Twitch or Youtube?

Dracindo

Simple question: Which site do you prefer, Twitch or Youtube?
For those who don't know what Twitch is, it's basically a site where streamers make live content. Instead of making short 10 minute edited videos, everything you see is happening live. It's mostly for gamers, though artists can also find entertainment here.

Personally, I'm more a Twitch guy now. It's fun to see how people play their games, without missing a single thing. I can also talk with the streamers and people in chat. It feels more like you're joining a community, rather than watching a video, leaving a comment and moving on to the next video.

Nethmanila

This is my first time to hear about Twitch maybe because I'm not a gamer. But for me, I always use Youtube because I love watching drama or adventure series. If I missed the change to watch it in the TV, Youtube is the easiest way for me to search it and watch it.

Xane911

I like both of them, although Twitch is only relevant for gaming related streams. I usually watch Youtube videos more than Twitch, because it's free and it does not require you to pay any amount of sum.

Dracindo

Dracindo
Twitch is free as well. Paying will only make the experience slightly better. You can subscribe to channels so that you no longer have to watch an ad, and you get the chat emotes from that channel, available to use on any other channel.
You have to pay as much for Twitch as you have to pay as much for Youtube, which is the amount you pay for your internet.

Also, there's other types of streamers too, like arts, crafts, music, and they sometimes play an entire show, like all episodes of YuGiOh. I think there's a Pokemon marathon going on now, or there was, I saw it about a week ago.

Rodney Olson

What is Twitch?

I have never used this before. I only use Youtube for watching videos and learning some new things there.

Dracindo

Dracindo
Basically, it's a site with countless of live streamers. Mostly people playing video games for a live online audience, but there's also artists making their music, drawings, and crafts, as well as people that just show you around in the place they live in. Last IRL (In Real Life) stream I've watched, the streamer was walking in some mountains in Switzerland. It was quite beautiful, and she was a lovely person to talk to.

Older threads
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views