Install multiple applications, run heavy utilities make Android phones and tablets become sluggish due to lack of RAM. You can manually increase the RAM up to 4GB to improve speed of your smartphone.
The following tricks will help you to use memory from the external memory card to take over the function of random access memory (RAM) through a tool called RAM Expander.
Boosting RAM will allow you to run multiple applications at the same time, which is smoother and faster. In addition, enough RAM will help game play better and not jerky. The more RAM you have, the less time you have to turn off application or use the free RAM or Memory Optimizer.
RAM Expander is a utility developed by ROEHSOFT. To use this utility you need to prepare:
- Android powered machine has been Root (super anti-reaction interference).
- Android device supports SWAP.
- High Speed microSD card (Class 10). High Speed CLASS 10 microSD. If possible, a 32GB or 64GB card can be used.
- ROEHSOFT RAM-Expander Tool (SWAP)
How to do
- First, download apps Memory Info Tools
from Google Play Store to check if the device you are using supports SWAP. If your computer supports this, then you can apply this method to increase RAM.
- Root Android device, you can find and refer to root instructions on Google for each device with the keyword "how to root + device name. You can use the Framaroot root tool or KingoApp Root Tool.
- Insert a microSD card into your smartphone.
- Download ROEHSOFT RAM-Expander
- Open application and pre-select SWAP Active to create the SWAP file.
- When done, just click on gray box (Swap Activ) to activate. When the message "Congratulations you have successfully increased the RAM of your Android smartphone", you have successfully lifted the RAM for the device. If you do not want to lift up RAM then cancel the activation at this gray button.
Note that Root Android device may be missing the warranty, you should consider before making.
Video on how to increase RAM for your smartphone