Free up space for iPhone, iPad running iOS 11

CyberAlchemist

Deleting or uploading photos to the cloud, uninstalling unnecessary software are ways to help keep your iOS device's memory free.

Memory management with iOS 11

Free up space for iPhone, iPad running iOS 11 f1.jpg

Apple's new operating system for the iPhoneand iPad, adds features to better manage storage.
Go to Settings> General> iPhone Storage and select Show All in the Recommendations section to see the system recommendations.
Here iOS 11 will be able to remove the software that you use less. Some system applications like Maps, Watch or iBooks also allow to be uninstalled. In addition, you can delete large attachments sent through Messages.

Sync and delete old photos

Photos and videos are one of the most "consumptive" items that use more resource on the iPhone. Remove unnecessary content to free up device space, especially high-definition videos.

Free up space for iPhone, iPad running iOS 11 f2.jpg

If you do not want to lose photos and videos, you can sync them to the cloud with iCloud, Google Photos, Flickr, or Dropbox. Hint: Google Photos allows unlimited photo backups, including your photos and videos. Compressed but still high quality.

After the synchronization is completed, user opens Google Photos and navigates to Free up space. The application will ask you if you want to delete all photos and videos stored on your computer. Click Remove to temporarily delete, then to the Photos library (iOS) to delete completely in Recently Deleted. Those contents will be removed from iPhone, iPad, but will still be saved on Google Photos.

Reset Facebook, Instagram

Free up space for iPhone, iPad running iOS 11 f3.jpg

Social networking applications such as Facebook, Instagram or Snapchat do create massive data using lotsof memory of the Device.
Users can delete them and then reinstall them to free up storage space without affecting the experience.

Delete periodic messages

Free up space for iPhone, iPad running iOS 11 f4.png

If you frequently message with iMessages, your device memory will quickly be filled with images or video attachments when chatting. By going through Settings> Messages> Keep Messages and selecting 30 Days, the message will be automatically deleted after 30 days since sending and receiving.

MomoStarr16

Thanks for giving me idea on where to put my photos if i don't want to delete it. It take me a hard time finding where can i store up my huge compilations of picture that i don't want to delete. It is a great post.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

New Threads

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.