How to take a screenshot on Laptop / PC / Mac - Easy and simple method

TheGodfather

This is a method I use for years.

For some people, taking screenshots is a completely routine thing, and when someone says they do not know how to do it, it's not an excuse.

Here we will handle the ways I personally use and recommend ..

Download Lightshot program

Clicking on the link, you will be redirected to the download site, in the upper right corner you will see the download option, when you select it will show you the options for Windows or Mac depends on what you use to select this option.

download.png

Install the app.You do not have to start it as it will be stored automatically by your device.

To activate screenshot press PrtSc / Print screen, depends on what type of a device you use, on your keyboard.It, usually looks like this :

Print-screen.png

After that, you will get an option to take a cut the picture on the surface of the screen the way you like.In a simple way, move with the mouse cursor, select where to start and hold the left button to select the surface you want to take.Release when you want to stop.
After that, you will get something that looks like this:

Lightshot.jpg

Click on upload and you will get the link of the picture.Type it on address bar and you can download it or share it.

Lightshot.png

I hope I helped.

DenisMNE

Nice, easy and simple.The way I like it.
A lot of people have problems with screenshot on Windows since it is not very smooth when it comes down to making picture after you take a screen shot, and some people do have problems with where the file was located.
This is the app I used for some time and it never failed me.

TheGodfather

TheGodfather
No problem @EfficientNinja and @DenisMNE .
Its a useful method.
Its super fast.You can get a screenshot in literally 5 seconds.
The only thing that makes it different but better in same way, is that you get a link to download, so if you need to share it online you will have much easier time then just uploading with windows apps that are not smooth enough sometimes.

Dracindo

Looks good if a print screen is too much and you can't properly crop using Paint. However, I rather use Puu.sh for screenshots. It's also a small piece of software that adds in option quickly take a screenshot of your screen, currently opened window or a selected area you define.
Then it saves it on your account online, meaning that your screenshots aren't being saved on your computer, saving you some space, although you can always save it on your computer afterwards.
It's also easy to share these images as every image you make has a short URL link.

So: easy, quick, and very low requirements makes puu.sh my most favorite lightweight software for taking screenshots.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.