What antivirus should I download for Windows 10 ?

TheGodfather

Hello!
I wanted to install an antivirus in my computer since there is a lot of junk files that I got and I am having virus and malware problem.

Most of you, probably, has an antivirus installed but I never had one.Not for years.

Which one would you recommend me to download ?

EfficientNinja

You can live with the built-in one. But you should supplement it with Malwarebytes. Windows defender against viruses, and Malwarebytes against malware. A weekly on-demand scan from Malwarebytes will help keep you safe. Best freeware combo! :D

Joey Mercado

You can live with the built-in one. But you should supplement it with Malwarebytes. Windows defender against viruses, and Malwarebytes against malware. A weekly on-demand scan from Malwarebytes will help keep you safe. Best freeware combo! :D

I agree with this that you can live with the built in antivirus that make sure you have to scan full scan your pc/ laptop as per recommended maybe weekly or every other week so that you will secure the cleanliness of your gadget . However if you are looking for the better one based on their research the "leading" Software antivirus is the Norton Security by Symantec.

You can link on the link below for more further information and I hope it helps

http://buy-static.norton.com/norton...em_sy:xm:ggl:en:x|kw0000004478|231241010830|c

TheGodfather

I do not own Malwarebytes so I guess I will have to download it.
I know Windows provides some protection but I wanted to make sure.
@Joey Mercado thank you for sharing that link, I will check it out.

EfficientNinja

It's compatible with other antivirus and it is always recommended with whichever antivirus you choose to download. :)

You won't regret it. It detects malware that couldn't be detected by any antivirus.

Good luck!

TheGodfather

It's compatible with other antivirus and it is always recommended with whichever antivirus you choose to download. :)
You won't regret it. It detects malware that couldn't be detected by any antivirus.
Good luck!
Thank you ! Working on it as I am writing this.
I've read that they have a good feedback and usually do not make computer slower, so I will give it a shot.
I was not an antivirus expert and I am glad this forum helped me out.

EfficientNinja

Thank you ! Working on it as I am writing this.
I've read that they have a good feedback and usually do not make computer slower, so I will give it a shot.
I was not an antivirus expert and I am glad this forum helped me out.
No worries! I hope it proves itself effective in cleaning and defending your PC too! :D

TheGodfather

No worries! I hope it proves itself effective in cleaning and defending your PC too! :D
It does !
Just finished downloading it, installing it and turning it on.I had around 100 potential files that were dangerous for my computer and I deleted them.Its pretty easy and simple, literally few clicks away.
I did not know Microsoft supported this one.

Joey Mercado

@TheGodfather sure no worries, as long as we can help in solving issues of every forum member here..Good thing that you have tried what @EfficientNinja had been recommended and ofund out it is good thing. :) Congratulations

NathanielCrossdale

I would download the Norton Security Deluxe anti-virus software for your Windows 10 computers. Norton is one of the most trusted names in the industry so you know you are getting a reliable product off the bat when you download it. Furthermore, It is quite a discreet software, so it doesn't annoyingly get in way of your everyday computing tasks. It has great features such as an integrated password manager, browser protection and scam insight which can make you generally feel safe and secure when you use your windows 10 pc. Additionally, the best part may be that it helps make your PC run more efficiently, instead of just slowing it down, which other software have been known to do. Norton is the safe option, but a good one nonetheless.

DenisMNE

As the guys said, avast or avg should do good.
Check which one fits you better and uses less energy.
I personally recommend avg.
It can be downloaded here.

Hope it helped.

EfficientNinja

It does !
Just finished downloading it, installing it and turning it on.I had around 100 potential files that were dangerous for my computer and I deleted them.Its pretty easy and simple, literally few clicks away.
I did not know Microsoft supported this one.
Wow, that's a lot of detection! Good thing it's also effective for your PC! :D

Jomjom

Wow! These really helps a lot especially if you're quite confused on what antivirus should be downloaded. The bottom-line here is that an antivirus should have the ability to detect all possible threats present on your laptop. For me, I'm using 360 Total Security as an antivirus. So far, it's doing its' job, guys.

EfficientNinja

Hope it helped.
I also suggest AVG if he's not content with Windows Defender. It is very lightweight and uses less RAM, CPU, and Disk usage compared to its competitors.

Fishbate

The suggested apps by members here all great antivirus apps. Most of them i have already used through the years. AVG, WINdefender, Malwarebytes and Avast are free apps that i have already used.

Most of them are great real time scanners with minimum power required. Also some of the apps include other functions like system cleaning, Optimization etc...

In addition i also want to recommend USB disk security. Its a lite app that protects your PC/LAPTOP from virus coming from external devices plugged in your device ports. I've been using this app for a long time and it served me well.
1523941446124.png

I have been using USB Disk Security simultaneously with Avast at the moment and its a great combination for me.

I hope this helps:coffee:!

TheGodfather

Hope it helped.
Thank you guys for suggesting me some of the antiviruses.I will definitely check them out and get it back to you.I checked and downloaded AVG and it seems to be working just fine.

TheGodfather

The suggested apps by members here all great antivirus apps. Most of them i have already used through the years. AVG, WINdefender, Malwarebytes and Avast are free apps that i have already used.
Most of them are great real time scanners with minimum power required. Also some of the apps include other functions like system cleaning, Optimization etc...
In addition i also want to recommend USB disk security. Its a lite app that protects your PC/LAPTOP from virus coming from external devices plugged in your device ports. I've been using this app for a long time and it served me well.
View attachment 1294
I have been using USB Disk Security simultaneously with Avast at the moment and its a great combination for me.
I hope this helps:coffee:!
Wow, thats great !
Thank you for sharing it in more details.
I did not know about USB disk security and will try to install something that will protect me against malware and virus.

Dracindo

The built-in one is good enough for me, but if anything, I would highly recommend AVG. It really helped me clean up my laptop. Sure, it's still running too slow for my taste, but what would you expect from a 7 year old laptop? I'm pretty sure I haven't cleaned the dust within for ages, as well.

Rodney Olson

I am using Kaspersky internet security and it is a great anti virus software, you will feel safe when having it on your PC, especially Windows 7 or 10.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views