Is the lack of headphones jack a deal breaker for you?

Is the lack of headphones jack a deal breaker to you?

• Yes

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

EfficientNinja

Hello everyone!

I would like to know if the lack of headphones jack is a deal breaker for you. We all know that most new phones that are released have a high chance of not including headphone jacks. This could be caused by the bold move that Apple that made in the past. So if you found out that you like the phone specs and the software of a new phone and you found out that there would be no headphones jack, what would be your reaction? Would you still buy a phone without a headphones jack?

I'd like to know your opinions. :)

TheGodfather

Of course it is.
Without that jack I can not charge my phone and listen to music.
They made only jack so you have to choose between those two options.
Very bad.

DenisMNE

Not having jack for headphones will be a huge thing to consider before buying a phone like that.
Not being able to charge my phone while I listen to my favorite music would suck.
That basically forces you to choose what you want to do.
New iPhones do not have that and it kinda makes me wanna stay with my 6s.

Foneposter

It's not a dealbreaker for me. If I would buy a smartphone without a 3.5mm jack, I would ensure that it has a USB-C port and has wireless charging capability. The USB-C port would be used to connect a USB-C earphone. Wireless charging would allow me to listen to music and charge at the same time.

phonedude1337

It would be a deal breaker for me not to have a jack. I've got to have my music. I also listen to audio files or books while going about my day too. I think it just doesn't make any sense not to include them. I've never bought a phone that didn't have a jack for headphones.

Aeolos

I like using bluetooth headphones now because I can get rid of the wires which can hinder your movements specially when I'm jogging. The mobility I also get from using bluetooth headphones when I answer call even I am away from my phone. From experience, I can say bluetooth headphones last longer compare to traditional one because there is no audio jack where the usual plug in will wear it off.

tbymrtn

Since I've switched to wireless headphones I haven't had use for the headphone jack that my phone does have. I enjoy the freedom of not having wires so for listening I do not miss the jack. I do have a need for the headphone jack, however, for when I want to use my Rode Video Micro when shooting with my phone camera. For that reason, it's handy to have one. Back to the question, is not having one a dealbreaker? If the phone does everything else well, the answer is NO.

famewow

It really depends on your needs. If you are comfortable with wireless earphones and they are not too expensive for you I'd say it isn't a big deal. But note that in some situations it can suck. I had a situation with my friend a few weeks ago when my phone went dead and we wanted to play some music over AUX cable but of course her iPhone couldn't do it. I guess those situations are pretty rare but that was enough to be a dealbreaker for me. Honestly i don't think the benefits are high enough to just take out a jack that important.

hstinscdln

Yes. Wired earphones are easy to replace and you could even borrow one from a friend if yours suddenly breaks. Wireless earphones are more costly than wired earphones so a phone without a headphone jack is a deal breaker for me.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

New Threads

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.