How to Connect Android Phone to PC through WiFi

Nemanja

You can connect your Android device (version 1.6 and up) to your Windows 7 computer through wireless local area network (WiFi) without having to rely on a USB cable.

Step 1: Check that your computer and Android device are connected to the same SSID (family or corporate Wi-Fi network name). From your Android device, find the “Google Play” icon and launch the application. Then type in the name of the "Software Data Cable" application in the search box on the Android Market. From the list of display applications, download and install this Software Data Cable application to your smartphone.

How to Connect Android Phone to PC through WiFi 1.png

Software Data Cable search interface on Market Android.

Step 2: Launch Software Data Cable application, when the application interface appears, just select the Start Service to FTP address show up on this application. At this point you need to pay attention and remember this FTP address to import into Windows 7.

How to Connect Android Phone to PC through WiFi 3.png

Interface of Software Data Cable application and FTP address on Android 3.2 device.

Step 3: From the Windows 7 interface, select Start and enter the FTP address and then Enter. At this point a window will appear similar to Windows Explorer containing all the content on your Android device. Now you can copy, delete and sync all the data on your Android device over a Wi-Fi network without having to rely on a USB cable.

How to Connect Android Phone to PC through WiFi 4.png

The screen of the Android device's file manager window appears on the computer.

Last edited:

Foneposter

When I bought my Oppo A71 phone it already has the FTP Service feature so I no longer
need to download an app. This feature is so convenient when I want to download files
from my phone to PC. Another alternative to transfer wirelessly is via BlueTooth. The
issue with this tough is that your computer must have a BlueTooth adapter installed.

Fishbate

If you are a Samsung user, you can use Samsung Kies to synchronize your smartphone with your PC or Laptop. Samsung Kies is a OEM software that is specially made for samsung users. This software has a variety of features that can make a PC to Smartphone communication easier and efficient. There are also communication options like wireless and cable connection depending on the Smartphone and Software version.

1520915288016.png

One particular wireless connection is Kies Air. This version allows communication thru a network. All that it requires is to have the devices on the same Wi-Fi network. This also comes with a multi device connection and file transfer.

1520915833068.png

There are other software available for communication and File management. You can check other versions and applications here:

http://www.samsung.com/in/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/

Have a great day:coffee:!

Dracindo

Nice app, but I'm relatively certain that you can connect your smartphone to your computer through WiFi without the need of an external app. And if not, then first of all when did this downgrade happen, and second I would just connect both devices via USB charger cable. It works, it charges, and no need to fill up my memory space with needless apps.

I'm just saying this of course because I can't think of a situation where I need to connect via WiFi, because USB cable isn't an option.

Reactions: Nemanja

Nemanja

Nemanja
and second I would just connect both devices via USB charger cable. It works, it charges, and no need to fill up my memory space with needless apps.
Obviously, using USB cable to connect Android to PC is a default way for all users and I often use this way but using wifi to connect Android to PC is also a good option in the case you could not connect your device normally by using USB cable.

Dracindo

Dracindo
Like for when you don't have a cable with you or can't find one? I suppose so, but if you have a laptop or tablet with you, I would usually have one cable with me. Although not everybody has a portable charger, and I just assume everyone else has as much as me.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.