Lost Android?

ElGuapo96

What would happen if you were to lose an Android phone? How exactly are you supposed to track down your phone or maybe even get someone to do it for you?
Didn't happen to me, because i am very careful about these kind of things. But hey, it's better to be safe than sorry, right?
So hypothetically, if i were to lose my phone, what happens next, who do i contact, how do i start searching?

I feel like debunking this subject would help a lot of people so feel free to join in and give your suggestions :)

Foneposter

Android has app "Find my Device" which is already installed on most Android phones.

Before using that service you have to do the following prerequisites:

1) Enable "Find my Device" on Device Manager.
2) Enable Wifi or Mobile Data on your phone.
3) Enable Location Services

If you did number 1 above you'd better hope that when you loose your phone you have your Wifi/Mobile Data and Location Services enabled, otherwise this wouldn't work.

To find your phone:

1) Using another PC or smartphone to https://www.google.com/android/find
2) Enter your Google account username and password.
3) The browser will display the location of your phone and allow you to Ring it, Lock it or erase its data. Take note that if you erase your phone's data you will be unable to locate it.

Dracindo

If you know you're phone is in the house, first thing you could do is get another phone and call your smartphone. Then follow the sound until you find it again (Doesn't work well when it's on vibrating or silent).

If I lose it outside my house, I would do what @Foneposter recommended. And in the meantime, let everyone know my phone is lost, so if they get a message from my number, it's somebody else.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.