There are bunch of games that can improve your memory as you play them.Most of them are either of gambling nature that include counter cards or some other types where you have to guess what is going on.
You have a lot of ''find the difference'' or ''find the missing object'' games, so that should do good for the beginning.

Reactions: Dracindo

Dracindo

Dracindo
Yeah, those two are good for people who want to get their brains back on track slowly. They're surely a good start, but there are better mind games out there. One thing though for everyone looking for these two types of games: There are a lot of good and free ones out. DON'T buy any of these games. 5-10 bucks isn't a lot, but there are hundreds of these games for free, and all different. Don't waste your money, I'll even find them for you if you can't find any.
Always save your money ;)

zokilee

Hello, I guess because you are not a gaming person you probably don't know, that games like FPS (first person shooter) are actually boosting your decision making in real life. When that is said, I guess you can for sure find the type of games that you look for on your phone. I am not gonna name them here by names but rather by genre. What you are looking for is usually puzzle style of a game, or even maybe some kind of point and click games.

DenisMNE

DenisMNE
I do not know did the OP meant like memory of the phone or memory of the human brain, but in the case of the human brain, you made a good statement about FPS.
I couldn't not say it better than as you said ''decision making'' in real life.
Games in which you have to work ''under the pressure'' would certainly boost how you perceive things and make your choices have consequences so you need to choose carefully.

Dracindo

Dracindo
I'm a gamer, so I would gladly love to believe everything good that's being said about games, especially those games that are marked by old-timers as "violence inducing". But how is it that FPS games boost Decision making in real life? Your reflexes perhaps, but that? I'm not sure, can you give me the source of where you got that idea?

angie828

I really like playing Words With Friends. I find that this game really works my mind as I have to remember how to spell words. I have been playing for a few months now and it is very addicting. Plus it gets me thinking because I have to come up with a word out of the letters that I have, and then it has to be played off a word letter that is already on the board. My husband and I have a lot of fun playing this. You can play in different languages as well. You can also practice solo to hone in on your skills. One thing that I really like is that you can learn new words as you play this. And you can play with so many different people, that you can have several games going at once. I would highly recommend this game if you have not yet played it.

myra21

The game I play to enhance my memory is Brain training app.Among those games saved on my phone,this is my most favorite to play.The tests in this app is quite challenging and very exciting to play,I play this during my break time from work, while riding on a car and during my free time while at home. The photos below shows the content of different tests on this app.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-05-08-15-05-39-95.png
    Screenshot_2018-05-08-15-05-39-95.png
    236.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_2018-05-08-15-05-34-44.png
    Screenshot_2018-05-08-15-05-34-44.png
    236.9 KB · Views: 20

jeniffer26

Well, as for me, try Lumosity. It can exercise your memory and problem solving skills with brain training games. Aside from the fact that it can enhance your cognitive skill the game is accessible, engaging, and challenging to people of all ages and the results are surely promising. Try it.

Jaymalie

Leta start by saying am not a gamer and the only game I have played is snake sizzile I don't even know if that's the correct game but engaging in games that involve your mind and thinking can expand your mind games like puzzle games they help a lot and keeps your mind alert ,other games include;
1. crossword puzzles- this involves putting the correct words in the correct fitting boxes correct me if am wrong as I said am not a gamer .
2. sudoku - I remember seeing this game in a newspaper but I have never even attempted but I find my dad have attempted so I have abit of an idea what is about its about organisation of numbers.
3. chess- chess a game of the smart ones so they say .
4. video games - their video games that involve use of the brain like maybe a game that you have to excape from been cut by swords .

NiceMan

I play different kind of games and I think this is the best game that use concentration and thinking skills. I suggest you to try this game that can improve your memory using a phone. Definitely chess in my opinion. :)

Dracindo

Dracindo
The problem I have with chess is the AI. Either they're too easy or too difficult for my taste. Also, not everyone improves in tactical games like this and it doesn't improve your brain activity at all levels. Not to mention, chess can take a long time. You could play many brain training minigames in the duration of one game of chess.

Jeedae

The only games that i can think of right now is Scrabble. This helps you to think and reason very fast. It helps to develop your vocabulary and spellings. It is definitely one of the games that can increase your memory.

Dracindo

Dracindo
Definetly an excellent game to increase your internal dictionary, but I don't remember Scrabble requiring "fast" reasoning. Then again, I always used to play it with the family, and we all took our sweet time looking for good points.
But yeah, it's a good brain game. You may know the words, but you have to remember them. I mean sometimes you just think to yourself, "Hmmm... I can make Frapping, but was that an actual word, or not?"

jennyholzertshirt

jennyholzertshirt
At least for me, having a more varied internal dictionary made my reasoning faster! When you have more words available to you, and when you don't have to spend time thinking about which words might be best (or which are actual words!) it reduces the amount of time you need to spend analyzing your deck of letters and building words. If you extrapolate this to other forms of information, not just words, then you might say it could help you to more readily access other things you know to help you reason about other things in your life.

hstinscdln

Play the Final Fantasy series. I've enjoyed playing Final Fantasy 2, 3, 7, 8, 9. Final Fantasy 7 would be the best. It will develop your critical thinking skills in building your character, your memory on where to get and buy things including the map. Also, it will develop your skills in making strategies to defeat your enemies. If you want more brain power, I'll recommend playing Final Fantasy 7. If you want to play a bit of a scary puzzle game, I'd recommend Resident Evil Director's Cut and Resident Evil 3: Nemesis. These games really require brain power to finish.

Dracindo

Dracindo
I don't think a Final Fantasy game will help with improving your brain. In those games, you just grind a bit and keep using the same skills once you've found the weak spot. Bosses and optional areas with though opponents do require strategy, but as long as your main focus is to keep your party members alive, while doing some damage on the side, you should be fine.

Zeus20

The games that will surely help your memory to increase and will help you think more critically, is those games that is strategic, such as escaping games, war games, etc. Now a days, most of the games will let you think critically for you to succeed. That is why I believed that games has a great role when it comes on increasing our memory.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.