Tips to Improve Your Android's Performance

Chris Crocker

Whether you have a smartphone Samsung or Xiaomi and it starts to hang or hard to open applications or there are problems in the display of the interface when switching between programs. To make your smartphone work as a new one, it is not necessary to carry it to a service center. In most cases, this problem can be solved independently . Here are a few simple ways to improve the performance of your Android smartphone.

Why smartphone slows down and how to deal with it

First of all, you need to determine what exactly causes the hang. Regardless of the operating system, most often the smartphone is slowing down because of:

- A large number of installed programs, games or other applications;
- Overcrowding memory cards - music, movies and photos;
- Applications that are in the background. Even if the programs do not work actively, they still consume energy and memory, thereby reducing the speed of the device.

In addition, the performance of the smartphone can be reduced due to the slow Internet connection speed or processor overheating.

Improve the work of your phone can be different methods depending on the installed operating system. The fastest is the performance of devices running on Android . Therefore, it's worth starting with the operating system from Google.

Delete unnecessary applications and files.

Often the cause of the hangup is the too large number of applications that are installed in the background and interfere with the operation of the device. This also applies to temporary files, sketches and other garbage. Therefore, you need to get rid of them. To do this you need:

- Go to the settings;
- Select the "Applications" section;
- Select the settings for individual programs;
- Clear the cache ("clear cache") using the appropriate button.

Clear memory

Each downloaded video or photo gradually "eats" the built-in memory . In the end, this leads to a slowdown of the smartphone and hangs. You can find out the amount of free space in the repository using the "Settings" - "Memory" menu. This section shows how much space is occupied by documents, photos and other files.

Here you can delete unnecessary information. Another option is to transfer files to the cloud service . They will always be available, and if necessary they can be returned to the smartphone.

It is equally important to delete applications that are not used and just waste valuable space. To do this, you need to go to the "Settings" menu - "Applications" and open the "All" tab. Then you need to carefully review the list and remove unnecessary programs.

mystique07

All good points which will definitely improve the overall performance of the Android mobile. You should also disable the automatic sync of each of the applications and change it to manual so that those processes do not keep running in the background. Instead you can change it to manual and when you open that particular application it will sync and get updated with the latest messages.

Files Go by Google : This is a free file manager application by Google which will help you to delete unwanted/unused applications from the mobile.

tbymrtn

Here's a tip to supplement your 'Clear Memory' advice.
Since photos and videos take up a significant amount of phone memory, it is best to automate the backup and clearing of your images. This is how I do it on my Android phone.
1. Sync all my photos to Google Photos. You may do this on your iOS device or choose to use iCloud. The main advantage of Google Photos is its unlimited capacity. You will never have to worry about reaching the limit but this comes at a price of having your images backed up as a compressed version. If you have some photos you want in maximum resolution, save them manually. But the intent is for this to be automated so the least intervention, the better.
2. Set Google Photos to clear phone of all photos. It's in the settings. Once done you'll notice huge chunks of your memory become suddenly free and clear.
3. Check on the clearing regularly. I notice that there seems to be no definite threshold/ schedule for clearing, whether amount of data or time. If it did, it would be perfect.

Reactions: Nezza31

Nezza31

Nezza31
I was once asked myself about why do I need to sync a google account to my new smartphone or is this something would be useful for me because what I had in mind is if the space for files is its main concern then I do have 64GB internal memory. And if in case it will be full then I can just buy an SD memory card. However, a year after, I have just realized that my phone consumed half of its memory and didn't think of it may be broke soon. So I believe I need to do these backing up stuff today. Thanks for the additional reminder!:giggle:

stbrians

Whether you have a smartphone Samsung or Xiaomi and it starts to hang or hard to open applications or there are problems in the display of the interface when switching between programs. To make your smartphone work as a new one, it is not necessary to carry it to a service center. In most cases, this problem can be solved independently . Here are a few simple ways to improve the performance of your Android smartphone.

Why smartphone slows down and how to deal with it

First of all, you need to determine what exactly causes the hang. Regardless of the operating system, most often the smartphone is slowing down because of:

- A large number of installed programs, games or other applications;
- Overcrowding memory cards - music, movies and photos;
- Applications that are in the background. Even if the programs do not work actively, they still consume energy and memory, thereby reducing the speed of the device.

In addition, the performance of the smartphone can be reduced due to the slow Internet connection speed or processor overheating.

Improve the work of your phone can be different methods depending on the installed operating system. The fastest is the performance of devices running on Android . Therefore, it's worth starting with the operating system from Google.

Delete unnecessary applications and files.

Often the cause of the hangup is the too large number of applications that are installed in the background and interfere with the operation of the device. This also applies to temporary files, sketches and other garbage. Therefore, you need to get rid of them. To do this you need:

- Go to the settings;
- Select the "Applications" section;
- Select the settings for individual programs;
- Clear the cache ("clear cache") using the appropriate button.

Clear memory

Each downloaded video or photo gradually "eats" the built-in memory . In the end, this leads to a slowdown of the smartphone and hangs. You can find out the amount of free space in the repository using the "Settings" - "Memory" menu. This section shows how much space is occupied by documents, photos and other files.

Here you can delete unnecessary information. Another option is to transfer files to the cloud service . They will always be available, and if necessary they can be returned to the smartphone.

It is equally important to delete applications that are not used and just waste valuable space. To do this, you need to go to the "Settings" menu - "Applications" and open the "All" tab. Then you need to carefully review the list and remove unnecessary programs.

A phone can really slow down due to overcrowding of apps, videos and games. Actually one time I took mine to a repairer who asked for a large sum of money to do just what you recommend. Now I will be doing it myself.

RoseKaizer

To improve your smartphones performance, first don't install very large files, disable apps that you don't use, decrease the animation scale of your phone in settings.

tommy54

Good tips to speed up the phone. Though for an application holic like me, may find it difficult to uninstall any app. They all serve some helpful purpose. In that case the best solution is to purchase a phone worth more than 2GB of RAM, fast processor ( about 2GHz ) and relatively large Virtual Memory.

Dracindo

Clearing cache and deleting big apps are the basic things to improve performance, as well as not downloading big and unnecessary apps in the first place.
Is there anything else I can do to improve my smartphone's performance? Are there any small apps that can help with this?

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views