Why is BlackBerry not popular as iPhone or Samsung smartphone?

Rodney Olson

Can you guys tell me reasons why BlackBerry is not popular as iPhone or Samsung smartphone? I have not used this BlackBerry before because old versions of BlackBerry is very hard to use due to it has keyboards but now they removed that but still can not become one of favorite smartphones for users?

MomoStarr16

In my own opinion as I used my friend blackberry, it is just like a normal phone with a apps or software that is really not famous into this era. Their applications are outdated and no one ever use it. Just like apple iOs, they have their unique technology that can't be use from other phone. But no one uses it. So they end up useless and no became famous.

Masterjed

Masterjed
I agree with you Momostarr16. I bought one before since its trending market wise and I used it mostly on emails, but that was way back 2010 to 2012. I guess their application is outdated and shall I say not user-friendly. You should be like techy enough to run it unlike other smartphone right now that even 5-15 years old can use it. But hope they can compete with the other brands in the future, they just need to work out their market strategy and study their users.

mharzenas

Back way in time of keypad phone the blackberry are one of the most trend phones. But now I think they didnt release any touch screen phone ( base on my knowledge) because I cant see any touch screen phone with blackberry logo .

kwaikin25

Can you guys tell me reasons why BlackBerry is not popular as iPhone or Samsung smartphone? I have not used this BlackBerry before because old versions of BlackBerry is very hard to use due to it has keyboards but now they removed that but still can not become one of favorite smartphones for users?

To be honest, i really love this blackberry phone. I had used one before and it really amazed me and having fun of typing keys, though its a kind of confusing during the first time but once you always use you will be familiarize with the keys. The reason why they left behind by these popular brands of today is that they did not innovate, though they tried but not as aggressive like what famous brand did. Maybe also the marketing they had before is not really active or aggressive and the design is not too unique compare to the other.

argel24

I remember back in 2009 when blackberry was very popular at that time and I really want to buy one but it was banned in some countries including UAE and unfortunately, I was working in UAE that time and I was not able to buy the blackberry and I was very upset.I ended up purchasing Nokia 6202.I think the reason why blackberry is not so popular today is that of its old-fashioned style and features.

daggy24

Blackberry used to market itself to young people.. When I was in highschool it was a "cool" phone to have. Somewhere along the line they stopped marketing to that demographic and presented themselves as a phone for business users. The keypad is a cool feature but fell out of use a few years ago and blackberry didn't take advantage when they had to chance to get in on the "huge flat easily breakable touch screen" fad.

Marian Junior

BlackBerry - The name itself has some attraction. The BlackBerry OS is just Awesome!!!.. In my opinion is popular!
1. Security - Like some products have some literal meaning(Eg., Volvo - Safety) . The name BlackBerry means "SECURE".
2.BlackBerry Hub - Gives all the information in a single place.Where you can manage your phone call,text messages, BBM messgaes,Twitter tweats,Whatsapp messages,Facebook messages, etc., So you don't need to open every application and have to check...
3.Build Quality - They are also known for making good looking and beautiful phones. And the BB logo on your device conveys that you are using a Premium Phone.
4.Easy to Use- The BlackBerry OS just keeps things simple. Just in and out. There is no scrambling and scattered operation of your fingers is required to operate it.
I'm using BlackBerry Z3...Soon I'll be upgrading to BlackBerry Passport...

kaisantos2229

I am a Blackberry user myself once and I must say that they make good, reliable, durable and safe mobile phones. They use to be so popular worldwide, almost every important people in the world owns a blackberry smartphone. Actually the reason why blackberry fell down is because of the two leaders of the company which they cannot solve their differences and dragging the company down with them.

Vinsanity

Like what happened to Nokia, Blackberry did not do anything bad yet they failed to succeed. Blackberry did not cope up with today's competition in consumer electronics. They failed to notice the change. There was nothing really cool about their designs and features. It has barely useful apps and did not cope up with what android phones can offer. We all know that blackberry's qwerty phones back then are too expensive compared with qwerty phones of Samsung. Moreover, Blackberry's qwerty phone was almost at the same price with Samsung's touch screen phones.
Yes, in terms of cost, it is the same with iPhone, but it has a different case. iPhone has that charisma that its consumers really love. iPhone exploded, it has actively innovating its products every year (Thanks to Steve Jobs).

Pinz27

When we take a look on the current trends and technologies are changing now a days. I think we can say Blackberry not really quite familiar with it, maybe it has old features and can't compete to the new styles compare to iPhones and Samsung. IPhone units are more innovative and as well as Samsung, they offer more designs and features which people considered. All these years I'm a Samsung user, though I would not consider it as my top priority to change units every time there's a new model came out. That's vanity! I just love the color and settings you can change the walls its a friendly user too.

studentph

Blackberry failed to improve and keep up with the trends, that's why they failed. Most mediocre brands out there that aren't iPhone or Samsung are still surviving despite less brand recognition and that's because they are keeping up with the trends. If Blackberry kept up with the trends before the release of the iPhone 5 it would still be a popular brand until today.

Khine012

Well I think because they did not embrace android earlier than most phones that;s why they were outdated. They would stick to their programming features and would not let android to come in. I had my blackberry once and it was good but as time goes by I would have think that the brand has been very very slow in the market.

yeaimallama

I've been using a BlackBerry Q10 since 2014 and it's my favourite phone yet! It has touch screen and also a keypad so it's really easy to text and navigate the screen. It seems like BlackBerry devices are underrated mostly because iPhone/Android take over the aisles at local retail stores. There are barely any BlackBerry products at my local Walmart. BlackBerry users don't have as many options as far as applications go, but it's simple and works great for me. People often comment about my phone when they see it, claiming it's been "so long since they've seen a BlackBerry!" :LOL:

ElGuapo96

Well, i think it used to be really popular. It had great phones, especially the ones with keyboard, that was so futuristic for that particular time. But with the rise of Android and iPhone, BlackBerry met the same fate as Windows Phone. It's popularity suddenly dropped and it is slowly dying. Not a bad phone, it's just overwhelmed with competition.

blakfinn

After a girl is exposed to a certain level of comfort,she finds it difficult to cohabit with a broke ass boyfriend.
IOS and Android opened our eyes to endless possibilities, hence we all fell in love with devices running both OS.
Blackberry and even Nokia were kings back in the day,but they but missed out in boarding the moving and hip train. After wasting so much time and loosing market share Blackberry joined the party very late and their high prices has turned off lots of potential middle income clients,who would rather buy premium Chinese phones than borrow to buy a Blackberry.

pamz

I too currently owning a Blackberry Q10. I had it also around 2014 I guess. I like the theme of touch and type, because I quite have a problem with typing in touch screen specially smaller touch screen because I got big thumb. I like having the typing keyboard, the sensation of pressing a letter. Owning a blackberry was one of my goals ever since I started working. I am happy and proud my still working as new blackberry. I guess the reason that blackberry didn't become as popular as iPhone or Samsung is because they did not intended that blackberry to become a gaming or a camera android phone. it is made for professional or business persons making his network and calendar easy to manage. I guess they just picked the wrong genre to work on..

amarkayam

it's mainly due to the fact that they just stick with the blackberry os rather than shifting to android which captured the mainsstream market.

Arshi

in terms of the consumer devices, the answer is fairly simple, they have a heavy emphasis on business, unlike iOS and Android, BBOS doesn’t have a lot of entertainment to offer, not many apps available in the BlackBerry World store, and not as much focus on media. BlackBerry devices are known for being reliable and secure, not fun, which is why many business and political leaders use them, they may not be good for playing Angry Birds, but they can be depended on.

Truthfully, BlackBerry devices are good, and could be competitive, they now have android compatibility, the famous BlackBerry Hub that let’s you read and respond to email, text, social media, etc… all in one place, built in FM tuners (some androids have this too though, Samsung particularly), robust web browsing capability, the ability to separate work/personal stuff, and so much more. All while holding onto the reliability and security the became known for.

But all the good was put aside for the fun factor, there was a shift in the smartphone industry, from reliability and functionality to more fun, people didn’t just wanted to make phone calls and keep a calendar like they used to, they wanted a computer in their pocket, they wanted to play games, check facebook, watch netflix, etc… BlackBerry didn’t change to accommodate those ‘fun’ users in time to be a real competitor to Android and iPhones, so they got relegated to the business customers, and those who value security.

JonathanS

Well, BlackBerry had a good run and actually became one of the hottest craves for a period of time. If you ask me, I think between the natural brand promotion of celebrities (like Kim Kardashian), along with media, BlackBerry appeared to have dominated the market around 2009-‘11 I believe.

From my research, I learned that BlackBerry is best for the business-type consumer as their framework for email handling is above average. The BBM network did, however, run into several problems. Eventually losing the sort of fan base they so quickly built up.

It just seemed like in the battle between operating systems (iOS for iPhone and Android for Samsung), BlackBerry devices appeared to have been left in the dust.

ICED

The reason is "branding" Apple and Saumsung has better market positioning than Blackberry and it is not just because of good specifications or customer service. It is all about branding, how they advertise, how they reach customers, how effectively they convey to people that they are the best smartphone brand in the world. Most of us are brand concious and we cannot help but go for popular brands because we feel secure of using it, the brand is trusted by many people and sometimes it becomes a status symbol for some. Cherry Mobile, Firefly Mobile and other unpopular brands sells better than Blackberry in the Philippines. All because of branding, finding the niche and effective marketing strategy and a little about product development and packaging

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views