How often do you restart your Android or iOS device?

How often do you restart your Android or iOS device?

• Yearly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never

• After Software/System Updates only

• Total voters

EfficientNinja

It's been a common practice to restart our desktop computers or laptops daily when we are done using it, whenever it feels slow, we have to apply changes, or when something is wrong.

How about your smartphones? Do you have a regular schedule of restarting it? Daily? Weekly? Monthly? Or not at all?

Fishbate

I don't have a restarting schedule for my smartphone, but i do restart my smartphone randomly. Restarting is a basic way to clear or refresh your memory. Smartphones usually uses a significant amount of memory and a large portion of it is storing cache.

If you have a cleaning software, restarting is rarely use because of the clean up feature. Although both of them (restarting and cleanup through software) will not significantly improve your ram capability, it is still a great way to improve your device real time state in terms of speed.

EfficientNinja

EfficientNinja
Good point! I myself only restart my phone when I am experiencing technical issues or when I am applying a software update and it asks for a restart. I even go as long as not restarting for 2-3 whole months. I'm just curious as to how often other people reboot their phones. :)

Last edited:

DenisMNE

DenisMNE
Same as you, probably.I try to keep it on as much as I can.
It is probably recommended to do it once a day, since phones need a ''break'', too, but I personally do not do it and maybe I am making a mistake.

Joey Mercado

Joey Mercado
Well said, like me also I do not have a restarting schedule for my phone and like EfficientNinja I seldom and we can say occasionally restarting my phone depends upon the requirement of it and depends upon if I have install new software or experiencing technical issues as well. Me too, how funny it was I was here just to know if there are people or member of this forum has the habit of restarting their phone frequently. Thank you

Jomjom

Well, in my case I don't usually restart my smartphone from time to time. But if you have any suggestions about having a regular restarting schedule, and why it is recommended, then I think I have to restart it regularly. This forum really helps a lot. Do you recommend to have a restarting schedule?

mitan143

I am using an android device and I restart it daily, and sometimes it was being forced to get restarted when my device was power-drained already. I'm already using my device for more 3 years now with a daily habit of restarting every time I needed to, and I am very thankful that it did not happen to stuck on rebooting just like the other brands do.

maklein

I really don't have a schedule on when do I restart my smartphone. I guess when my battery died that's the time that I restart my phone. I was thinking do we really have to do it?

DenisMNE

I do not restart it it more than once a week.I own Iphone 6s.I do not know is that bad or not, since I am trying to keep my phone on as much as I can without letting it die.
I usually am forced to restart it when I am having a problem with it since my touchscreen has been damaged recently.
Anyone to recommend how many times you should restart your phone per week ?

kd06

I own an android and I kinda restart it daily especially if the internet connection is so slow or if it's failing to connect. You see by doing so it refreshens it's memory capacity and junks unwanted caches as well. Though in an article I've read it says that you should restart your phone once a week https://www.rd.com/culture/restarting-your-phone/ , it's like giving it air to breath as well as letting like letting your brain rest.

EfficientNinja

Woah, Reader's Digest has an article about restarting your phone every week? You got a nice find there. Let me check it first. :)

maedorothy

I didn't usually restart my phone daily or weekly. I think my phone is working well since I don't used to any online gaming such as mobile legends or lol whatever. But I think I shouldn't have to worry about restarting it regularly as long as it's still meeting my expectation speed. Unless I need to refresh it, right? Well what I worry most right now is that my phone started to drain fast and its kind of sad face to me. Wooooh

EfficientNinja

EfficientNinja
That's right! You shouldn't have to worry about restarting on a regular basis that much. You should, however, check if there are apps that are consuming too much battery life on your phone. There might be some battery hogs that you have installed or there are too many apps that are running in the background. :)

DenisMNE

DenisMNE
If you are an iOS user, try download Battery Health.It is useful app that helps keep track of my battery settings and which apps drain too much energy.
If you are, however, Android user, you could download AccuBattery.
As @EfficientNinja said, make sure to check for apps that drain your battery life so you minimize the amount of restarts your phone should have.

Giancarlo

I usually restart my LG V20 once a week and it is always after i delete all the unecessary cash memory. Whenever i delete cash memory and free up a bit of space on my phone it tends to just freeze, like i cannot do absolutely anything and the only thing left to do is to restart it. Apart from that reasons i dont really restart my phone that often.

Foneposter

For me, I only restart my phone when it's needed such as when:

1) The phone hangs.
2) Being prompted by the app to restart.
3) To refresh memory when the memory Boost tool is not enough.

From reading the posts above, I might give restarting the phone on a weekly basis a try
to prolong the life of the battery.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies