Music Production Laptop

kurtricatura

I'm in to music production. I like making songs and recording audio through my condenser microphone. I mainly use FL Studio as my digital audio workstation since I don't own a Macbook. Recently my laptop hasn't been able to function very well specially when it comes to rendering and loading samples and plugins. I only have an ASUS laptop with the following specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU B815 @1.60 GHz
Ram: 2 gb

So it's really not that good of a laptop for music production even as a hobby. I was wondering if I should buy a new laptop which can handle hardcore stuff like the ASUS ROGs for example. What do you think? Do you have any suggestions for great laptops or should I try to build my own? I'd like to hear your thoughts on this. Thank you.

Fishbate

If your using your laptop as a multi-track recording studio, you may need to upgrade your laptop. Multi track recording doesn't only uses you audio hardware. While your recording the memory to render your audio files take out significant amount of data on your RAM that is why loading and recording will take a while or may run some errors.

I suggest you should get a new laptop in order to make your production smoothly. Just consider the audio hardware and RAM as a reference in buying one.

I hope this helps:coffee:!

Dracindo

I don't know if there are any laptops that are created with a specific eye for music creation. I think you just need a laptop that's fast and powerful enough, but in those terms, I could easily recommend you a gaming laptop, which might be way too powerful for your needs.

Did you have a budget in mind for this laptop?
I would recommend a laptop with at least 4GB RAM. I don't know how big Fruity Loops Studio is, but you probably want to be able to have one or two other screens open at the same time (like Skype).

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

New Threads

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.