Best password manager?

HelenR

Do you use a password manager to manage your passwords on smartphones as Samsung, iPhone, Sony...etc. If yes then what is the best app for managing passwords. If no, why you don't use password manager? please share your advice.

janleo

Nah, I dont need one since I dont have anything to hide from my wife LOL.... But in case one has experienced his phone being hacked, it may have been because of going in too deep in the internet, unknowingly downloading a malware capable of accessing files in your phone. So if you have your e-wallets in your phones, I would really suggest you set up a password manager or enable 2FA settings.

coolprogramer36

Do you use a password manager to manage your passwords on smartphones as Samsung, iPhone, Sony...etc. If yes then what is the best app for managing passwords. If no, why you don't use password manager? please share your advice.
Yes I do and I don't want anybody sneaking my phone. I use PassKeep - Password Manager APK, It has a fingerprint lock and I feel safe with this app. You can download it from here : https://apkpure.com/passkeep-password-manager/eu.wedgess.passkeep

Reactions: PrettyMe and HelenR

HelenR

HelenR
Hey coolprogramer36, thank for sharing this app name but i am wondering why it is not coming from Google Play? Can we trust using apps that out of Google play?

MrMustard

MrMustard
Hello HelenR,
Most of the time ApkPure is safe most of the time,but it is inconsistent. I would recommend using ApkMirror as an alternative. It is run by AndroidPolice (You may have heard of them from browsing news about Android and such) and all the APKs are approved before added.
Also, PassKeep is on the Play Store.
To answer your question, sometimes we can should not trust APKs coming out of the play store. ApkMirror and FDroid are both two safe APK websites and personally,the only ones I trust. FDroid is however, exclusively open-source,free software created by the Android community i.e the code is accessible to everyone.

MrMustard

Hello HelenR ,
LastPass is an excellent cloud-based password manager although it is proprietary/closed-source meaning that the code is not accessible to the open public. It also has a desktop app of the same name. For open-source,secure apps, I would recommend KeePass2Android. It is not cloud based however,meaning that it is not accessible through the internet anywhere,you would have to set up a server on the desktop app : KeePass , for it to work on your phone,making it more complicated. It uses an encrypted file and password manager
All in all,I use LastPass. KeePass is secure and safe but LastPass is more intuitive and fits my needs better,thus I would recommend LastPass.

Download Links :
LastPass : Play Store
KeePass2Android : Play Store

dbs24

I want to use one but I am hesitant because based on what I've heard some of password managers are not safe. Some say that developers can hack your phone. Is that true? Please enlighten me.

Maxwell

Maxwell
I am not sure about this but I agree with you and I think I should use a strong password for my smartphone instead of using an app to manage them, that's not safe if someone can have my phone and passwords can be revealed.

ElGuapo96

Actually i don't even have a password on my phone :D
Don't really feel the need to use it since i don't have anything to hide, or anything too important on my phone. I keep my secrets and important things in a much safer environment. Just the thought of having important notes or pictures/videos in my phone and then losing it somewhere makes me uncomfortable.

What about you guys?

sandraharriette

sandraharriette
A lock screen and pin are still breakable, and I don't find that using it as another layer of security in our immediate environment should be any less important because "we don't have anything to hide" -- that's not the point.

However, I must say it's still a good idea to have truly sensitive information elsewhere.

Using a non-proprietary password manager comes with greater control, but more challenging usability.

jamprayer

As for me, I don't put password or any security pattern on my smartphone because my wife will get suspicious if I put one. LOL. Jokes aside, if you have important files on your phone that you want to protect, I suggest you use a password manager. Just be sure to install a credible and reliable app for this purpose. Maybe it is safe to download one from Play store.

Dracindo

Here's what I do in regards to passwords of high security value: I search a random text generator, that creates a specified amount of letters, numbers and symbols. Then I copy that string and save it on a txt file and put it on a USB drive that's secured with a simpler password, and that long string is my password for important things, like a Paypal account, for example.

That way, one needs to get their hands on my USB drive first, which I hidden in my room as well and is still easy for me to grab. And I got so many other USB drives given to me as a gift, so I hidden a couple of those around my room as well, with password as well.

So it's really hard to get their hands on my passwords, without me knowing it in time to reset my password. It might sound like overkill, but hey, it's better than having a simple to remember 12345 or password as a password and having all my money stolen.

Maxwell

Maxwell
Here's what I do in regards to passwords of high security value: I search a random text generator, that creates a specified amount of letters, numbers and symbols. Then I copy that string and save it on a txt file and put it on a USB drive that's secured with a simpler password, and that long string is my password for important things, like a Paypal account, for example.
One day, you lose this file or forget password to open file then it might be a disaster :D

Dracindo

Dracindo
That's the best part about today's technology. In that case, I just hit "password reset", follow the steps and before I know it, I got a new password. Either immediatly a new one generated in the same fashion, or a temporary one that I can remember and is still hard to crack by automated software.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views