What is the difference betwen Li ion and Li Po battery?

Chris Crocker

Can you guys tell me what is the difference between Li ion and Li Po battery? I am confusing abut this and needing someone explain me. Thanks!

Fishbate

Hi @Chris Crocker , Li ion and Li Po battery are somehow on the same level. They both have advantages and disadvantages. They only differ on the process of manufacturing. although Lithium Polymer is more lightweight and thinner, the process of making it is much more costly.

1520925817045.png

On the other hand Lithium Ion Battery are much bulky, but it is much much denser allowing it to store more power .
1520925786813.png

As you can see there is no significant difference between the two. Its just a matter of technology and cost. They are both used in our smartphones today. Usually Li Po are is used in tablets and other compact and non removable devices. While Li On is use in our common smartphones. They are both capable of storing energy depending on the capacity it was manufactured for.

But if you want to know the difference not by process and physical features, here are some pros and cons:

1520926407717.png

I hope this helps:)!

ElGuapo96

Well the biggest and most obvious difference is the chemical electrolyte between their positive and negative electrodes.
In Li-Po batteries it is not a liquid, but instead it uses one of the three forms: dry solid, porous chemical compound or a gel-like electrolyte.
Overall they are both good, Li-Ion lasts a bit longer and is stronger, but it is not as safe.
The choice is completely yours as they are both very good, you cannot really go wrong :)

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

New Threads

Members online

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.