How to check smartphone battery health without any apps

marciayudkin

If you feel your smartphone is running out of battery life, following these tips to check the battery life and battery status of your Android or iOS devices.
You need to do one of two ways to test the battery without an app.

Option 1: Only 60 minutes is complete

check smartphone battery health without any apps 1.png

- Fully charged battery 100%
- Adjust the screen brightness to the highest (Settings / screen / brightness = 100%)
- Turn off Wifi, 3G
- Let the monitor light up continuously for 60 minutes (Settings / screen / screen brightness = Never)

Results: After 60 minutes, the remaining battery is> 85% larger, so your battery is very good.

Method 2: It takes 8 hours to get results

check smartphone battery health without any apps 2.png

- Fully charged 100%
- Disconnect, turn off 3G, Wifi
- Leave the phone within 8 hours (best to test while going to bed, fully charge the battery at 22g, remove the charger to leave the phone until 6g)

Results: After 8 hours the remaining battery is over 90%, then your battery is very good

Last edited by a moderator:

arcsmart18

Thank you for the tips. I will try this one so I can see if my battery still works properly or I need to really buy a new one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rodney Olson

Rodney Olson
Let me now if these methods work. I am looking forward to seeing result from your test and If it is right way to test battery health of a smartphone, I will try to test it for my smartphone.

JB Fernandez

What if I got lower percentage compared to what you have given? Does it mean I need to replace my battery right away? Thank you for sharing this method.

timothypangilinan

In order to save battery in your android phone, you must put a limit of your regular usage. Block other apps which automatically consume data without you knowing it. Stop using customizable launchers with multi-effects. It runs on the phone the whole time and takes up 50% of your phone's RAM which also drains your battery quickly.

Martinsx

Thanks for the tip, even though I'm already aware of the procedure, I still appreciate you taking time to bring it to the notice of others who probably don't know it. It's certainly going to of great help to some who aren't aware.

Thanks for sharing.

marciayudkin

marciayudkin
You are welcome, it is a good way to check battery health of a smartphone and I think everybody should try to check on their smartphones and I hope to hear what results they are getting after checked.

arcsmart18

I have tried the tip provided here just the other day and the result remarkable. I tried the second tip and even extended for few more hours. When it's time for me to open and use my smartphone I still have 91% of battery. Now I don't have to buy a new one since my battery is fine. Because of the result, I was figuring out what causes its fast discharge when I use my phone. I uninstalled the application that I rarely use like "imo", Skype, FB, Master Cleaner, games; I reduced backlight, switch off weather updates, vibration and other running apps. I am still checking on other apps that I don't use. Thanks for the tip.

HelenR

HelenR
91% of battery is a not bad result, congrats you @arcsmart18 because you are having a good battery and you don't need to change it. I also tested my battery and after 8 hours I got 95% of battery and I think my smartphone is having a good battery.

MrMustard

Hello, this does not necessarily test if your battery is good or not. It tests the standby of the phone i.e the state of when the phone is not performing any tasks and thus not much battery is drained during the period. To test your battery's degradation over time I would suggest using AccuBattery , a free app that gives you an estimate of how many mAh (the unit of measurement used to state the amount of "power" in a battery/capacity of a battery) your battery contains as compared to it's real amount. Furthermore, phone battery life is not only dependent on the battery,but the OS the phone runs on aswell, manufacturers tend to put different skins on their phone's OS e.g Samsung's TouchWiz, this is why for example the Note 8 would look different to a Pixel. I hope you learned something new today.
Regards,
Mustard

AccuBattery : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.digibites.accubattery&hl=en

Reactions: HelenR and Admin

ShaneW

ShaneW
I have a look on this app and as they said measures battery capacity (mAh) based on science. I am wondering how does it work to know if a batter is good or not if we don't have a real test :)

Dracindo

I don't get this tutorial, I can already see my battery health just fine. It shows the percentage of how much charge is left in it, goes orange when it's at 20% or lower, and red with an exclamation mark when at 10% or lower.
Isn't this the default for everyone?

Dracindo

Another question: Why do I have to specifically increase my brightness to the highest setting? I don't see why I need to do that in order to check my battery health. Or is it supposed to be a tip increase battery health? Because that makes even less sense to me.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.