Google chrome best ad blocker? Windows 10/Android

TheGodfather

Hello, guys !

I am sick and tired of pop-ups and ads that just show up when I am surfing the web with Chrome.Can someone recommend me an app for my Windows 10 and Android phone ?
Would like to shut them down since I can't stand it anymore.

They pop out when I want to watch movies, play games and so, and hope that some of you can give me some good ones.

It can be plugin also for Chrome on Windows.

Thank you.

EfficientNinja

The one I'm using is uBlock Origin for Chrome. It uses fewer resources than the famous Adblock Plus. I also notice that some sites detect that I'm using an Adblocker and demand that I add them to my whitelist so I use Tampermonkey to hide my Adblocker from these websites. :)

TheGodfather

I did not know that Adblock consumes more than this one you are suggesting.
I will take a look at it.
I use google chrome and I just read how to install Tampermonkey.
Thank you for your information.

EfficientNinja

EfficientNinja
There's a guide on how to install the plugin for Tampermonkey that hides the adblocker from sites. You can just search for it. I don't remember where I saw it. :)

TheGodfather

TheGodfather
Thank you.
I never used Tamperemonkey before neither I had idea what is it its purpose.Looks like a tool that is making you able to install plug-ins.
Anyway, I installed it.No problems or anything, it was pretty smooth.
So far it is giving a good feedback.

DenisMNE

I am using AdBlocker and had no problems with it whatsoever, for years.
You should try it, too.
Although, @EfficientNinja gave you some alternatives that I did not know about so you might want to check that out, too.

Fishbate

An easy way to manage popups is thru the Chrome settings. Not all popups are bad, some makes a good notifier while other apps used popups as sub program to initiate a second window.

If you want to manage your popups on chrome try allowing or block several popups that you don't want on your system.

Here's the address on your chrome setting:
chrome://settings/content/popups

You can choose whether you want to add or block a popup to your chrome.
1527948232908.png

I hope this helps...

Reactions: Martinsx

Martinsx

Martinsx
If you are using Google Chrome, the suggestion of @Fishbate says it all. Just follow his instructions and set off the pop up notification off. It's just how I dealt with my own pop notifications with my browser and it's haven't bothered me again.

MittensFX

You can use AdBlocker as its the best ad-blocking plugin that you can get for free.
It blocks instantly.When some sites require you to disable it,just go on and switch the adblocking to be disabled for that site.Its simple and effective.
In my opinion its one of the best Adblockers out there.

Dracindo

I also notice that some sites detect that I'm using an Adblocker and demand that I add them to my whitelist
Like, why did we download an AdBlocker in the first place, right? :LOL:

On a more serious note, is uBlock Origin a piece of software that is free to download or is it like other ad blockers that request a one time payment or a monthly subscription (with a 30-day free trial)? Because I am using Adblock Plus, but it doesn't seem to work properly, I still get ads everywhere. Perhaps I installed it incorrectly.

So yeah, looking for a new free ad blocker. Hope this one is free, I never heard about it.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads