Why is Windows Phone so underrated and ignored?

ElGuapo96

How is it going people? :)
I was just wandering how come Android and Iphone are the only 2 platforms being pushed and discussed, meanwhile Windows Phones are slowly dying.
I've had one for quite a while and, this may sound ridiculous, but i almost feel discriminated :D
We have no apps, no updates, absolutely no love for us. Why is this a case and what can we do about it, considering that the phone itself isn't that bad and has served my amazingly well for over 4 years now with no lag?

Much love to everybody,i would like to hear your opinion on this.

Chris Crocker

According to me, because Windows phones could not compete with Apple (iPhone) or Android (Samsung, Sony...etc) and it has less users thus everyone didn't know about it more and not ever experienced it.
considering that the phone itself isn't that bad and has served my amazingly well for over 4 years now with no lag?
I am curious about the model of smartphone that you are using? how does it look? Can you share any images about it?

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
I am currently using Lumia 735. I know it's a very old phone by today's standards but i bought it literally a month after it came it. Still doesn't lag, shut down, had absolutely no problems with it, besides the lack of apps.

seo_king

While I haven't used a Windows phone myself, those who have used them have only the highest of opinions. But it's unpopular like you say. This can be because of many reasons, even dumb luck.

Compared to Android and iOS:
*Their app store has nowhere near the number of apps in the android and iOS stores. This drives away a lot of users(including me)
*Their marketing campaign probably didn't do as well, considering that Android and iOS were(and are) pretty popular

The lack of users gives Microsoft less motivation to release updates and release new apps, effectively killing it over time.

Fishbate

Hi @ElGuapo96 , in my opinion windows smartphones has just been overwhelmed by the fast technological innovations by the IOS and Android duopoly specially on hardware improvements and software integration. Windows is a great and well known brand, the Lumia series is an excellent smartphone. The thing is, if you want to be the best you have to be greater than the rest. I heard that there will be a SAMSUNG S8 Microsoft edition and The Microsoft Surface Phone, i think its a great step, let's see:). Either way, if you like using a Windows smartphone, there’s no reason to change unless you have to.

Have a great day:coffee:!

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
Wow, those are some amazing news. Thanks for letting me know, this is the first time i have ever heard of that. But i am still thinking about getting myself an Android phone. The community is much bigger and the store is just another story, get it? :D Nevertheless, thanks for the replies, means a lot to actually interact with knowledgeable people :)

Mabbrel

Here's why, some of us who have used Windows Phones have encountered persistent problems with our screen sometimes going black by itself. My first Windows Phone was HTC 8X and it also had the same problem. I don't even receive updates while we Windows Phone fans had been hoping Microsoft would or could update some various platform with new features, we Windows fans can clearly see the operating system has been placed into servicing mode, with just some bug fixes and security updates. Its not convincing at all I must say: Microsoft must do something about this and get all problem solved before I make a return.

Reactions: ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
What phone are you using now? Which one would you recommend? I've made a decision that i am going to buy myself a new phone, since i'm getting a little bit frustrated with the limitations of a Windows Phone. But i am kind of stuck with my decision making. Cannot really decide which one to get. I have never used Android or iPhone so which one is more "new guy friendly"?

Sev7en

Good day sir @ElGuapo96 :). The best answer, for me personally, to your question is that Microsoft didn't continue manufacturing smartphones (Nokia) due to massive drop in sales. Plus with the every growing competition between Android vs. iOS, thus, evicted Microsoft's Symbian OS on the global arena of telecommunications.

Recently they (Microsoft) released numerous Lumia series phones; Lumia 650, 950, and 950 XL Dual Sim. This smartphones has all the capability to integrate with Windows OS experience and with good specifications too. But what makes this phone flop compared to iOS and Android was the support for Nokia Store, previously called Ovi Store. People are continuously searching for new developments and this is one of the reason why people elude Symbian OS, because of its lack of continuous support and development for new developing applications.

Another reason for Microsoft to lay low in manufacturing smartphones is the labor cost and also the significant cost on parts which are under contract or agreement with the company giants on smartphone development.

Reactions: Chris Crocker

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
Thanks for such a detailed, well written insight. Since Microsoft is negated by Android and iOS, which one of those two would you recommend? I am looking for a new phone, most important thing for me is the speed at which the phone operates, meaning that it doesn't lag. Also i need a phone that can last for a long time, care to elaborate on this topic as well since you are already well educated on this subject?

It would mean a lot, thanks :)

Reactions: Sev7en

Sev7en

Sev7en
That will depend on your usage sir @ElGuapo96 ;). There are several smartphones to choose from depending on your perspective.

Apple just released their new flagship models; iPhone X along with iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Some rumors says that Apple will release several iPhones that are an upgrade to the existing ones; iPhone 8 and 8 Plus and iPhone X (upgraded version), later this year. According to some leaks, Apple is developing a much better iPhones compared to the recent releases.

On the other hand, another mobile manufacturer giant, Samsung has just released its flagship models, Galaxy S9 and S9+. Unfortunately, there isn't a clear view on when this phones will be dispensed on the markets yet.

Aside those two there are also special mentions like; Google Pixel 2 and XL, Vivo X7 and X9, and OPPO R7 and R9.

Those phones that are mentioned sports different kind of design, specifications, and user friendliness. But above all things they are the best, for me personally, to your perspective and requirements. (y)(y)(y)

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
Yeah, both new Samsung phones, Google Pixel 2 and iPhone are an option. It's a very hard choice since they are all monstrous phones with ridiculous specifications that are also very appealing aesthetically.
I will have evaluate my options and think thoroughly. This is such a weird time where you have so many choices that it's so hard to decide :)

Shinchang_20

I used to own Huawei Ascend W1 in 2013. It lacked a lot of the features as to what most of Windows phone have today. What I hated the most about it is that it doesn't allow you to expand the memory and were as it's internal capacity was only 8GB. What amazed me the most was the browser which was fast and felt like I'm using my desktop. The battery life was very bad it easily get drained even if I'm just browsing the web. I guess what really made the Windows Phone unpopular was it's Store which has minimal applications to choose.

There are a lot of great Windows Phones today but I think it just didn't applied to everyone's need, especially the youth, which always consider the unlimited choices of applications and the up-to-date software. But at the end of the day choosing a smartphone would always depend your needs and the features that could help you in lessening your workloads.

Attachments

• huawei-ascend-w1.jpg
    huawei-ascend-w1.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 21

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
My internal memory phone was also 8GB but the system alone required like 4.8GB... especially when i HAD to upgrade it to Windows 10, that's when the problems came. You see, in my case it's completely different :D For me, battery lasted forever, not even joking. 2 whole days of listening to music with no problems. But my browser was really slow, it was painful to browse internet.
I wish they would just work harder and upgrade them so they can compete with Apple/Android, they have so much potential, they look prettier, but they have so many issues...

jaymish2

I agree with you 100%. I have a windows phone and it's the best investement I have ever made. It's like having a mobile laptop. Anything I can do on my laptop I can do on my phone. I can also link my desktop to my laptop and access it anytime that I need to. Android phones hang and IOS is too expensive. I vote for my windows phone any day.

Joey Mercado

I was just wandering how come Android and Iphone are the only 2 platforms being pushed and discussed, meanwhile Windows Phones are slowly dying.
I've had one for quite a while and, this may sound ridiculous, but i almost feel discriminated :D
We have no apps, no updates, absolutely no love for us. Why is this a case and what can we do about it, considering that the phone itself isn't that bad and has served my amazingly well for over 4 years now with no lag?

These are all based on my opinions. Actually we can tell that the Windows Phone is not totally dying but they are just a little bit slow when it comes to updates compare to Android and IOS. The other reason I think was for some people windows phone is quite a bit complicated compare to android and IOS and people nowadays would like the applications that was easy and user friendly to use. Cause Windows phone are may vary limited into some areas that is why and there are only few people using Windows phone, Another thing is they are maybe we can tell lack of advertisements I guess because people usually get those things they usually see in advertiseents and it has a great impact.

We can remember the days where Windows Phone is on the process of leading the world of smartphones but due to some advertisements and testimony made by others regarding they usage of IOS and Android people follow them too. So I think these are some of the reasons why Wndows Phone are not yet famous nor familiar to the market compare to Android and IOS .

Thank You!

carol0502

I don't have windows phone but I think one of the reason why iPhone and Android is a user friendly phone especially android I mean even our grandmother can relate with android phone.It's super easy to use and a lot cheaper like in my country you can buy local android phones with a lot cheaper price.

In my country people are not really into the quality of the phone as long as it's cheap and it's easy to use then they will buy the phone.

Windows also dying because I think they're slowly giving update or making new phones that is more friendly to the user, while android and iPhones on the other hand are continuing with making new brands and higher specification with friendly apps.

amarkayam

it's mostly due to the ease of use and the UI of the windows which might be making it underrated as compared to the android and iphones.

RoseKaizer

I have one windows phone right now, it was windows lumia phone. For me it is good to used, its like you are using computer. But the problem for me is, it is hard to used unlike android phone. Although it has a big ROm and i can download many games without using memory card and the phone works smooth and not lag.

etopia

It's also about the wireless technology where microsoft is noty at such professional, they still make the smartphone likely the PC I/O.

Dracindo

I just think that Windows prioritizes on its computers and the hard- and software revolving around it, and that the phones are just a good way to make a little extra money. I'm sure they'd offer good phones and support, but when you hear Windows, you think of computers, whereas with Samsung, you think smartphones and tablets. And for Apple you think of all technology with insanely high prices.

Bottom line is that people think buying a Windows phone would be like buying bread at a butcher.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views