Best looking Samsung phone?

ElGuapo96

I have always had an issue with the aesthetics of Samsung phones. For some reason i don't like that round, smooth edges look.
And even after doing my research i still couldn't find one that draws my attention when it comes to it's physical appearance.
I mean, the aesthetics aren't even THAT important compared to it's specifications. But every time i look at a Samsung phone i just cannot help but think to myself: "Damn, that is one ugly phone".

ugly.jpg

I have absolutely no problem with Samsung company,or any phone company as a matter of fact, just wanted to that out of the way :)
So, since i have seen a lot of knowledgeable people here, especially when it comes to Samsung phones. i would really appreciate if you could help me out and direct me to a few good looking ones.

Thanks in advance to anyone who contributes :)
Also, pictures are more than welcome in this post, let me know what your opinion is on this topic and which one do you think is the best looking one.

Iqbal19851

Samsung made one of the most beautiful phones in history. The Galaxy S8 is an amazing looking mobile phone, Not only it does have a curved display flowing into the sides, but the top and bottom bezels are almost nonexistent. You can tell that Samsung put everything it had into the design of the Galaxy S8. Its design is stunning.This is also my favriout because i own one right now.it give you such an amazing experience .

Attachments

• samsung_galaxy_s8_plus_lead.jpg
    samsung_galaxy_s8_plus_lead.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 18

BillEssley

From what you are saying, you don't like edges, rounded corners of Samsung then I am sure Sony, iPhone or Nokia smartphone will be fit your retirements to have a right phone for you. :)

starmz123

When I owned an S7E, I literally had friends ask to hold it because they liked how it looked so much! Even more than me, I think. ;)

1520399471480.png

I really like that Samsung always offers a good range of colours and I like the sleek, futuristic feel of their bezel-free edges.

1520397381582.png

However, it definitely isn't for everyone. Personally, I thought the curviness looks cool but I moreso enjoyed the functionality of the Edge panel. Unfortunately, if you don't like the curved-edge look, you're probably not going to like any of their new phones. This is because Samsung has really doubled-down on this aesthetic, probably as a USP (unique selling point). Case in point:
1520400238490.png

I know you like Apple though, so let me quickly point out that the S8 looks pretty darn similar to the iPhone X:
1520400911219.png

Just not a fan of the curved edge? Okay then - instead of their flagships, I would suggest you have a look at their other phones. This shouldn't be a trade-off since you've mentioned before that you generally just want a phone that is solidly-built, high-quality and reliable. Flagships can do that and more, but if you don't need the extras (and really, who does? :d) then you've got options!
  • Galaxy C5 ($206 on FonSource, $226+ on Amazon) - This looks pretty similar to the iPhone 6 but is newer. It doesn't necessarily run better but it's more than capable of being your regular everyday phone and has a longer-lasting battery. Unfortunately audio has never been Samsung's strong suit and its speakers can be a little tinny (this was a problem even with the S7E). Still, nothing a good pair of earphones can't fix!
  • Galaxy C7 - This reminds me of before iPhones went bezeless
    1520401957518.png
    1520401974705.png
  • Galaxy S6 - If you like the iPhone SE, you might like the S6 since they perform similarly. They don't look too similar but at least it doesn't have the Edge! It also sounds pretty good
Iphone SE vs Samsung S6 @ Tech Trends (YT).PNG

Finally, here's a full list of Samsung's phone including pictures. Maybe you'll find one that is aesthetically pleasing! I quite like the J7, though I realise that it basically looks like the S7... If you like it too, Samsung still sells them. In fact, the J7 Max reminds me a lot of the iPhone 6!
1520402040147.png1520402047990.png

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
Damn, that S7E is the clear winner when it comes to Samsung's aesthetics. Those rounded edges/sides are so insane, also the color is ridiculously beautiful. You are making me change my mind about Samsung phones right now, i'm seriously considering buying that S7E right now :D
For some reason, the rest of the phones you listed are just not that pretty, i don't know if it's just me or what, but i can't find a way to like them.

Shinchang_20

I don't really look into the appearance of phone that I purchase it's more on the specs and features that could help me in mobilizing my works efficiently. I used to own a Samsung Galaxy Core.
galaxy core.jpg

What I used to like in it's appearance was it's wide screen which at that time a 4.3" was considered a very wide screen. I'm able watch videos more clearly, it's design was simple and not bulky like any other touch screen phones released in that era. I think that curvy edges had been their distinctive design for the touch screens that they released ever since they had started developing them.

Reactions: ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
I agree with you that performance, durability and reliability in general is way more important, but come on, we all want a phone that we can proudly whip around at any time and show off :D
Or at least a phone that looks good with our way of dressing and with our personality.
But i don't really know, i don't like those smooth, curved, round edges like that, it just looks like a toy, doesn't look like a serious, strong phone.
Wish they had a sharp edges phone like Nokia or especially Sony, what a shame...

Juan Sapanataym

I'm really going crazy when it comes to smooth curves and edges. I love my phone round and slim. I'm using Samung Galaxy J7 PRO by the way.

But I think your taste is totally different from mine. You hate what I love, so I think you'll love what I hate. So I would recommend Sony XA1. The specs is good enough and it comes with four pointy edges. I really hate their design so I think you'll love it.

marblank1313

I know this would be weird, but the best looking for me is not from this new models of Samsung. I just love the look of the Samsung galaxy y, maybe it is phased out already but i still own two units of that. I like how it looks and i can say that it's cute because it's too small compared to new models of Samsung. Well, it's just my opinion, weird opinion i may say.

Annatech

every time i look at a Samsung phone i just cannot help but think to myself: "Damn, that is one ugly phone".
Wow, I guess everyone has their preferences (I couldn't help but laugh out loud because I can almost hear the revulsion in your statement for Samsung's design). I've bought Samsung phones (J7, A7, S7 - as you can see, I had a thing for the number 7) because they looked really stylish and trendy (again, preferences).

I have this colleague at work who's so smitten at Sony Xperia's box design. He won't stop talking about it. It's these following models:

Xperia XZ2:

xperia-XZ2-silver-product-shot-2000x2000-5c3cb53f4777b7540e4f9bc7193d2a9c.png

Xperia XZ Premium:
xperia-XZ-Premium-Red-product-shot-2000x2000-67baa80c6614a248fd9bf05c2a24f92b.png

I mean, I guess it looks neat, but it's still nowhere near Samsung's design for me.

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
Glad that i could make you laugh :D I don't really know, there is something about those smooth edges that really throws me off and bothers me. I love phones like the ones you presented. If i could i would paint them different colors, but the shape is perfect for me. I like sharp edges, it makes you feel like the phone is stable in your hand, like it won't fall out and crash. Thanks for the contribution anyway :)

zenerdblogger

I'm currently using Samsung J5 right now and I really like how slim it is and the processor, for me it's fine, it's on average but one thing I really don't like is how Samsung constructed the backside of the phone. For me, it doesn't look descent (the placing of the camera and the speaker), unlike those of Iphones, it looks very clean and sexy. But make no mistake, for me, Samsung is the best Android phone so far.

Newer threads