Why is BlackBerry not popular as iPhone or Samsung smartphone?

yuri_nagashita

I just think the main reason why Blackberry is not that popular because they lack the aggressiveness of promoting itself. They need to work on their mainstream market as well. For me, Blackberry still has that spark in it. They just need to take pride of it and add more features that could capture everyone's attention. I once used Blackberry and I personally loved it. It's very attractive and find it very elegant and easy to use. I still love its keypad.

Jeedae

I have used blackberry phones in the past and they were really good. Their cameras are ok especially the newer versions. But I was surprised when I couldn't find their new products in the store anymore. I heard that WhatsApp and some other applications don't work on some of it. Seem they have sold out the company.

CJacobs

Blackberry has a niche audience, but a loyal one. They're not going for mass appeal because it's not a fight worth winning for them. I'm not saying they couldn't compete with Iphone or Samsung if they really wanted to, but that would be an expensive and lengthy battle that wouldn't yield much profit for a long time. Trying to break into a bigger market could actually cost them.

The people using Blackberry know how good the technology really is, and that's all that matters in terms of the company's bottom line.

TKaliber

From what I understand Blackberry simply doesn't offer as much compatibility or customization as it's competitor's products. I could be entirely wrong but a lack of features in something as important as a smartphone can set you behind much more than a lack of features in other certain industries such as clothing, art or storage.

Dracindo

I have never seen an ad for a Blackberry device. I've seen them in stores and if they're good, I'll buy them, but most of the times, a Samsung or Huawei device at the same price is just a little bit better.
I think the main reason would be their promotions. Samsung and Apple promote like crazy, while Blackberries just modestly exists and wait for a new owner. That's how I see it.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views