How to turn on double layer security for your Gmail

Martinsx

Double Layer Security for Gmail is a feature that supports sending a verification message when you sign in to your phone, thereby making Gmail safer. To enable double layer security please follow the following procedure.
bao-mat-2-lop-gmail-09.jpg

Step1: Visit https://myaccount.google.com/security and sign in to your Gmail account .

Step 2: In the Password and login section you will see 2-Step Verification, click.

Step 3: Get started.

Step 4: The system will now require login again.

Step 5: Google will suggest support for phone verification, if you do not use Gmail on your phone, the system will ignore it and go to the verification request by phone number.

Enter the phone number you want to use to verify each time you sign in to Gmail and select Send.

Step 6: Google will send you a confirmation message, enter your verification code in the space provided.

Step 7: Select On to finish setting up 2 layer security for your Gmail.

So I have to guide you to turn on security for two layers Gmail.

Wish you success.

DenisMNE

Wow, thanks for sharing this !
I use gmail for years and never knew about this one.
I only used my phone as a verification and nothing more.
Will use it to make my account more safer since I do not want to risk it being hacked or something.
Adding another layer would be great.
Thank you!

Martinsx

Martinsx
You are highly welcome mate. It's always in one's best interest to have one's account well secured because a lot of hackers are trying to get into our account one way or another. My Gmail account have been hacked once which is why I sought for ways to put an end to this and prevent it from happening again.

TheGodfather

This is awesome, my friend.I've lost my gmail password so many times and I was always afraid I will lose it.Gmail is my best friend when it comes down to email providers.
Keeping it secure as much as you can is always the best thing.

Martinsx

Martinsx
Sorry about losing your password, it happens sometimes to everyone, there is no way to prevent that from happening but there is always a way around it which is why I shared this.

I would advise backing up all your passwords, or would help you not lose it too often.

EfficientNinja

I’m just wondering. What would happen if you lose the phone you’re using for authentication? Will it be easy to recover? I haven’t experienced it yet.

Joey Mercado

Thank you for sharing. I am doing this also not only on my gmail account but also on my yahoo mail. Since those email accounts contain special and important details of mine so double security really helps. It helps you also the moment you forgot your password just confirm it on the phone and it really helps.

Martinsx

Martinsx
That's good to hear mate. Ooh, you still make use of yahoo mail account? It's been awhile since I had seen anyone making use of it. Gmail has almost kicked out the usage of yahoo accounts :p.

myblogger

Thanks for sharing google!. I have followed all those steps to make sure my account from unauthorized use. That features of google is so powerful of protecting your account because if someone try to use account, the google will send you an alert on cellphone so you'll be alerted. Thank google for this!

EfficientNinja

Can you also share how to enable 2-factor authentication for a PayPal account? I can't seem to find updated guides about it. Thanks!

DenisMNE

These are instructions that were good for me :
download.png

Dracindo

Thanks for this little simple guide. When I read the title I didn't knew what you meant with doulbe layer security, but when you said it was to link your phone to your gmail account, I knew what was up.
The term you were looking for here is two factor authentication, not double layer security ;)

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.