How to factory reset Samsung Galaxy S7

ElGuapo96

My brother has had some issues with this phone, a little bit of a lag and he also forgot some personal information so he would just like to start from scratch.
How to factory reset Samsung Galaxy S7? If anyone could guide me step by step it would be absolutely amazing and i would appreciate it a LOT.
It's a great phone overall, at least for now, the problems are very minor but a factory reset is completely needed.
Experienced people and all of you who know about these things, jump in and help if you can please, it would be so nice :)

hbdamayon

Please follow the steps below to perform factory reset on Samsung Galaxy S7.
1. Swipe down from the top of the screen to pull down the Notification Shade.
2.Tap the Settings button. It looks like a gear.
3.Swipe up to scroll down on the settings screen.
4.Tap Backup and reset.
5.Tap Factory data reset. It's a the very bottom of the screen, so you may have to scroll down to see it.
5.Tap RESET DEVICE
6.Tap ERASE EVERYTHING

If in case your brother set up a lock screen password and he forgot it, you can try this other way to reset the phone.
1. Hold down the power key and volume down key together.
2 .Wait for 7+ seconds (or until your phone restarts)

Sometimes this may take longer than 7 seconds so hold it until it reboots. It’ll automatically turn off, even if the phone was frozen or lock. Once the reset is done your phone will also automatically back on then you can set up your phone as new again. I hope it would help.

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
Thanks a lot, brother. Really helpful, really well written and easy to understand!
I followed these steps and i have fixed my issue, everything works nice and smooth right now :)
It absolutely worked perfectly and my brother is more than thankful, really good stuff!
It took only a few seconds, so no big deal, not like we lost a lot of important time :D
He says it almost feels like a brand new phone, runs smoothly and everything is almost the way it was when he bought it :)

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views