I have an iPhone 7s plus, I want to backup my iPhone data using iCloud, how can I do that? to be honest, I would like to do this because I am going to replace it with iPhone 7s plus or iPhone X which is more modern and better these days.
@Rodney Olson, Backups always play an important role in keeping your files, documents, photos, notes safe whether you own a computer, laptop, iPhone or any smartphone. But now at here you will be shown up theway to backup iPhone data with iCloud.
iCloud on iPhone is an integrated feature of Apple, where you can keep your files, documents, contacts and photos up to date automatically for easy management and security. Enabling iCloud is a great way to keep data secure on your iPhone. You won’t to worry about getting lost or even accidentally damaged iPhone because you can completely restore data on it later.
How to backup data on iCloud
Here goes the step-by-step instructions.
Before starting, you need to enable iCloud and enable iCloud backup on your iPhone by going to Settings> Name> iCloud> Sign in with your Apple ID and password.
iCloud backup triggers are as follows:
- Go to Settings.
Access iCloud through “Apple ID account management” on iPhone.
- Touch your name at the top in Settings> touch iCloud.
- Scroll down and tap iCloud Backup.
- Now turn on the switch next to iCloud Backup. Your iOS device will start backing up every night.
- Make sure your device is plugged in, locked, and connected to Wi-Fi. If you want to back up manually, touch the blue Back Up Now.
- Click Back Up Now. ICloud backup process will start. It may take a while depending on the network connection and the amount of data you are backing up.
The process of backing up data on iCloud.
- Wait for and keep connected to Wifi until the backup process is complete. So you have successfully backed up your data on iCloud.
If you’ve formatted or reset your iPhone, you can easily restore your iCloud’s backup over Wifi from your iPhone or iTunes.
How to restore iCloud Backup on iPhone
When setting up the new iPhone in the activation screen you will have the option to restore data, including from iCloud Backup and From iTunes or Set up as New iPhone.
In this case you have to select a Restore from iCloud Backup option. And then You will have successfully restored data from your iCloud backup.
Don't forget to connect your iphone to a wi-fi otherwise it will not work. If you try to make a back up to your phone or update a new version of IOS, you will not be able to do it with mobile data so pay attention to that.