How long do you use a phone before having it changed?

aubeybey

I really do not have a schedule of changing my smartphone. Though as far as I remember, I haven't experienced having a cellphone for almost 2 years. This is because, sometimes it gets broken easily and/or it is lost or taken from me by a thief. Buying a new smartphone is costly especially if you are looking for the latest phones. That is why, I do not change my phone easily, except if I have extra money to buy one. I feel that as long as it is being useful to me and it meets my expectations, I won't change my phone yet.

Joey Mercado

When it comes to having my phone changed, I have set a time table schedule for how long I will use any android device that I purchased. It's been drawn out by me to be a 3 year interval use of a particular phone product before I'm going to be looking at the prospect of having it changed.

My current android phone device is turning 3 years in my care by November this year and I'm definitely going to procure a new one before December runs out or if I'm successful doing it by December, then it's definitely going to be by January.

How long do you make use of a device before having it changed?

Actually I don't have a specific time table when will I change my phone . Because for me as long as my phone is okay to use, no dents, still smooth and performing well , there is no reason for me to change it. And if the time comes for me to decide to change my phone I rather choose the phone not on it's price but its quality its performance and abilities. Maybe the price now is high of that phone but when we look on a greater and bigger view we could save more :) hope it helps :)

Martinsx

Martinsx
The reason why I stick with using a particular product between 2 to 3 years is that within that period of time, the phone device performance would have worn out. Most gadgets experience wear and tear from extensive usage, so therefore, around 3 years of active usage, the device needs to be changed.

ruxxy18

When it comes to having my phone changed, I have set a time table schedule for how long I will use any android device that I purchased. It's been drawn out by me to be a 3 year interval use of a particular phone product before I'm going to be looking at the prospect of having it changed.

My current android phone device is turning 3 years in my care by November this year and I'm definitely going to procure a new one before December runs out or if I'm successful doing it by December, then it's definitely going to be by January.

Well basically I don't really have enough money to buy phone, as of now I only depend on the money that my parents earned. So, when it comes to my things and stuff I really take good care of it. When it comes to my phone, I extremely take good care of it not to use it brutally to make it lasts as long as it still works fine. As of now the phone that I currently use is Samsung J5 and I have been using it since 2015, it's been 3 years since I bought that phone yet it still works fine and helpful though.

Martinsx

Martinsx
That's nice getting to know how how to use your phone with caution since you are well aware that once you misuse the device, it's definitely going to be very hard for you to purchase another. I was actually once like you before when I was still just a student. I had to practically depend on my parents for almost everything, so I had to use my first phone for over 5 years before getting another one.

Gina412

As long as my phone is still working good, I don't really change it. The most important for me is I have a good functional phone that I can use daily. I don't buy readily just because it is the latest in the market. Also, I don't have any time frame in mind as to when I would buy a new phone. I have been using my phone right now for almost four years now. I don't think I would be buying a new one anytime soon. If I do buy one, I would buy the best quality and durable brand in the market.

myka_empaces

For me It really depends on money if I have money I can buy new phones but if I don't have money my phone will stay to me whenever if it takes 2 years. My phone currently with me for this 2 years now and its really laggy and I really want a new phone but sad to say I don't have that money to buy.

MomoStarr16

I don't have particular years or time whenever I change my device. It depends on if it is still working and giving me the work i needed for it.

chindyhime

Mobile phones are really convenient for every one of us. Well, especially for me who's not only using my phone for communication but also for entertainment and work.

As of now, the phone that I've been using is my 7th phone since the first one. The first one was 3310. Well, now I am using Vivo Y53. It's not really that expensive but it all worth it. I can play games such as MOBA and Dragon Nest. I can watch and download videos. I can even use it for my work. Yea, I am quite techy but still, I am practical.

That is the reason why I won't change phone unless it is inconvenient for me already. For example, if I can't use it already for my entertainment or communication then I would already change it. But if it's still usable and able to do what I want, then it'll stay by my side as long as it can. ;););)

wilyhamarens

my first phone only last a year and a half because I accidentally drop it in the bowl. That was really frustrating and I was hoping it'll last for 3 to 4 years which I think the estimated life of a smartphone. I had the Samsung E5 and after a month, I purchased Sony Ultra XA and have been using it for almost 2 years. It still works perfect and I'm expecting to use it for couple of years. I'm planning to switch to Nokia if this stops working.

Huggypillows

Well I'm letting my phone to decide how long he will stay with me. As long that it working I'm not replacing it sometimes my phone takes 5 years before I changed it to new brand.

honeybabe

In my case I not that kind of person always buy new phone when their is a new phone in the market. As long my phone still running smoothly and without issue and don't hang I still want to use it no matter how many years it will take but this fast smarthpone company always upgrade thier phones so I think 3 years will be good enough to change phone.

Cinda

I change my phones on a one to two-year intervals and the reasons for this mostly varies. The biggest contributor is boredom. I get bored using the same phone for long especially when there are new pocket-friendly phones coming out all the time. The longest I have had a phone is two years and that is because it was a gift.
Whenever I get a new phone, I usually give it out as a hand-me-down to siblings or relatives.

Racky18

How long do i make use of device before having to change it,it varies depending on how you use your phone that even you really takes care of it. Sometimes it will only last for a year. so no choice you have to buy a new one for a replacement.Then if you are not careful of opening your bluetooth in your device in a mall or a crowded places.You are at risk that your phone will be infiltrated with a virus strong enough to destroy your phone these are few reasons including overcharging of your phone that also shorten its life span.

deeyong88

For me, it depends on how long it lasts. I had a phone that lasted with me for 5 years. It was a nokia phone which was very durable and convenient to use since it was an old model (uses keypad). I would have been using it 'till now but I was robbed and had to change phone. I tried and bought a smartphone but the problem was it was a low quality so it only lasted 10 months and I switched back to keypad phone for more than a year until I was able to buy my phone now which is 4 months already. I'm pretty content with this phone so I guess I'm not going to change phone for a very long time.
But for some people, changing phones regularly is a necessity especially if they want to keep updated with the latest trends in technology. That is not the case with me as changing phones may take years depending on the condition and durability.

RhealaineS

I honestly don'e think about how long I will use my device. As long as it's working, I will continue using it. I will think about having my phone changed when my phone starts showing symptoms like battery failure, etc.

Dracindo

Usually I let it deplete to 20% or less, although sometimes I have it plugged at any amount of charge because I need my phone to be open. Latest example: I streamed and played a game from behind my television screen, instead of my computer screen, making it impossible to read chat from my computer screen without having to get up and get closer every time someone says something.
So, I just plug in my phone, open chat there, and all I have to do then, is squint my eyes a bit, lean forward for a second, or put the phone on my lap if I want to read chat, allowing me to read chat while still doing whatever it is I'm playing at that moment.

With 4 hour streams, this might be bad for my phone, though, so I try not to stream this way too much!

Dracindo

Dracindo
Derp, I just read this thread again and noticed I misread everything. I thought it was about "how long do you use a phone before having it charged", instead of changed.
I don't always suffer from Dyslexia :geek:

Knowing this, I usually try to go with the same phone for 2 years, but since I already buy "outdated" smartphones, that are really cheap, I can justify buying a new one each year, but 1 year is the absolute minimum. 2 years is the maximum just to keep up with technology (and all the awesome games that come with it).

Nethmanila

For me, I usually change my phone after 5 years because at that time, the phone starts to have an errors. The screen of the phone started to hang and because of longer hours of charging the phone can have a defect and the battery need to change.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Mik
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.