What is your current smartphone?

Flex

I'm currently using ASUS Zenfone 2 Laser, but I want to upgrade to latest version of ASUS Zenfone. Because currently my internal storage is only 16GB and 2GB RAM which is not enough and I wanted a higher internal storage. What I love about ASUS is they keep updating their system. So far, I still into other features of my ASUS except for storage.

uwichii

I use honor 3c lite it is a huawei company. It is easy to use than the other smartphone. It has a big storage 16gb. The camera in pixel is good. The RAM is 1gb. The Cpu is very good. The phone is color white and black touch screen and the it has a phone case. You can download many many apps because the RAM is 1gb.

drpdm40

My current phone is Asus ZenFone 3 Max 5.5 (ZC553KL). I got it a couple of months after it was launched. It looks premium but the price is very affordable. What I love the most about this phone is its long battery life which was an issue with my previous smartphones. It also has a good audio quality.

Sev7en

Sev7en
You have the same unit with my sister. May I just also add that both of its camera quality is quite descent also. It has a descent ISO settings which makes the images and videos stand out even in low light environment.

Reactions: drpdm40

drpdm40

drpdm40
Oh really, that's great! I agree with you. I love taking pictures but I don't have photography skills and still I can produce quite decent photos. I guess you just have to know the trick on how to play with the camera settings and this phone allows you to do that.

Marian Junior

I use an Iphone SE that I am very pleased with, doing a good job and is the perfect phone for me. Firstly it is convenient, I can only use one hand because it is very compact and very well done! is Thirty-two GB and no problems in this chapter! The rest of the phone is more than perfect. The room is very good both on the back (sorry I do not know exactly the name) and the front!

Foneposter

My current smartphone is an OPPO A71. I decided to buy one because my old phone, a Lenovo a680, broke down. As I needed a phone quickly, I looked upon the A71's specifications and was satisfied with its 1.5Ghz processor speed, 16GB internal memory and 3GB RAM.

What I loved with my new phone is its snappy performance. I'm amazed at how I can launch applications with minimal lag. Also, I loved the new Nougat feature of multiple windows, which enable me to watch youtube videos and text at the same time. Finally, I'm impressed with my phones FTP Service feature that allows me copy files without via Wi-Fi without connecting a USB cable.

If there is one thing I don't like with my new phone is with the camera. Unfortunately, the camera has no feature to change the resolution of the image it saves on the SD Card thus occupying lots of storage. I have to download a separate app to resize my pictures.

BillEssley

BillEssley
3GB of RAM ram is not bad and I am curious about its strength of this smartphone. Can it play heavy games without lags?

Sev7en

Sev7en
I agree sir @BillEssley, even mid entry phones with a 3GB of RAM is quite sufficient enough to finish tasks on a daily basis. It's on the users perspective on how will he/she administer the RAM capability of his/her mobile device. Regarding OPPO A71, based on user testing, the gaming experience is not that impressive when playing MMORPG games. We tested installing the game of Netmarble's Lineage Revolution 2 and tested it for several minutes and see if the device can perform it's specification based on the spec sheets. We found out that after several minutes of playing the game the back of the phone had generated heat issues, thus, subject the phone to slow down (lag) and crash. But we think OPPO will take some actions regarding this since the device is quite new on the market so we can expect several updates on the future.

Gaming Experience Grade (1 low - 5 highest)
4 Stars - due to heating problem.

Sev7en

Smartphones nowadays is an essential tool for everyday living, just like the food we eat. With the fast evolving rate of technology wherein mobile manufacturers adopts, smartphones becomes more intelligent as well. It comes in different forms, brands, but the sense of purpose is quite exactly the same with every smartphones available in the market.

There are different types of Smartphones available in the market;
  • Entry Level - which is the basic model of a certain smartphone company, price is more reasonable but with comes with limited specifications.
  • Mid End - this is the common and most acquired smartphones that a lot of people buy or use because of its fair specifications and cost.
  • High End - this is quite the flag ship of the certain smartphone manufacturer wherein the specifications are quite the top end and several applications are available and present compared to the Entry Level and Mid End smartphones. The pricing is somewhat unreasonable for some, but others patronize the product because of its uniqueness and usability.
I've been using several smartphones depending on my needs. I have an Android and iOs smartphones, different platforms and different usability.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - I acquired this smartphone since it was launched last 2016. This was my upgrade to my previous Android smartphone who's a little bit out dated and subjected to wear-and-tear and heavy usage. What I liked about this smartphone is its adaptability, I can upgrade my firmware and OS from Android Marshmallow (6.0) to Android Nougat (7.0) without spending some additional money. Screen visibility is; for my personal opinion, above average compared to its competing brands, and or other successors.

Apple iPhone 7 Plus - I acquired this (very) smartphone second-hand, it was my cousin's but when she decided not to continue to pay the monthly data plan she approached me and offered me to continue the service. I'm using this smartphone a lot more other than the Samsung because it has more computing power and the camera was quite unbelievable.

I know majority of smartphone users; usually teenagers and heavy users, demands that the CPU and GPU has a good processing power. I myself, when visiting a certain concept store of a certain brand of smartphone, I usually ask first about its computing/processing power (CPU) and the graphics power (GPU) that will deliver my viewing experience. Another reason that smartphone users wanted a higher CPU and GPU performance is for gaming. Smartphone (Android or iOS) that has a higher or top tier CPU and GPU performance offers a great gaming experience. Both of my smartphones has a great CPU and GPU performance which I love the most; and I doubt that, even its successors came with a higher specs I wouldn't see myself dumping my present smartphones and switching to the new ones.

Another add-on for smartphones is the storage capacity. It is one of the main concern when choosing a smartphone. For me, my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge has the upper hand compared to my Apple iPhone 7 Plus because of Micro SD card usability. I have a 1TB Class 10 micro SD card inserted on my Samsung which greatly improves the storage of my Samsung.

Camera is another vital component of a smartphone where it is the medium for the memories we've made in every occasion in our lives. For me, both of my smartphones are equally good when it comes to imagery and video production. Based on my own experience, I can say that there isn't much difference as far as quality of pictures or videos are concerned. So for me in this particular department, I like both of my smartphones.

Finally, whatever the brand, cost, and dimensions of a smartphone what's more important is we can use it to help us complete our task efficiently and with good result.

Attachments

• apple-iphone-7-plus-01.jpg
    apple-iphone-7-plus-01.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 16
  • samsung-galaxy-s7-edge-1.jpg
    samsung-galaxy-s7-edge-1.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: ShaneW

BillEssley

BillEssley
I am just curious if you only have a choice to use between Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and Apple iPhone 7 Plus then which one you will decide to use?

Reactions: Sev7en

Sev7en

Sev7en
Thank you for your question @BillEssley, and that's a hard one. :) Honestly speaking; my friends, colleagues, and siblings often asked me if I were to choose just one between Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge versus Apple iPhone 7 Plus to use in a daily basis what would I choose.

Having said that, I conducted a personal user testing and only use a single smartphone on a daily basis to find out which of this devices can suit all my needs on a daily basis. And speaking of needs, I actively use social media channels, streaming sites, email, data entry applications, media player, camera, cyptocurrency applications, I even use banking applications, and last but not the least, I use my phone for gaming and I'm quite a heavy gamer. Aside from those, another thing that I wanted to know is which of the said mobile devices can last a typical day doing every task I throw into them.

So here's my verdict, I preferably choose the Apple's iPhone 7 Plus over the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. We are aware that the latter has 3600 mAh battery and the former has only 2900 mAh battery, but as far as efficiency is concerned, Apple iPhone 7 Plus has the upper hand. I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that Apple has this technology called "Greenify" that automatically shuts down an app that isn't active so there's no additional RAM usage in the background, thus, longer battery life. :);)

Attachments

• apple-iphone-7-plus-01.jpg
    apple-iphone-7-plus-01.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 15

mikaelmatt152312

I'm currently using LG Max X155 wherein this is a 1.3Ghz Quad-Core processor; It is a Dual sim with two SIM card slots; Bluetooth 4.0 version with A2DP; Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, but lacks NFC connection. Including the battery, the LG Max X155 phone has 155grams and it's very thin device, only 9.6mm.

I am actually satisfied with what the features of my phone has. Even I am satisfied with it's camera which is for me the important thing in my phone because I love taking pictures specially when I am capturing moments with my kids. So for now, I don't have any plan of buying a new one.

Attachments

• LG Max.jpg
    LG Max.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 15

Ela

I am currently using Oppo F1s for almost 1 year and 4 months, and until now, it has no issue. Its battery life span is still good, and still looks new. This is my first phone that last for a year, and I can say that my money is worth it. Actually, this is the first thing I bought when I got my first salary on my first ever job. Although there are new Oppo versions now, according to the employees of Oppo store, my phone is still not outdated and can still catch up with the latest versions.

mcgalbano

I am using an Apple Iphone 7. I love it's design and it fits right in my hand. I've been an Apple user since I first I got a smartphone which was years ago. I've never tried any other smart phone. I'm a loyal Apple user! :D I love it because it's so simple and easy to use. I got mine in rose gold color. So nice!

iphone7-rosegold-select-2016.jpeg

amelia88

iPhone 7 for me as well. I think that by now for me it's just brand loyalty - however, my previous iPhone was an iPhone 6 and it actually just stopped working right before my contract expired. Thankfully I was close to getting a new phone anyway, but I'm wishing in a way I tried something different. I think next time when my phone plan is up for renewal I'm going to deviate and go for one of the Google Pixel phones. A friend has one, and the picture quality on them seems amazing - it looked like professional camera photos, and I take a lot of pictures so that definitely wins me over.

IrinaR

I'm using an Iphone 7 and i'm completely satisfied with the speed it has, the camera which is better then the previous version (Iphone 6) and the battery. I could switch from 6 to 7 pretty well because the design is not really different so i didn't feel like using another phone.

MAlexaFritz

Hai! I am currently using Samsung J1. I brought it because my Sony Xperia broke and don't have a budget for expensive phone. Actually, it works great so I starting to like it.

mus2929

I'm using a local phone here in my country, Cherry Mobile Flare J5. I was looking for a cheap phone that doesn't drain fast. I don't want to spend a lot money on a smartphone. Luckily, I find this phone. Spec wise, it isn't that great. It has 1gb of ram. 8 mp camera at the back and 2 mp camera, with cpu of 1.3Ghz. But the main selling point for me was the battery with whooping 4500mah. I'm not really into selfie. I just want a phone that I could browse the web with and last all day. And it does last all day. It could even last for two days. This is a budget phone so it has its issues. It does lag at times especially when I'm multitasking. But most the of the time, it's serves its purpose for me.
Cherry-Mobile-Flare-J5.jpg

yamyam

I'm currently using HUAWEI Honor 8 Lite. I know that this is not the latest model of Huawei as of now but I can assure you that it can offer you the satisfaction you want in having a good smartphone. First, you can have it it a cheaper price compared to other smartphones that have same applications and specifications. It is also more durable and user friendly as if your using those expensive smartphones in the market. It also offers a good and elegant appearance not only from the inside especially from the outside. It's camera take great and clear pictures, has a good quality speaker for music and answering calls and a long time battery charged.

It is a smartphone with 5.20 inch 1080x1920 display powered by 1.7 GHz octa-core processor alongside 4GB of RAM and 12 megapixel rear camera plus a finger print security feature.

So as a user, I can recommend you to try this low cost but specs-wise smartphone and I will be glad to hear your experience in using this kind of phone.

gleyang

I am using Samsung Note 3. It looks like the picture below. But I do not always use the pen because I do not know what's the amazing use of it. I only use it if I do not have anything to do and I like to draw. Is there anything you know about the use of its pen?
About the camera, it is good, it does not have so much filters like other Samsung galaxy phones. It's feature, display and battery life is also great. Now, I plan to change it because I was using it for almost 4 years. The case was also broken and its battery is already overuse.

Attachments

• samsung-galaxy-note-3-neo-xxl-2187.jpg
    samsung-galaxy-note-3-neo-xxl-2187.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 14

Joey Mercado

Since then I usually have my phone because of some used phone given by my Auntie working abroad , but since I have a quite stable job now I buy my own phone. It is a Xiaomi 4X. I find it so good to use and user friendly that can perform as well as known cellular phones brand such as Samsung and Iphone . I am highly recommend this phone too Here are the Specs for your reference
Specs for Xiaomi 4X.jpg

I hope it can helps too. Thank you

yeaimallama

I proudly use a BlackBerry Q10! For the most part it's been wonderful. The camera isn't the greatest but I use my iPod Touch for photos. There are some helpful applications and many features I enjoy about the phone. However, charging the battery stopped working at one point (it ended up being a loose connection)... I have been procrastinating to fix that so instead I charge the battery using an external charger :p I'm almost eligible for an upgrade on my phone but I'm happy with this for now. I'd recommend BlackBerry to anybody who appreciates a simple concept done well.

itsmarkf

I'm currently using Asus Zenfone 4 Max Pro. I have it for a couple of months now and I'm loving it. It has a 5.5 inch HD Display with a 3GB of RAM and 1.4GHz processor. The most I like about my smartphone is having a large battery with reverse charging. It has a 5000mAh non-removable battery and I can use it for two days or sometimes three days while mostly playing games like Clash of Clans, browsing the internet mainly Facebook and Twitter and making text and phone calls. I like that it has a dual rear cameras and a 16MP front camera. I also like its premium design.
I'm a huge fan of Asus Zenfone phones because of the battery. I'm recommending this to everyone. It's worth it.

Attachments

• Asus Zenfone Max Pro1.jpg
    Asus Zenfone Max Pro1.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Asus Zenfone Max Pro2.jpg
    Asus Zenfone Max Pro2.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 15
  • Asus Zenfone Max Pro3.jpg
    Asus Zenfone Max Pro3.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: Nemanja

Nemanja

Nemanja
Not bad, although I never used a Asus' smartphone but this look awesome and it looks like a Samsung smartphone :) Not sure about its quality and how camera will give us good or bad photos.

MomoStarr16

Currently using a Vivo Y53. I choose this because it is cheap but gives me what i need in a smartphone. I am a gamer so i needed a phone that can handle the right fps and power to sustain high end game. A battery that can last longer for more playing time. A wide screen to optimize my playing space. And that is what my Vivo Y53 is gave to me. Have a wide screen, long-lasting battery, and more importantly 2GB Ram. That's it :)

Chibee Gordon

Samsung offers a good variety of Android phones.
I am currently using Techno L8. I love the phone's battery life. Every other feature is on the average.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

New Threads

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.