What is actually the use of smartwatches? Is it recommended?

zenhashy

I'm wondering what is actually the use of the smartwatches? I haven't really done with my research but what I know is that, like in apple watches, you can play games in it and can install other useful applications. You can also connect your apple watch with your iphone and so if someone calls you, you can answer the call through the watch. Am I right? Do you use also the watch as the mic or you still need to pick your phone?

BTW, is it recommended?

phonedude1337

I was wondering the same thing because I am thinking of possibly getting a smart watch. From what I understand, it's sort of a shortcut to your phone, a way to use your phone without actually using your phone. But your phone still has to be on you or nearby I think. As far as unique uses for a smart watch, I don't know but am curious. Is there anything a smart watch is good for inparticular that an iphone can't do?

mark86

Smartwatch has lots of useful things and technically upgraded compare to old watches. It can send and call someone. Just make sure that you connect it to the bluetooth of your mobile phone. It can use as navigator as well. Smartwatches almost same functions as mobile phone nowadays.

blackmist

In today’s tech loving culture, smartwatches are still in fashion and they have become an on the go gadget for a variety of uses. They have a great number of features that make it simpler to finish specific tasks, and people find it more helpful to retrieve information from their wrist rather than tie up both hands with their smart phones.

KabiruYoungshark

I had a smartwatch back in the day like an year ago but its advantage was never that huge. I mean in many instances I had to take out my phone to reset the smartwatch and when the phone is out of range the watch is useless.
my thoughts...

zezar

In my view the smartwatch is a type of gadgets that are extra cost or add-ons if you want to look rich. First of all you do not need to buy an expensive smartwatch, as it is a smartphone and a watch that almost everyone has. Yes, it's not bad to have it but it depends on whether you really need it, so you want to have it. In the present day it is necessary to treat, if not important and not necessarily why we need to buy it. We need to be practical, it's not bad to enjoy modern technology, as long as you know where your level is to use and want to have it.

Fishbate

It can also be used as a tracker either for fitness or for health purposes. Smartwatches is an integrated system that enables you to do multiple task in such a small device.
I have seen smartwatches that are really helpful like a child alarm which sends a notification on your smartphone when your child has reached a location far from the distance that you primarily set.

When you think about it smartwatches still have lots of space for improvement, so i think the technology behind the smartwatches are still on its early stage.

Chinet23

There are some smartwatches which are fitness trackers and sports watches at the same time. From what I can see most are bulky and not very comfy but some may be slim but have average design. You also have to consider the battery life. Some don't have cellular option. It depends on the brand so just check on the features and purchase based on your priorities.

super2licca

Smartwatch is like a touchscreen computer in a form of watch. It can perform a lot of tasks like game-playing digital time telling, portable media players, etc. You just need to connect it to your mobile phone through Bluetooth. You can make or receive calls both on your mobile or smartwatch depending on the type or model.

nebur

I would rather ask if it is really necessary ? I mean yea Its cool to have a gadget on your wrist that not only to tell time, but also do plenty of things with it. I just find it ridiculous to do stuffs on your wrist. I mean kind of stuffs are for kids. I would rather have a classic watch that will never go out of style.

Ebin777

So, I had used a smartwatch for quite some time and here's my experience with it:

-Positives : All in all it's basically a bit less powerful smartphone on your wrist, so you will have access to a lot of useful apps on your wrist. Personally I always checked the weather data and temperature on my watch.Another app that I found useful was the map which of course gives you your live location.I have also used it to play games while waiting.And maybe the biggest positive might be how customizable is it. There are hundreds if not thousands of free watch faces for it, some being extremely high quality and something that is only possible on a smartwatch.

-Negatives:The battery life is probably the biggest drawback, most smartwatches need charging after a few days and I found it really exhausting to always put it back on it's stand. It could be just me though because my friend also has one and he doesn't mind it.Another thing is like all technology all smartwatches with time will become less powerful and could possibly break down.Also it's size is quite big so just keep that in mind.And for last, personally I didn't find it that useful since I already had my phone with me and even though it was more comfortable to use the smartwatch for certain apps, I still needed my phone for others.

All in all, I think if you are fine with charging every 3 days(maybe less for newer ones) and want something extremely customizable then I think you should try getting one.

Dracindo

Whether it's recommended depends on you, really. If you hate wearing anything on your wrists, for example, then no, don't even look at it. If you aren't sure whether you're going to use its features, then you have to think it through yourself and also look for one that falls within a reasonable price for you.

But it's best recommended for people who work out, as most of them have a step counter and heartbeat monitor. It's also a requirement for many workout apps, or at least a very helpful addition to such apps. But it's also good if you don't hear or feel your phone when you get called, then you could feel the watch buzzing, so that you won't miss calls and texts.

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views