MacBook Password Recovery Guide

EfficientNinja

MacBook users sometimes forget their login credentials if they haven't used their computer for a long time. If you are one of those who cannot log in because of a forgotten password, you will need to reset the password.

1523083433377.png

To reset your password follow these steps:

Step 1: Restart.

Step 2: Touch and hold Command - R. simultaneously.

( This step is very important when the Restart is complete, the machine will restart, at the startup of the machine, press them ).

Step 3: Utilities> Terminal.

Step 4: Enter "resetpassword"> Enter> Delete command.

Step 5: Connect wifi> Next.

Step 6: Select the login account> Enter the iCloud password (if any)> Next.

Step 7: Confirm Apple Information (if using Apple's 2 layer protection)> Continue.

Step 8: Enter Apple Code> Continue.

Step 9: Change your password.

- New Password: Enter the new password.

- Verify Password: Confirm password.

- Password Hint: Something that lets you remember your password.

Good luck. :)

DenisMNE

Nice, simple and easy.
Having a decent knowledge in stuff like this is always helpful.I do not see why is it so hard for people to try to master their PCs/Laptops when everything is so reachable.
Even though I am still someone who uses laptops and PCs not professionally, simple explanations like this are always handy.
Thanks for sharing it with us.

EfficientNinja

EfficientNinja
It's hard to get used to a new operating system if have been using a different one for a very long time. You know how that you can change a setting on your computer but in this new operating system, it is placed somewhere else. This happens a lot especially when you're dealing with a Linux system. That's why I always do a quick google search to help me navigate a new OS.

Reactions: DenisMNE

DenisMNE

DenisMNE
Using research, in stuff unrelated to this, too, is always useful and should be encouraged to do before having a change when it comes down to your device.
I never had to deal with Linux and is ,usually, not that common in my country, where are mostly on Windows.
Today you have bunch of tutorials for, basically, everything that is out there and is new, so it shouldn't be hard to learn it in a short time.
Some people are lazy more than they were, before :)

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views