Does Nokia fix the problem with Android?

jseyfferdt

One of the major problems which I noticed with Android phones is upgrades. Especially the cheaper additions. Let me explain what I mean.

Even though smartphones have become so much cheaper but after you buy the device most of the time it is the last support or cares a person receives from the provider and we got used to it, but it also leads to many security features as bad guys find ways to hack android phones. The good thing is Google sees the problems and the release fixes and patches to prevent attacks on your Android devices and the latest versions of Android comes with those fixes as well as the most expensive Android phones get those fixes in monthly security updates, etc. But it does not help the average Android user who does not receive any updates after buying their phone. The only way to receive an up to date version is buying a new phone every now and then.

Nokia fixed that problem by selling pure Android devices for an affordable price which receives monthly security updates and now and then a system upgrade. So they fix the problem which often occurs that after you bought the device they still care about you to make sure that at least for a time you have an up to date phone and secured with the latest patches.

For example, when the Nokia 3 was released I bought one for me, as well all know the Nokia 3 cost about $150, and it came out with Android 7, a while later I received an optional upgrade to Android 7.1 and then to Android 8. I know it is not the latest but it is amazing to receive that care after buying a phone, who else do that for cheap phones? I also receive monthly security updates.

It has already been a year since Nokia came back and most companies have not changed their policies yet. Does that mean that people are happy with the current situation, or do not realize the security threads or just have not think about it?

Because I struggle to find other people with Nokia Phones...

Attachments

• Nokia_8_in_copper.jpg
    Nokia_8_in_copper.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 8
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads