Is there a way to add music directly on iPhone?

I'm wondering if there is any way to download and add music to the iTunes app directly on the iPhone without using a computer at all (also without using the iTunes store app). I feel inconvenient every time I used iTunes on my PC and it consumed me more time for this work. Please suggest me!

JayRob2212

I pay for the Apple Music subscription, which is $10/month, and it lets me download all the music I want straight from my phone. It also lets you stream it without downloading, this way it doesn't take up memory. Honestly, I believe it's worth paying for the subscription.

Dracindo

Dracindo
I'm on Android, and to get a single song, I just download it from Youtube or via a download button on some music site, then add it to my Dropbox, and then drag it from my Dropbox onto my smartphone. Downloading the songs takes most of my time. Once everything is downloaded, it's simply Select All > Send to Music folder, and then play it.

It's almost effortless, so I don't see why people would buy an overpriced phone, and still wish to pay another $10 monthly for something that's relatively easy to accomplish.

EfficientNinja

You can also add Spotify free or premium to your options. They also offer discounts for a family pack and for students. They give the first month free for new subscribers.

You’ll only need to search for your music and then add them to your library. The most noticeable advantage of premium over free is you can play your music without internet connection. :)

Jedi Knight Muse
I don't know which is the difference between free or premium of Spotify but I like using an app that allow to save music files to iPhone like I can do that on an Android device. :)

Is there any alternative to iTunes to add music to my iPhone?

johnlix

Well, I've been using iPhone since 2014 and until now, there really is no other way to save music from your device without the use of itunes in your desktop/laptop. I've actually tried to visit sites where you can download music using safari in my phone but after finishing download, I didn't saw it on my list of songs nor was saved anywhere in my phone. I guess your only option is to pay for subscription or download apps that let you stream songs for free but as for saving it in your phone then listen to it without an internet connection, you have no choice but to use your desktop/laptop

Jeedae

I don't know if you have zender or flashshare app on your phone. With these apps your can share and receive songs, applications, documents and so on from other phones. I've seen people use it on some iPhones. Maybe you should try it.

Aeolos

You can use ShareIt if you would like to save music in your phone without it. ShareIt is a file sharing app that uses hotspot in file transfer and its free. You can send or receive file from android devices. The music will be played on the default music player in the ShareIt app.

jicamaristela

I suggest you to just use Spotify. It is an application that you can use on smartphone and even on laptop or desktop. It is the best way to listen to music. If you subscribe there, you won't be needing any Internet connection to listen to the songs you downloaded.

Cai07

I'm wondering if there is any way to download and add music to the iTunes app directly on the iPhone without using a computer at all (also without using the iTunes store app). I feel inconvenient every time I used iTunes on my PC and it consumed me more time for this work. Please suggest me!
You can do that by subscribing to Apple Music. You can download any song you like and stream it off-line I’m not sure how much it costs though but, I think you need to pay $10 per month.

tuannguyen96

Spotify paid membership is the way to go my friend. It is much cheaper than purchasing every single song on iTunes. Moreover, I think that Spotify is more friendly to use than iTunes even if money is not your priority. And I believe that Spotify is offering 1 month free trial of the paid membership so you should definitely try it.

rightmeownana

Have you tried using ShareIt yet? I find it useful if you want to have your music from computer to your phone. If you're using windows, you can just install it and on your phone too then send it to your phone and voila! You can find the songs on the app and play it directly :)

Dracindo

Dracindo
Few questions:
  1. Is it a free app?
  2. If it is a free app, could you post a link to the download page?
I can probably read on the download page if you're going to link it, but with that app, you make it sound like you can only send songs between devices, but only a certain amount of songs. Like, I wouldn't be able to download a song from Youtube, add it on my device and then use ShareIt on it.

raymondhc

You can subscribe to apple music and it's pretty cheap. You can download any song you search on apple music and listen offline. You can even download the whole album of songs if you want.

ivandelrey

You really can't do it the Android way. Either pay for music or download "music downloader" apps in the App Store but you can't play them through the default music app. But I suggest paying for music, maybe a monthly Apple Music/Spotify subscription, artists deserve to get paid too just like developers and subscription is WAY cheaper than buying albums individually.

csam

There are many different music apps that you can use instead of using the Itunes app to download music on your iPhone. Spotify and Youtube music are two really great options. Right now I'm using Youtube music, but I do prefer Spotify's interface. A couple more options are Amazon prime and Google music. You are able to download music onto your phone with these two as well. Many of these services offer the first month for free so you can try all of them out.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

New Threads

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.