Genuine/Original vs Fake/Reconditioned

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoloyCabiling

As we all know, Samsung is one of the leading smartphones that dominated the world market side by side with the iPhones. Definitely, fake versions of the devices will proliferate alongside with the genuine or original ones. Aside from the obvious disparity on the prices, how can I be sure that I had bought the genuine version?

Kakashi2020

There's no sense in buying cheap fake phones. With the proliferation of imitation phones coming from China and Vietnam, people are being duped in buying fakes posing as reconditioned or a good second hand unit.

Here are some pointers on how to determine what's fake and what's real

If it has no Box, Manual, Earphones, Charger then it's a fake

If it says 16 MP camera and when you take a photo it seems like it was taken by a 5 MP cam then it's a fake.

Google the specifications and if it doesn't match then it's a fake.

One of the best ways is to test it's internal memory, if it says 16 GB internal try downloading 3 huge apps if it eats up a large portion of it, then it's fake.

Usually people buy these fake phones for its aesthetic value, well it looks good, sadly it works bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

kathacompany

First make sure that you would buy it in an Official Samsung Store or an Authorized outlet. You shouldn't just buy it in those little stalls in the malls or anything else because theres a high probability that those are fake, if online for example lazada, amazon or shopee, click the button and filter the results from the 'Official Shop', secondly, ask the seller, those who sell fake ones would tell you that they're selling 'Class A' 'thai made' etc honestly but still would describe them as if they're real, and lastly before you purchase the phone make sure to give it a try, fake ones ought to have a low quality cam, check that first since its the easiest. Try taking a picture and check if the quality is good both front and rear camera. Then check the internal storage make sure you know the specs of the model you're planning to buy then compare if it is true, but even though it is the same dont be too confident cause that might just be for the display, try downloading a lot of apps and see if it'll lag or run out of storage easily. Happy shopping!

shanndelbert

Typically, fake or cloned smart phone comes with a cheaper price compared to its original counterpart. It is due to the kind materials and craftsmanship invested on these devices that make it cheaper. It would be better to compare the price from the official websites or stores of the authentic device compare to what is offered online or on local stores.

Other than that, we can also look for the physical feature of the device to determine its authenticity, we can apply the following inspection to determine fake ones from the original:

1. Device lighting, most if not all, cloned smartphones has a dim or dull light compared to the original.

2. The shape or size of the phone components such as screen and button are not identical to the original.

3. Some features of the phone, are not functioning.

4. The battery quality is substandard compared to what is expected from the original, it may have a different output rating.

5. Most importantly it does not have a quality seal from authorize government agency.

marblank1313

Buy phones from legitimate dealers. It is the best way to ensure that you are not buying fake items. There's more benefits in buying genuine phones from genuine dealers than gambling to buy it cheaper from others that don't assure you of the quality. Official dealers will give a long time warranty for your item, in that way, you will be confident enough that the phone you bought is in good quality because the seller also has the confidence to give you warranties.

chris110193

You better go to the legitimate shop. So you can sure that the gadget that you will buy is legit.

Universe2829

Hey there,
I just found it recently when I'm trying to check if my Samsung smart phones is geniune too, so I found this video in youtube which tells me everything,. First you have to buy your Samsung Smartphones in a legit stores only, specifically those that are accredited by Samsung. Then you can try performing this one,

1. First dial *#2663#
20180202_172109.png

Just after you press the # sign,
It will directed you into this kind of set-up, showing the firmware version of your phone, mine is Samsung A7 2017 series
20180202_172207.png

Fake or counterfeited Samsung phones cannot give you this firmware when you dialed the said code.

You can also try this while scanning through different smartphones on their stores. ?

mharzenas

I advise that you should buy only in trusted stores that are partnered with Samsung. But I think it much safer if you buy directly to Samsung stores. But if you cant avoid to buy one at third party shops. Always look at the manufacture details because it indicated there where is your item where made from

kaisantos2229

As we all know, Samsung is one of the leading smartphones that dominated the world market side by side with the iPhones. Definitely, fake versions of the devices will proliferate alongside with the genuine or original ones. Aside from the obvious disparity on the prices, how can I be sure that I had bought the genuine version?

For me, the best advise I can give to you is to buy the phone on it's official stores or on it's official dealers. And don't be tempted from those people who claim to be selling authentic phones with cheaper price. You just have to be more vigilant.

arcsmart18

I agree with
When it comes to buying smartphones I would definitely agree with kakashi2020 said. I'm very meticulous about what I buy and I really prefer brand new thing. The reason that I don't like buying second hand or "imitations" is that I don't enjoy a second-hand product. It is the same thing with other things I want to buy. An example is the proliferation of "ukay-ukay" or second-hand clothes sold at a very cheap price here in our place. In the same way, phones here are being sold at a lower or cheaper price; and, at any time you can even change the accessories on your phone. Well, I think smartphone for me is highly personal. It might be expensive but it's worth the value as I value my self very high. "Brand new" smartphone is the best buy from a trusted company.

aj tapit

In my country, fake phones are everywhere. Sometimes they make it really authentic for the buyer to believe it is the original they are purchasing. It will give you a hard time in trying to identify which one is the original because the fake one is just so identical with the real one.

Here are some tips and recommendations that I learned to avoid being a victim of fake cellphones or gadgets:

- Buy from an authorized store. Authorized stores ensure you that you receive the quality service you deserve. Sometimes unauthorized dealers offer their products for sale just to attract unsuspecting buyers.

- The phone should be sealed properly or at least sealed in a box, if it is not or the seal is broken then DO NOT BUY IT.

- Check its resolution quality.Fake phones are cheaper because they cut their budgets by experimenting with its quality. Maybe it can clone the physical features of the original ones but not its quality.

- Check its weight.You should know the official specifications of the phone you are buying. Fake phones tend to weigh lighter than the authentic ones.

- Search online for a picture of the original phone and compare it to the other one. For example, (for samsung s6 users) the original has the Galaxy S6 at the bottom of its back, if you find an s6 and it is not like this, it is probably fake.

Here is a picture from a video comparing a fake one from an original one.

maxresdefault.jpg

Always keep the receipt, it'll help you remember where you bought the product and also a proof of purchase in case you need a warranty. Hope this helps. :)

Last edited:

Adampapple

First of all you should purchase Samsung phones at Samsung Store or in the popular branch and at the Mall and make sure you have tested it and have a warranty and replacement before you buy it and clearly find out their main office for in case of damage to it, and stay away from stores that are unknown or without proper brand.

TinaSurre

There are many ways to tell the difference, but some of the very easy ones are by looking at the jacks and the fonts used, that are not "iPhone original" but the ones you can find anywhere.
Here you have some pictures to help you out, hopefully it helps!
Also just buying it through the real Apple shop can be the easiest way to be sure.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    10.6 KB · Views: 11
  • lEOC51492181742.jpg
    lEOC51492181742.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 13
Status
Not open for further replies.
Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.