When using iPhone as a hotspot, can I see what devices are connected?

HelenR

I want to use this feature on my iPhone but I am just curious it is possible to see what devices are connected. If I know this, I can limit devices that allowed to connect to my network which can make my hotspot clean and more faster. Thanks!

Sev7en

Hi there @HelenR :). According to iPhone, there isn't a way that you can see the specific device that's connected on your Hotspot. But there is a way that you can see, detects, and even block other users that's connected on your Hotspot and decongest your data connection. This app is called Network Analyzer, and you can download this app on iTunes.

What this app does is that it scans your Hotspot, since you've configured your phone to become a Hotspot and becomes visible to other users trying to search for any available Hotspot. This app also has an option to detects when some users are trying to connect on your device. There's also this network diagnostic tool where you can tweak your settings and even block anyone that's inflitrating your phone and stealing your data.

You can see the app here: Here

• Smile
Reactions: HelenR

DenisMNE

DenisMNE
Yeah, I was trying to find out an answer to this question long ago and it is basically what you have said.
I do not use hotspot a lot, I am mostly the one that connects to it :)

Mabbrel

I also think you will not see exactly who's devices are connected to your iPhone, such as a iPhone 7 Plus and some others. It will only show the number of devices that are connected to your phone's hotspot.
But if will want to know or see exactly what device(s) are connected to your iPhone, maybe an iPhone 7 Plus then I can say you are possible.

Hope this helps.

jaimecalpz

According to iPhone, there isn't a way that you can see the specific device that's connected on your Hotspot. But there is a way that you can see, detects, and even block other users that's connected on your Hotspot and decongest your data connection

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views