Workout apps ?

TheGodfather

Hello!

Some of you must be working out.

I wanted to ask you, do you use any workout apps ?

I wanted to start myself but would be glad if I hear some suggestions from you.

DenisMNE

For what device are you looking for ?
For iOS, I only use Health.
Its a build-in app that helps me track how many steps a day I did.
I do not workout a lot, but I do walk so that is important to me.

TheGodfather

TheGodfather
Unfortunately, I do not use iOS, so I do not have that app.
I was looking more for something that will remind me when to workout, keep the track of how much calories I spend, miles walked, training programs and so on.
I wouldn't not be happy to pay for such an app, but I would not complain if it is few dollars.

meinschatz

I used working out apps on my android phone. I used 30 days lose weight challenge that can be downloadable in the play store, it has a category for a beginner, medium and professional. Before you may use this app, first it tracks your current weight to check if there's an improvement during your 30 days challenge.

J53772

The PumpUp app in playstore is really good. It allows you to keep track of your workout as well as your food intake. It also serves as kind of a social media because it allows you to post pictures about your journey which gives users more fitspiration. I hope you'll find this helpful.

jennyholzertshirt

If running is your thing (or if you'd like to start!) I'd recommend two apps: Nike Run Club and Couch to 5K.
Nike Run Club tracks steps and progress, but the main reason I like it is because they have a database of tracks/motivational trainers. It's kind of like having someone with you pushing you to go faster, do better, and run longer! I think that they also have a setting where it sounds like you're being chased by zombies to motivate your running.
Couch to 5K is a pretty well-known running regimen that's meant to gradually push you to run more often and longer, and apparently it's supposed to take people with no endurance or running skill and make them able to run a 5K.

Dracindo

If you need a motivation for running: Zombies, Run!
It's an app that uses the GPS data on your phone, to see how fast you run, and gives you a story, where you are in a post-apocalyptic world, and you have to run to look for resources and progress the story. While you can listen to your radio or local playlists, you will often hear messages that you found something or a part of the story.

You may also hear a warning that zombies are closing in on you. This means that you have to run faster for a certain amount of time. If they catch up to you, the mission fails, and you lose everything you've collected. The fun part is that you can turn this feature off, and just casually walk and listen to the story in between your music.

After you're done running, you can use the resources you've found to expand and upgrade your

The best part: You don't need internet for this. Well, you need it if you want to listen to the radio and build your base and such, but when you're outside, you only need GPS. Or you can also "play" this game on a treadmill, or for running on the spot.

Dracindo

Dracindo
I must add a bit of personal thoughts to this app though:
Playing the free version will limit the amount of storyline missions you get to do. At one point, you get only 1 mission every week, meaning if you have more time to work out, you'll either have to re-do missions or do a gathering mission. This is just free-style running, no story, just collection resources for your base.

And base building feels kind of dull. There is a Happiness, Supplies, and Security meter, which you can boost by collecting resources and using them to upgrade your base. However, these meters affect nothing. If you do a Luring mission, to attract zombies away from the village, it doesn't increase Security. Not doing any missions won't lower any bar either. Your base is nothing but a representation of how far you've gotten, as well as the meters. It doesn't feel like a minigame to keep you motivated, more like an achievement page.

Dracindo

I just remembered something. It's not really a fitness app, but for gamers, it might be a good additional incentive to workout. It's called Habitica, and it's basically an app where you can write down your daily chores, big tasks, and habits you want to learn and bad habits you want to get rid off.
Completing the tasks you wrote down will give your avatar XP, money, mana, and if you're on a quest you deal damage to the monster you're trying to kill.

Again, it's not a workout app, but it can give you a good incentive to workout. There's also guilds where you can talk to other people about a subject. If you join a workout guild (you can join as many as you want, by the way) you can talk about your workout strategies with others and others will help you as well. Habitica's community is really great, too. You should check it out.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views