What is Hotspot in Android?

carmeleo

Hello! Although I encounter with the word "Hotspot" in my Android phone, but I am not familiar with the uses of Hotspot. I haven't used it really. Will you please educate me about Hotspot and how and what is it used for?

Emmaz

How do I put this for you to easily understand it now? Alright, let me try explaining it as simple as I could. Take for instance, you have an android phone, a laptop and desktop computer. You have only internet data subscription in your android phone, once you have your Hotspot turned on, and have the Wi-Fi of both your laptop and desktop computer turned on, they will both automatically connect to your android phone and use the data to access the internet. If your Hotspot is password protected, you will need to input the password before the other device can obtain the android IP and browse with its data.

20180326_124136_rmscr.jpg

Sev7en

Hotspot is a program designed on mobile devices to communicate with other devices to connect on the internet. Once Hotspot is enabled and your smartphone has an existing and active internet connection, whether it's prepaid, postpaid, and or plan, what this program does is it will set your phone to tether with other connecting devices around you. For example, when user A opens his/her WiFi connection, it will automatically search for any available "hotspot" on the designated area. When user A's phone detected your phone and you don't set any password in it, so he/she can easily connects on your phone and surf on the internet. One downside is when utilizing your Hotspot program on public places with so many random people, that is knowledgeable on tethering, can easily exploit your phone and maybe stole any sensitive information that's stored on your mobile device.

So Hotspot isn't quite useful, unless you know when and where to use it. And with the WiFi connection that's offered by our persistent Internet Service Provider (ISP) Hotspot lost it's usability.

ladyleony

for my own understanding hotspot is a feature that share internet service by releasing a wifi or wireless fidelity to other gadget to connect. And You can also use this to share other files to one another or playing games with your friends with a multiplayer application.

Fishbate

A hotspot is basically an access point that is created thru a dedicated device in this case a smartphone. This access point shares the data of the dedicated device to the devices connected to it. In easier terms, its creating your own data provider...

jaybee19

Hotspot for me, is somewhat like a portable 'wi-fi' on your phone and the signal/connection that will be distributed to other devices is from the connection you have on your phone. If you turn on hotspot, it will automatically use your connection to also provide internet connections for others if you let them. You are basically using your phone as a portable wifi 'BUT' there's limitations with Hostpots and you can somewhat only connect a small number of devices to it. Your phone's internet connection will also slow down if you'll let others connect in your Hotspot.

vpatella

I'd like to throw in my opinion here in that with today's data rates, at least, in my current situation, hotspots are extremely cost ineffective. I'm sure that the technology has come a long way since the last time I had one, but even with dedicated hotspot technology, the cost was not worth it. This is not to mention the fact that the hardware itself would constantly overheat and malfunction.

Martinsx

In a short description, a Hotspot is a feature that allows you to connect other devices to your Android internet connection in order to access the internet through the patch.

When you switch on the Hotspot in your Android phone, all you need to do with other devices is to switch on the Wi-Fi and it would automatically connect to your android phone internet by obtaining the device IP address.

Joey Mercado

@carmeleo , Good day! Thank you for your post, there are a lot of reply and they are really helpful tips , in short Hotspot in Android or in any other device is a Wifi sharing from the host to its connector, in short , the source when its Hotspot is open it serve as the wifi router to others:)

Martinsx

Martinsx
Yes, you get that quite right @Joey Mercado ,its just a pathway from another device which enables other devices to connect to the internet connection of the device its Hotspot is on. Over here we don't get anything like free Wi-Fi or Hotspot, you are definitely paying for your internet services :rolleyes:.

KyuKyu04

Hotspot is where you can connect devices to other device which is having internet source and the connected devices can also share internet using Wi-Fi Hotspot (WLAN). In easiest term, as you can see the photo here, the device with INTERNET can share data pockets to other devices just with activating the Hot-spot. Then connect the devices by activating the WI-FI and connect to the device that is having internet. Then that's it! Be sure to set the Hotspot settings and put some password on it so unwanted persons cannot connect.

hotspot.png

Jaymalie

According to my own words hotspot is used to share mobile data to another device ,it maybe be a laptop, computer of just a smartphone .
How to access hotspot on your phone :
Their two ways to access the hotspot
1 .just sweep your screen from up to down as shown in the picture below and you will see it ,its the easiest way to access it .
2 you can decide to click on menu ,then go to setting select mobile data tap on the hotspot, you can put a password on your hotspot in order to make it private .

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-05-10-12-34-31.png
    Screenshot_2018-05-10-12-34-31.png
    89.4 KB · Views: 11
Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads