10 Tips to Improve Your Android's Performance

Chris Crocker

Using these 10 simple tips will help optimize the performance of your Android device.

1. Set up Google Now

10 Tips to Improve Your Android Performance 1.jpg

“Google Now” is a personal support software. You can open the Google app store, select Get Google Now and then add your favorites from sports teams, personal alerts to Google Maps traffic information systems.

2. Use the interfaces and replace the lock screen

10 Tips to Improve Your Android Performance 2.jpg

You can download these apps in Google Play store to allow you to change how they interact with your Android phone. At this app store you can search for alternate screenshots and applications.

3. Turn on the power save mode

10 Tips to Improve Your Android Performance 3.jpg

To do this, you can go to Settings and turn on Power Savings to save power to your phone. Some phones like the Galaxy S6 also have Ultra Power Saving Mode that allows you to make calls, send text messages, access the internet and use some applications while still saving battery power quite well.

4. Equipped with extra batteries

10 Tips to Improve Your Android Performance 4.jpg

Most Android phones come with a removable back cover. That allows you to replace the secondary battery is not difficult. The addition of such an extra battery would be extremely useful in cases where the main battery is depleted without a nearby phone charger.

5. Sign in to Google Chrome

10 Tips to Improve Your Android Performance 5.jpg

If you sign in to the Chrome browser on your Android phone using a Google Account, you'll automatically be able to use your favorite gadgets.

6. Arrange applications into folders

10 Tips to Improve Your Android Performance 6.jpg

You need to create folders to categorize your applications to reduce clutter and make it easier to find. To create a folder on your Android device, simply click and hold on an app and then drag it to the "Create Folder" option on the left side of the screen.

7. Use third-party keyboard

10 Tips to Improve Your Android Performance 7.jpg

There are many keyboard apps in the Google Play repository. The Swype application, for example, let you type text quickly, even faster with normal keystrokes. By using Swype just click the character key and drag to another key that the machine will understand and enter the character.

8. Manage bandwidth in Chrome

10 Tips to Improve Your Android Performance 8.jpg

You can turn on the "Reduce Data Usage" option in Chrome that will allow you to remove unnecessary blanks and put images in the device on a smaller format to reduce the amount of data.

9. Use Google Authenticator to keep your data safe

10 Tips to Improve Your Android Performance 9.jpg

Google Authenticator provides double security for your Google account. So when you sign in to this application, you need an application code and password. This ensures that strangers cannot log in to your account.

10. Change default applications

If you want to change the default web browser, you can change it by going to Settings, then clicking Clear Defaults. This operation is also used to delete other defaults.

10 Tips to Improve Your Android Performance 10.jpg

ElGuapo96

Great tips, very helpful and very well explained. You just keep bombarding us with quality content :D Keep doing so, you are doing a big favor to this community. Regarding the battery issue, what portable battery charger would you recommend since mine is not that high quality and it's capacity is pretty below average. Thanks in advance :)

Chris Crocker

Chris Crocker
What is your current smartphone? it depends on the version and model of your smartphone to choose a right battery charger.

Reactions: ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
I am using a Nokia Lumia 735. As the time moves on, the battery is getting weaker and i need an external support. Especially when i am traveling, it is a must. And i travel a lot. Do you have any recommendations? I just need a battery charger than will provide me with at least an extra day of battery.

Gracciiaa

The Android Operating System is one of the best because of its flexibility. Its popularity means we can expect better versions of the OS and more sophisticated third-party apps developed to run on it. But then, very few people know how to optimize its performance in order to take advantage of its full features and enhance its capabilities.

Each of these tips as outlined above will come in handy when one needs it. So far, I have already taken advantage of the Google authentication app to enable two-factor authentication (2FA) on some sites I have a registered on. This has enabled me to improve the level of security on my account from the use of passwords that are easy to crack and hack.

On the other hand, I am yet to try the Google Now since I've never really understood how it works and why I may have a need for it. After reading this post, the same has not been the case as I now know where to go if I need trending news update on events such as Sports and the weather, and an aid in navigating through cities.

One more way users can optimize their Android smartphone is by using Ad blocking apps. This will eliminate intrusive ads that usually pop up occasionally on their smartphone thereby saving their Internet data as well as extending their battery life. An example of such is the DU battery services that are sometimes pre-installed on apps we've downloaded.

An Android phone with an optimized level of performance is great for gaming when one considers the graphic Intensive games we have lately. That being so, do you know any memory management apps that can help me improve my RAM's performance? because my device with a 2GB RAM still tends to lag when I open too many pages.

Newer threads
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views