Rice and Wet Android/Smartphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martinsx

Accidents can virtually happen with one's smartphone/android phones at anytime and part of such accidents is water damage. I have had several experience with my android phone accidentally dropping into water but I always have an unconventional savior within my home without needing to take the phone to technicians to help fixing the phone.

What unconventional savior am I referring to here? It's my bag of rice at home. It's been proven that rice have the ability to absorb the moisture within our accidentally dropped phone in water. All you need to do is remove the from the water immediately, switch it off, clean the outer surface and get it dipped in a bag of rice for at least a minimum of 2 days. I'm talking from experience, I did that and my phone came back to normal within some days. Good luck but don't go intentionally dropping your phone into the water.

IMG-20180202-WA0000.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

TinaSurre

I actually "drowned" my phone multiple times but I was lucky, that it always worked fine afterwards and I never needed to do this trick. But so many of my friends used it and it works magic!

gamingadict

I actually drowned my phone in a coke and already place it in a rice it lost its display and its only open. Its j7 2015 socsad guys.

kcfeliciano

I dropped my phone in water last month but i was quick to retrieve it. My sister taught me this trick. She immediately told me to turn off the phone and get the battery. She instructed me to but it in rice grain. I let it sit overnight and made sure there was no water left inside. I was more worried with getting electrocuted when i charge the phone. But everything went well. Maybe it depends on how much water went inside the phone.

Vinsanity

My Lenovo A6600 before actually drowned in a pool. I forgot to get it out from my pocket as I swam. My mistake there was that I did this the day after I got home since we don't have rice at the resort. For you to recover your phone the first thing to do is to remove the battery to avoid short circuit between the components' legs and between the positive and negative side of the battery. After doing so, put your phone in a bag of rice to absorb the water and avoid corrosion inside.

Kakashi2020

Everytime my phone gets wet and malfunctions, I also cover it with a lot of uncooked rice and after a day it's good to use again. It seems rice absorbs moisture and dries the insides of your phone. Its good to note that this free fix-me-up works on phones, tablets, notebooks, computer parts and some electronic equipments.

thepixelboy

This was a very useful tip guys, I once dropped my phone in pool twice ha ha, the first one is when the phone accidentally slipped from my hands, the second scenario is quite epic, i didn't actually dropped it, I jumped in the pool with it, I didn't know that my phone was in my pocket, at that moment I still didn't know about this method, No one told me, that's why I ended up Buying a new one, Thank you for sharing such a Magical way to revive a phone, next time that I accidentally dropped my phone in the pool or even in the toilet bowl i can revive it :) , Thanks again.

wet-phone.jpg

arcsmart18

Did some of you really drown your phone for the purpose of trying the trick? Seriously? I wouldn't want to do that. However, if only I did see this trick before I would have done it with my Acer when my 9-year-old kid was using my Tablet for videoing everything he played. He was videoing something near a container full of water and dropped it. I wasn't informed immediately for fear that I get angry. Later, I noticed that my Acer is not working and saw water coming out of it. What I did was to open whatever I could just to drain the water and dried it up for hours. I did not use it for a couple of days until I assembled and turned it on. It worked. But I had a problem with the battery. It is not functioning as it was before.

MomoStarr16

Hey I've done that with my blackberry before when i accidentally wet my phone. It really take out all the moisture inside my phone but it gives my screen scratches. Some of the rice piece stock inside my phone. So before doing it make sure to take care of your screen and little opening of your phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

New Threads

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.