Best waterproof phone?

IrinaR

What is the best phone that can take pictures underwater? Xperia Z3 from Sony and HTC Desire are two phones that own a good camera resolution and waterproof design. Do you know another phones like that?

Attachments

• water.jpg
    water.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 16

BillEssley

I know 2 waterproof smartphones are Samsung Galaxy S8 and iPhone 7
but as the test video below then S8 worked and gave better results.

IrinaR

IrinaR
Iphone producs are kind of lost on that one. I don't think they are actually made to take pictures underwater but if you drop some water on your phone it will not be affected. Anyway they made a waterproof case which allows you to swim and take pictures so it's ok even like that. Here is what i'm talking about..

Fishbate

Hi @IrinaR , other brands like Samsung8, Iphone8, Google Pixel2, and LG G6 are also waterproof smartphones with great camera resolution that are available on today's market. Actually Xperia Z3 from Sony and HTC Desire are with the same specifications with the brands i had previously said. Basically most of them are IP68 certified with a 1.5 meters minimum under water tolerance. Also i think most of them can only hold under water for about 30 minutes in 1.5 meters deep.

But if your talking about real under water photography using smartphones, there are some equipment or gears one should buy. I found these housing for smartphone specially made for underwater photography.

https://www.bluewaterphotostore.com/kraken-smart-phone-housing

I found an article about underwater photography and the pictures where excellent, of course they are professionals:D. Guess what? ...they use Iphone 6s+ as their primary camera.

http://www.uwphotographyguide.com/shooting-a-smart-phone-underwater

Have a great day:coffee:!

MihaitaFk

Let's say you do not have money for another phone that can withstand water, but you can use this type of casing that protects your phone from water, it does not cost a lot, about 20-30 depends, but we think the pictures will go out very much clear.

71obRU+nPsL._SX425_.jpg

I also had one of them and I still bought from a gas station in Italy when I was on my way to the pool with my father. I think I stayed with her halfway through the water and I did not get a drop. Now it's up to you, that's what I would strongly recommend.

ElGuapo96

I wouldn't recommend you to test an iPhone for it's "waterproof" feature. God knows what can go wrong :D
The safest bets are Samsung Galaxy S8 and Google Pixel 2/ XL .
You absolutely cannot go wrong with them as they are completely tested. Also, i have a friend who has Samsung Galaxy S8 and the madman actually washes his hands with his phone in the sink :D
He has had it for a while and it hasn't showed any sign of slowing down, not even one bit.
So if you have the money, definitely go with Samsung Galaxy S8, hopefully i was helpful :)

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Mik
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies