What is your idea about China's Android phone?

ion

Huawei, honor, xiaomi is some of the China's android phone. Do you think it's really worth to buy this phone. Do you think guys the quality right now is enough to compare to other android phone like Samsung? because based on the specs of these android phone, It's really great and aside from that, the price is really cheap very affordable. But I'm not sure about the quality. Do you think it's really worth to buy China phone right now?

Attachments

• whatsonweibotopphones-min.jpg
    whatsonweibotopphones-min.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 11

ElGuapo96

Sure, why not give it a shot? It seems like these products have a decent quality. I, for a fact know that Huawei is at least decent and that Xiaomoi is an absolute monster of a phone. Perhaps the quality is a bit lower, but hey, it cannot be that bad, right?
I wouldn't worry too much about these phones, since they are so cheap and their specifications are absolutely insane, i cannot find a reason to avoid them.
I will give Xiaomi a shot once i get the money and i think you should too :)

ion

ion
Your right, my plan also is to buy this xiaomi, I'm just worrying about the quality, I'm afraid to buy this because you know, my mindset about china product is all disposables or you can use this for just a couple of months only, besides it's hard to get some reviews from this phone, so, I'm not really sure. Sorry if there're Chinese here. My plan is to this buy Xiaomi next month or should I wait for another two months and buy Samsung.

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
Well, it all depends in which phone attracts you the most. I don't personally think there is a big, noticeable or important difference between the two of them. It all boils down to your personal preference. I have done some more research and even found a guy in my city that has a Xiaomi phone and he is so happy about it. He has had it for a few months now and he is extremely content, it hasn't lagged once, runs smooth and fast, just as good as any other phone. The fact that it is Chinese doesn't mean that it is bad, i would encourage you to give it a shot.

ion

Alright, thanks for the advice. I think you're right, I need to give a chance this xiaomi. Actually I really like the specs, it's very interesting phone, and looks elegant also. I just don't have a friend like you who have this kind of phone. LOL. thanks

Attachments

• xiaomi-mi-mix-2-lede_0.jpg
    xiaomi-mi-mix-2-lede_0.jpg
    556.7 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
I wouldn't feed you lies, don't worry about it. I have nothing to gain from misleading people into buying bad deices and wasting their money. I am only doing what i want others to do to me. And that is to give a legitimate advice and help people.
I guarantee you that you will not be disappointed. As a matter of fact, you will be amazed by how good the phone is. Don't worry one bit :)
You are free to do more research if you want, but there is no need for that, the phone is brilliant :)

ion

ion
Well, based on your explanation, I think you really have a talent in sales talk. you really good in that business I think. :) just kidding. Alright, I think I'm will give this a shot, but I need more reviews, and go to the mall to see this phone literally. and you also have a plan to buy this xiaomi right? let us try this. :)

Fishbate

Well if you are asking about hardware quality, i think china's smartphones are worth it. If you come to think of it, most of the large smartphone manufacturers have their own manufacturing plants in china. Mainly because of the labor cost and the components. China is one of most affordable labor cost in asia or in the world. Also china's mineral and raw materials processing is one of the most productive in the world.

The technology of chine has greatly increased because of these factors. Along the way they have also greatly improved their quality in terms of electromechanics.

So if your buying china's Huawei, honor, xiaomi your simply buying the brand that's why its more cheaper... the components? some of them are the same with SAMSUNG, IPHONE and other brands...

Believe it or not, some products are much expensive because of branding...;)

Reactions: Kayel and ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
This is such a great point, very realistic view on this topic. Also the fact that things are made in China doesn't mean that their quality is bad. Just because they have SOME bad products doesn't mean they all are. It's called prejudices and it's not a good thing :D
Glad that someone else agreed with me on this topic. Very underrated phones, considering how they are almost on par, if not even better than some of the more famous brands.

Kayel

Kayel
I agree with your thoughts. Many well known brands are "US-designed, manufactured in China" that performs very well but priced a lot. Huawei is China-made but they have a good line of model phones. Xiaomi and other brands are now coming into the market, perhaps they offer same features as other well known brands but at a more reasonable price. It will be nice if we can try them to see for ourselves and compare how it performs.

bernardsam

My idea about china's phone is not a long lasting phone that's only for me, but if you handle you china phone with care it will last long

glykahipe03

I think buying phone from China is worth to buy although there are so many products from China with low quality they still have some products that has excellent quality also China has low cost when it comes to labor in maufacturing sort of different products. Other country even chose to mabufacture their products in China because it is less expensive. As far as I know iphone are from US but it is originally assembled in China, why? because it is less costly to assemble it in China rather in the US. :)

Sev7en

China phones had emerged in the mobile industry for quite some time now. They continuously developed and offered different tiers of mobile devices depending on the needs of the user. Due to the fast growing technology that revolves in mobile industry, along with hard competition between China's mobile manufacturers they evolved and considered a competitor with the mobile giants; Samsung, Apple, and other leading brands on the market.

Based on my experience with China phones; OPPO, Huawei, Xiaomi, and the likes, I found that their mid-end (regardless of the brand) to high-end devices are adequate for a daily usage compared to the leading brands on the market. China phones also offers what Samsung and other Android devices has to offer, application wise. When it comes to physical aesthetics China phones had a revealing concept that they alone develops, they used plastics instead of metal or glass on their mid-end devices. And some of their high-end devices also lacks some features on the physical side of the devices, this is understandable due to its lower costing. Performance is not so different from the leading brands on the market, they also uses some of the hardware's that high-end phones uses. The only drawback for me is the battery life which is not competitive enough compared to the leading brands on the market.

Bottom line is, China phones are good when you are not a heavy user. Because it's cheaper compared to other competing brands out there, then the specifications are not so impressive for long term use. On the other hand, if you're not a heavy user and use your phone occasionally for a single task or two, then this phones are good enough. Plus it's cheaper compared to other brands out there in the market.

Joy ann

When you want to buy a new Android phone, you’ll see a lot of options on Amazon and other retailers from companies you haven’t heard of before. Till a few years back, we would have told you to avoid these cheap Chinese imports. But you’d be a fool to blindly ignore them now.

kaisantos2229

I don't think it's right to assume that the reason why some large manufacturing companies want to build their factories to China is because the labor cost in China is cheap. Maybe before that was true but I think now China has evolve from a counterfeiter into quality producer. China today become one of those countries who has professional and talented workers.

I know for a fact that well known product brands (like Apple and Samsung) that is manufactured from China is built to last, well of course except for counterfeit products. Example, I am still using my six years old iPhone 4s and until now it is still working perfectly fine, even though I've drop it several time it's still working. And I know all of those people who have been using Apple products which was manufactured from China can prove that what I said is true. And it's proof enough that Chinese made products is indeed worthy to buy, except for counterfeit products.

Check this interview:

J53772

I had experience with some China phones like Huawei and Oppo, and they did not disappoint. The quality of the picture was even better than most Samsung smartphones (although they fail in comparison with iPhones, but still it was decent). Another advantage of buying them is, of course, the price. Because the leading brands have such a high demand in the market, the company has now the ability to raise the price even though it seems unreasonable.

People nowadays mostly buy the brand of the smartphone instead of its functionality. We have to be smarter than that. Let's evaluate our choices and think carefully if the product is really worth the price. Personally, I think China phones are worth it considering it has most, if not all, features of other smartphones.

jan22

china phones is kinda good, just dont buy it on an online store to prevent scams. always buy on the spot!

EfficientNinja

I think it's worth it to buy smartphones manufactured in China. Huawei and Xiaomi produce phones that have good specs and are bang for the buck. I often check youtube reviews for the specific phone models that I am interested in and see if the build quality and battery life is good.

You could try checking MKBHD's youtube channel for phone reviews if you are looking for trusted phone reviews before buying.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads