Does laptop/netbook really consume so much data?

bernztein_22

I just bought a pendo/pendopad last week. Its style is cool and already has windows 10 installed. The only thing that bothers me is that when I connect it to my mobile hotspot, it consumes a lot of my data allocation so quickly. For example, a 1gb data allocation would only last for 30mins to an hour with just web browsing, like accessing this site. No streaming or downloading. I was wondering if there's any way to fix this or if it's just how it is. I was planning of getting a postpaid plan but it will not be worth it if this is the case. Like a 10gb data allocation which is supposed to last for 30 days will only last for a day or two.

Looking forward to your suggestions and bright ideas. :)

Fishbate

It maybe on your automatic updates, windows 10 has an automatic updates setting which is enabled by default. These updates are usually system and components related, which are basically updated or downloading on background. You may see nothing on your menu but its actually downloading.

These updates are essentials in keeping your system updated but if you want to control it you can download updates manually by changing the setting so you can manage your consumable data.

You can check the method here for your reference:
https://www.easeus.com/todo-backup-...ndows-10-from-automatically-update.html#part1

Also check your active apps like anti virus, adobe, and java. You can check their update setting and change it to "notify me before downloading" . This will help manage your third party apps from consuming your data unexpectedly.

I hope this helps:coffee:!

Joey Mercado

hello @bernztein_22 , This one is quite a good post and I am agree with @Fishbate Windows 10 has an automatic update setting. So i suggest that aside form this kindly check the other setting s of your applications and make sure you will use the spaces very well. Thank you

bernztein_22

This is indeed of great help. Thank you so much! I've changed the settings of my device just now and will see if it'll work. I'll give an update soon.

blogger2018

Maybe it's true because it has big screen or consume by images that it has. Maybe because of the overall function of laptop consumed so much data, it also depend on the pages or websites or games that you opened.

RoseKaizer

I think it's not I've been using my laptop and I am satisfied when I'm using it.I think it will happen to consume a lot of of your internet data if your laptop has an automatic update, just try to fix it.

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads