WiFi Connectivity Issues

JayRob2212

I have the iPhone 7 Plus and recently I have been noticing that it will disconnect from my wifi quite frequently. I try turning the wifi off and on (on the phone) and sometimes I try rebooting the phone as well, but no success. So far the only thing that fixes the issue is restarting my router every single time, which is getting annoying.

Anyone else having this issue?

Martinsx

DenisMNE

DenisMNE
I think the OP's problem might been the router itself and the fact that it is set to limit the connectivity.
If not, I recommend the article you wrote.
I hope either way should help solve this.

DenisMNE

I have the iPhone 7 Plus and recently I have been noticing that it will disconnect from my wifi quite frequently. I try turning the wifi off and on (on the phone) and sometimes I try rebooting the phone as well, but no success. So far the only thing that fixes the issue is restarting my router every single time, which is getting annoying.

Change the password on your router.
Also, try adding more connection ports on router.Maybe you have a lot of devices that can connect to your Wi-Fi or are already connected and when its always a fight which one will connect.
If, lets say, you have connectivity of up to 4 devices on your router, and you have 5 or more that are trying to, think about the game ''Musical chairs''.Its the same thing, just with phones and chairs is Wi-Fi.

EfficientNinja

You could also try checking if your router offers an updated firmware. Firmware updates for routers improve their performance and fix some known issues. You could also try doing a factory reset on your router and re-apply settings that are important for your network. :)

Joey Mercado

I don't have Iphone personally but my cousin had an issue same as yours before, If you try to reboot it and still nothing happens, try to as other members suggested check your router connectivity setting , you may check or change the password of your wifi to secure the connectivity on your phone . Secondly is check also the settings cause in some routers I am not sure but I guess that there is only limited numbers of gadgets that can connect to the wifi,

And if none of these successfull happens , I guess its better to consult or let the expert technicians take a look on your phone.
I hope it helps .

Fishbate

allan1206

yes i am also experiencing the same problem with my iphone 6s and i an iphone user since Android and ios phones came out in the market before i buy my sony phone for its camera. i think iphone is very sensitive in connecting to different connections and the manufacturer is very protective in its sofware. The radius of internet connection that an iphone can detect is too small which i hope developers can see that issue. but in term of over all performance iphone is very good. The only think that i usually do if that problem is continuously recurring is to stay adjacent to the router and constantly try to connect in our wifi. Hope this will also helpful to you.

kurtricatura

I have this same problem as well with my iPhone 5c and 7+. I am definitely withing the range of the router and I'm not on battery power saving mode. Sometimes, I surf the internet like usual and maybe watch a movie and suddenly it will buffer and when I look at the top part of my screen, it shows "LTE" instead of a wifi symbol. I go to the settings every time this happens and turn the wifi on and off. It works but I can be doing this all my life you know (or at least until I replace my phone that is).

Fishbate

Fishbate
If that's the case it might be a signal interruption. WIFI uses radio frequency and this signal is susceptible to other devices that emits radio frequency.

Try to relocate your router to a location away from other devices like TV, Microwave Ovens, Radio and even mechanical noise. Preferably it should be located at the center of the area of location, this way the signal radius will be distributed evenly through out the area where it's located.

You can also try using a signal repeater so that you will have a very stable signal RX/TX transmission.

1528817589425.png

I hope this helps:coffee:...

glxyk1sses

What kind of router do you own? Is it an older model? Sometimes as we use older technology with some of our newer devices things will start to misbehave. :devilish:

NameGervin

Sometimes I do experiencing it but not on iphone because I do not have any apple product. You can use other device such as computer, tablet, PC to test if the issue is still there. Also try borrowing your friends phone to test. If it is keeping on disconnecting try to contact your internet service provider. Because they are the one whose likely to know more about your router.

cheeto

Yes, I have the same problem in my I phone 6 plus and iPad mini 2. I think the issue is the router. Because I tried my brother's WI-Fi connection in their house and the connection is stable. So I end up buying a new router just to rectify the issue. Restarting my router every now and then is really annoying.

Racky18

I also encounter the same problem with you with my phone just like your phone, every time i will connect to our wifi he can connect. But after a while in a few minutes my phone disconnect again even my wifi in my phone is on. What i did is that i put off my phone and later on i have to put on the wifi with my phone reconnected again.It really disgusting especially if you are talking to your love one using viber apps or any other apps and you are at the hype of your conversation,and you wonder why what happen why she is gone like a bubble and only to find out your phone unintentionally disconnected again to the wifi. But when we change our new wifi the problem of unintentional disconnection of my phone had gone.

rightmeownana

Hi there! I'm using iPhone 5s. Whenever this happens to my phone, I usually reset the wifi router. I found out this was because of my poor internet connection so maybe you could check yours and fix it too. Hope this helps!

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.