Mod your Smartphone Case

Fishbate

We all want our smartphones to be best looking and at the same time well protected. Some users use different kinds of protective accessories like casings, shields and even custom build enclosures. There are lots of accessories particularly casings in the market, varying from different designs, sizes, color and material.

One of the most famous and most expensive smartphone casings is worth $1345 :eek:. Yup you will never go wrong with this one:ROFLMAO:.

http://www.businessinsider.com/most-expensive-iphone-case-2017-10

Casings is probably one of the most profitable item next to smartphone:p. Although these things are mainly affordable, the designs and material are relatively common.

That's why some smartphone users do mods or customizing their accessories. If you want your design to be unique, well you have to do it your self;).

There are lots of DIY on the net when it comes to smartphone casings, some of them are very useful and really easy.

I found this easy DIY casings on the net, check it out:

Have a great day guys:coffee:!

ElGuapo96

I have always wanted to try something like this but i was afraid of messing up my phone :D That first blue/space, universe looking color was absolutely insane. Wish that i could pull that off and mod my smartphone device like that, it looks so ridiculous.
Do i just lack courage, am i overthinking things or am i actually being reasonable and thinking well with my fears? :D
Anyways, good ideas, maybe, just maybe i'll try it out someday

Reactions: Fishbate

Fishbate

Fishbate
The good thing about doing DIY casings is that there's no good and bad designs, its all about you and your interpretation of your art. I suggest you try an old or damaged phone first just to make sure that you enjoy doing it rather than thinking you may destroy your smartphone.

Also it takes a little practice specially with colors, i tried the nail polish thing once but it didn't worked out well. Unfortunately i accidentally smudge the colors thinking that it was already dry. My daughter had a more successful story, she used glitter glues for the design using a clear casing as a base. It was a lovely gift for her friend.

Reactions: ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
I will definitely have to find an old phone and try it out. But i am not an artist, at least when it comes to physical interpretation, i wish i could paint with music :D
Damn, feel bad for your story. But i didn't even doubt that your daughter would do it better! Kids, especially girls are so much more artistic and they have bigger imagination, they can just paint and create absolutely anything and everything!

SireRumu

This is way crazier than I expected it to be when I first of it from a source who didn't know the actual price but just said it was expensive. Right now am all jaws dropped, how much further can the iPhone go? Am guessing the casing was probably a partnership work with apple since it seems to be the only brand as of now. Correct me if am wrong, but a case costing more than the phone itself (an iphone), is just way overboard and not worth It. But I have to admit, it looks sleek though.

Reactions: Fishbate

Fishbate

Fishbate
At first i was also trying to figure out why is that case is so expensive. I found that the material is the main reason for the value. Titanium is one of the most strongest material there is in the planet. It is actually a rare and expensive steel . Titanium steel is also used in industrial machinery like airplanes, tanks, ships and even spaceships:).

One of its properties is indestructibility, it is so strong that you can not break it:eek:! you can bend it, dent it , and shrink it. But you can never crack it:p.

Imagine a case that last longer than the unit it self:D.

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
It is made from titanium? What in the hell?!
First time i'm ever hearing such a thing. Seems like such an overkill, though. Do you really need a titanium case? It's kind of a sketch, but hey, each to their own.
Well my unit lasted me for 4 years so far and hasn't even shown signs of ever slowing down, so good luck outlasting that :D

Fishbate

Fishbate
Actually i agree its an overkill:), but the thing is people are actually buying this casings. It might be a fashion statement or just a form of stature symbol. You know rich people, they want expensive things:coffee:.

But me, ill stick to that DIY thing and maybe get rich out of it :ROFLMAO: then maybe ill get one of those premium casings...:devilish:

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
Well, i think i know rich people :D But i just can't put myself into their skin. I try to think logically and efficiently and a phone case that is this expensive is not either of those :D
I agree though, i will also try out the DIY thingy and hopefully one day i might even install the super metal diamond covered, melded in the world's largest volcano, brought to me on the wings of a unicorn phone case :D

maklein

Ever since I started using smartphone I never use any protective gears for my phone. I mean during nokia era you don't need any of those so why would I buy one? I don't want any extras on my phone, it will just add some weight. It's already big and yet I'm going to make it bigger. I don't care if it get some scratches as long as I can still use it, I'm fine with it. LOL!

Fishbate

Fishbate
Technology evolves that's why these products are available today. I agree with you...its a personal decision and its a choice whether you use a certain product or not. It is just a testimony that people and technology will certainly continue to be a combination in building a future. The best thing about it is, people will always have a choice...

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
I agree that it looks funny and feels weird in your hand but hey, it's better to look weird but be safe then to have your phone shattered into pieces because you are too shy to protect it. If you want to listen to me, screw the looks and the pride and save your phone. They are very fragile and you don't want it falling from any height higher than ankle level :D

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

New Threads

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.