Desired specifications in new Android phones?

Martinsx

When making a decision on buying any smartphone, there are things one look out for before saying I'm buying this particular product or that one. Personally, there are few things that I can't do without when it comes to the phone I want to buy and use. They are the RAM size, battery capacity and Internal memory.

The RAM size would be a minimum of 3 gigabytes, the battery capacity to be at the minimum of 5000 mah and a minimum of 16 gigabytes internal memory. What do you look out for before buying a phone?

axivwater14

The RAM is most important. The next thing I'm checking would be its capability to have an expandable memory, android OS/version,and its processor. I love gaming, there are times due to my phone's shortcomings (processor's old school -LOL), I can't play the game I want. There are other times the required android version is higher than my current one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Martinsx

Martinsx
I completely agree with you on the importance of RAM in phones, I mean higher RAM capacity because it's very annoying when you want to handle an online task so fast but as a result of the low RAM size, the phone keeps slowing, hanging and even powering off suddenly. This pisses me off like hell.

Kakashi2020

Your right, for large app downloads and for the best split screen experience you've got to have a lot of RAM and internal memory. A minimum of 3GB Ram is ok for a quad core phone but a 4GB RAM is better for an Octacore Processor.

The thing is why does iPhone has a minimum of 64GB to 128GB RAM and all other phones have such a low RAM? iPhone is the only one doing it right.

I'm hoping that in the coming months some manufacturer would have the brains to compete with iPhone when it comes to RAM.

Martinsx

Martinsx
Totally agreeable on minimum of 3 GB RAM, at least that size would have a long way in helping the phone to process command faster. But if it's up to me to develop the phone devices, I see no reason why the products won't be coming with more than 5 GB of RAM size. If such phones are at this level, I definitely believe no user would have anything to complain about.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views