How to unlock your Android phone from PUK lock

Jamella18

When you encounter PUK lock on your phone it means that your sim card is lock. It happened usually when you entered multiple wrong password on the phone, or you insert your sim card on a new phone and that phone was just recently unlock from the previous network or that phone still lock from certain carrier.

Here how to troubleshoot that trouble:
  • When the phone ask you for PUK code just enter the PUK code that could be found on the simcard case at the back or you can ask that to your network carrier. Note: Once you successfully enter your PUK code it will ask you for new code just enter any number it can be 1234 and then just confirm it.
  • When you it show “Emergency Calls Only” just go to your dial pad and enter this code **05*(PUK Code)*(New code)*(New code)#
  • Note: The PUK code is written at the back of your sim card case, or you can ask that to your network carrier.
  • So the formula could be like this: **05*87654321*1234*1234#
When you successfully unlock your phone, you can change the settings so it won’t happen again.

Here how to do it:
  • Go to Settings
  • Look for “Security” and press it
  • Look for “Set Sim Lock” or “Sim card Lock” or “Sim Lock”
  • Then just remove the check mark to disable it.
  • It will ask you to enter your new pin, so if you use 1234, just enter it.
That’s it! Hope this help.

ElGuapo96

Thank you so much, buddy, you are doing a massive favor :)
My brother's phone accidentally got locked up, somehow he mistyped his password a bit too many times. We were just trying to google it out and find out a way to fix this problem.
So you basically saved us a lot of time. Great post, very well written, very easily understood an from my and my brother's experience, extremely helpful.

Once again, thanks so much, hopefully this will help out more people like me :)

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views