Wireless or Wired Charger??

Joey Mercado

I would like to ask since lot of new and modernized phone had been made, And some of the phone are compatible with this so called Wireless charger. I would like to ask some of the members reaction or experience if they have one regarding this wireless ?

Which one is their preferred? Wireless or Wired charger?

Is this wireless charger can also be charged using wired Charger? or just stick on it?

Thank you

Fishbate

I don't have a smartphone that uses wireless charging, but i know how the technology works.
So i'd just give some brief explanation about wireless charging technology for awareness purposes...

Wireless Charging is actually an innovation of an old technology called induction. Induction is just creating energy using electromagnetic process.

In simpler terms, wireless technology is like the ones we use at home... induction cooker:eek:.
Yup, lets put it this way... The pod is the cooker and the pan is the smartphone.

Induction works when two objects creates electromagnetic fields and generates energy. In a more easy terms its a magnet:LOL:.

The pod has components that creates electromagnetic field when its plug in. Your smartphone have a built in generator that activates and converts the energy to electricity when the pod sensed that the phone is within range of the electromagnetic field.

Its the same way how an induction cooker works, when the pan is within the cooker pads the induction activates and creates energy in this case heat.

And that's how Wireless Technology works....

I hope this helps:coffee:!

DenisMNE

DenisMNE
Wireless.
Why would you bother with a cable ?
@Fishbate gave a little history on wireless, and not a lot people know it was Nikola Tesla that first had some work on it.
Anyway, go with the wireless, nobody really wants wired charger anymore unless they have to own it.

EfficientNinja

EfficientNinja
There is one small issue with wireless changing that could be a letdown for some.

I read a few reviews that says that wireless charging makes the smartphone produce more heat than the wired option.

We all know that excessive heat is bad for both the smartphone's battery and other internal electronic parts.

Joey Mercado

Joey Mercado
Thank you for your reacitons and reply here @Fishbate and mate @DenisMNE , I will take a look on it when I have bought the wireless charger I let you know, I think whether it is wireless or not we should charge our phone on its maximum time required to avoid overheating and for it not to affect the phone's performance and life span .

DenisMNE

DenisMNE
No problem.I just shared my opinion with few insights.
As said, wireless things are on the rise everywhere so wireless chargers will be also.
I am wondering why arent they a huge deal right now, since it seems not many people are using them.

Dracindo

Dracindo
Thanks for the explanation, I saw the title and I was wondering what kind of telekinesis powers were at play here. You make more sense.

But even still, I'd prefer wired. I think that still charges faster. Well, depending on whether you charge using a power bank versus using a pc makes a big difference as well, but that's the thing: I can use the wire for my pc as well. I actually pay for the wire, the powerbank is just a nice thing in case I forgot to charge overnight.

J53772

I'd go for the wired charger since the only advantage I can see for the wireless one is that (1) it looks better and (2) you don't have to bother with tangled cables. Both things I can manage, thank you very much.

According to some, wireless charging is safer because you don't have to plug anything on your phone, thus, not putting any data at risk. However, I haven't had such problems with wired chargers so I think that factor does not count. I've also read that wireless charging can make your phone overheat which damages your phone's battery.

Generally, when it comes to charging, the most important aspect that I have to evaluate is the charging speed. Wireless charging is slower than wired charging, almost twice as slow. So do I think that's worth it? Definitely not. Unless they find a way to increase the charging speed and eliminate other major cons, I would stick to wired chargers.

arnelbrix

arnelbrix
Wow! its another kin of new release technology right now. In my own opinion, I think this wireless charger has a limited compatibility with some smartphone? I wonder how it works, does it need a 3rd party application? but It's a kind of convenient way when you charge your phone and hassle free, you don't need to put a cable. I like it.

raymondhc

raymondhc
Generally, when it comes to charging, the most important aspect that I have to evaluate is the charging speed. Wireless charging is slower than wired charging, almost twice as slow. So do I think that's worth it? Definitely not. Unless they find a way to increase the charging speed and eliminate other major cons, I would stick to wired chargers.
This is why I think that wired charger is better. The charging speed is the main factor when I'm looking for a new charger.

Tengmin

I would choose wired charger still..not yet much familiar with the wireless charger. Using powerbank is really a convenient one. For now wired charger is still ok to use especially if its fast charging

Nethmanila

Wired charger works better, you can see the easily the performance the wired charger that you bought if it is fast charger or not. The wireless charger have some error sometimes and it works so slow to charge your phone.

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.