Should you install Clean Master on your smartphones?

marciayudkin

Clean Master or many other phone accelerator apps have been chosen by many Android users to clean up junk files, free up space to make their phones work faster. But are these applications really effective and worth downloading?

Should you install Clean Master on your smartphones.jpg

This post will give you views and references to various sources to analyze the advantages and disadvantages of Clean Master or other accelerator applications on smartphones.

1/ Strength
Surely many users will know the strengths of this accelerator application.

Accelerate device
Clean Master has solutions to accelerate the phone, such as remove applications running in background, so that Android will have more RAM for you to play games, view videos..etc

Wipe out the junk, RAM
The Android OS is different from iOS, which encourages applications to continually create cache to launch apps faster, with older data not wasting time reloading. Until the cache memory and RAM are overloaded, will trigger the self-cleaning function of the Anroid. At this point you will notice that the applications you are using suddenly stop and exit.

Clean Master will be a solution to that. With automatic periodic cleanup mechanism or cache memory. Clean Master has the ability to automatically clean RAM, cache quietly that users are difficult to know.

2/ What can happen
As such features, Clean Master is a useful application. But really need to install on your Android smartphone?

Android is smarter
With many changes after Google updates, Android has become smarter and has better screening capabilities. That is why the mid-range devices of the company recently did not pay much attention to the hardware configuration that will harmonize between Android operating system and device, help your Smartphone become more stable.

And even low configuration smartphone have been announced by Android Go, a lightweight and smooth operating system. Compatibility with a modestly phone about configuration aspect and still gives you a stable experience.

Default acceleration feature
We can easily realize it is the Samsung, with the maintenance feature has the same features as Clean Master. Oppo, HTC, Asus also have the accelerator, cleanup the default garbage on your phone so there is no reason to install Clean Master anymore.

Unstable on low configuration device
Android Go or Android One is not yet widely available on mobile. So most manufacturers still use the current Android version and customization of the company. On low configuration devices, with fairly less RAM, sometimes only 512MB, should I install Clean Master?

The answer is NO. With such a low amount of RAM, the ability to coordinate ram for Google services on Android is difficult, add the application you install more difficult, and especially install a Clean Master can not be resolved better.

3/ So, when to use Clean Master
You should only install Clean Master when there is no default application on your phone. With features such as Clean Master, it's a great fit for mid-range phones but does not have any cleanup or acceleration apps.

Only install to remove garbage
Despite drawbacks, Clean Master Rubbish Removal feature is still very effective. If your phone has been used for a long time, install it to remove junk files that will make the phone run better and more stable.

The points above will give you views whether to install Clean Master or not. And what do you think about it? Comment below and I would like to hear your opinions.

Sev7en

For me it's a necessity to install this app on our mobile device simply for optimization and added security purposes. Based on the summary above, and for my personal experience, it's beneficial to utilize this app compared to the installed stock cleaning software on our smartphones.

This application also comes with a locking system that let's you set a certain pattern solely for locking and unlocking your desired application/s. Plus it also captures the users facial recognition once the user failed to input the correct pattern thrice. Based on my experience, I've tried the system but there are factors that makes this security fail. When the user isn't fully aligned with the front cam then the generated image is quite dull and unclear. Another factor for this security system to fail is when the lighting condition is poor.

To sum it up, if you need an additional security layer for your phone plus with the capability to clean all the junk files then this app is for you. On the other hand, if your phone has already the capability to clean and secure your folders and applications then there's no need to install this one. It might confuse the system's administrative capability and might cause some lags when using your phone.

Shinchang_20

I used to get tormented in choosing the right cleaner for my old android phone, but not anymore with the phone I'm currently using. It has a pre-installed cleaner and anti-virus. I'm amazed in how efficient it is in clearing all unnecessary cache. It used to worry me whenever I had chosen a cleaner that doesn't clear all the junks and the phone just keep on getting slower. It's nice that most of the phone produced now a days has cleaner pre-installed so the system gets properly optimized and wiped off of the junks and residues.

starmz123

Clean Master or many other phone accelerator apps have been chosen by many Android users to clean up junk files, free up space to make their phones work faster. But are these applications really effective and worth downloading?

View attachment 850

This post will give you views and references to various sources to analyze the advantages and disadvantages of Clean Master or other accelerator applications on smartphones.

1/ Strength
Surely many users will know the strengths of this accelerator application.

Accelerate device
Clean Master has solutions to accelerate the phone, such as remove applications running in background, so that Android will have more RAM for you to play games, view videos..etc

Wipe out the junk, RAM
The Android OS is different from iOS, which encourages applications to continually create cache to launch apps faster, with older data not wasting time reloading. Until the cache memory and RAM are overloaded, will trigger the self-cleaning function of the Anroid. At this point you will notice that the applications you are using suddenly stop and exit.

Clean Master will be a solution to that. With automatic periodic cleanup mechanism or cache memory. Clean Master has the ability to automatically clean RAM, cache quietly that users are difficult to know.

2/ What can happen
As such features, Clean Master is a useful application. But really need to install on your Android smartphone?

Android is smarter
With many changes after Google updates, Android has become smarter and has better screening capabilities. That is why the mid-range devices of the company recently did not pay much attention to the hardware configuration that will harmonize between Android operating system and device, help your Smartphone become more stable.

And even low configuration smartphone have been announced by Android Go, a lightweight and smooth operating system. Compatibility with a modestly phone about configuration aspect and still gives you a stable experience.

Default acceleration feature
We can easily realize it is the Samsung, with the maintenance feature has the same features as Clean Master. Oppo, HTC, Asus also have the accelerator, cleanup the default garbage on your phone so there is no reason to install Clean Master anymore.

Unstable on low configuration device
Android Go or Android One is not yet widely available on mobile. So most manufacturers still use the current Android version and customization of the company. On low configuration devices, with fairly less RAM, sometimes only 512MB, should I install Clean Master?

The answer is NO. With such a low amount of RAM, the ability to coordinate ram for Google services on Android is difficult, add the application you install more difficult, and especially install a Clean Master can not be resolved better.

3/ So, when to use Clean Master
You should only install Clean Master when there is no default application on your phone. With features such as Clean Master, it's a great fit for mid-range phones but does not have any cleanup or acceleration apps.

Only install to remove garbage
Despite drawbacks, Clean Master Rubbish Removal feature is still very effective. If your phone has been used for a long time, install it to remove junk files that will make the phone run better and more stable.

The points above will give you views whether to install Clean Master or not. And what do you think about it? Comment below and I would like to hear your opinions.

I don't think such apps are necessary. There are very few apps I trust (e.g. Greenify) that are meant to optimise phone performance. I really don't even trust the manufacturer bloatware (e.g. from Samsung, LG) that's meant to clean/speed up your phone, but at least that comes packaged with the phone rather than adding yet another application.

Let me explain why, using Clean Master as a case study:

1. Memory Boost - Why clearing up RAM is bad: Like you said, the Android OS has been developed to automatically free up RAM as you need it. This means that ordinarily, you shouldn't need to manually clear away apps to make your phone run faster. In fact, if you clear apps away from your RAM and then reopen them, you're forcing your phone to completely reopen the app instead of loading it from the RAM. This makes it slower and uses even more processing power!

The only exception to this is if an application is freezing. In that case, clearing it out from the RAM might be necessary to make it work. One could also argue that if you know you are definitely not going to open an app again, you can clear it from the RAM ... But there is no benefit to that since, firstly, you can't know that for sure and secondly, Android will detect which apps you haven't used for a while and close them if need be.

2. Junk File Cleaning - Android already deletes unused cache files: Similar to point 1, there is little point to installing another app to clean up your cache files. Your cache files are there to help make everyday tasks faster, like viewing a photo. This way, your phone doesn't need to use extra resources to do something it has already done before. For example, Clean Master claims that WhatsApp produces a lot of 'junk files'. However, WhatsApp is inherently a platform to share things, so if you will be seeing a lot of the same things (e.g. photos your friends sent on a group chat), it will only take extra resources to redownload those things if you clear out your cache.

Even when there are cache files that you no longer need, your phone system will detect this and get rid of them automatically. So, by using this feature you are simply using more processes (running an external app and duplicating system processes) to do something your phone already does!

3. Trashing files - This is built-in: Most, if not all Androids already have a useful "Storage" section in the menu that shows how much storage you have left and lets you see what kind of files (e.g. Music, Apps) are taking up the most space. So you can simply go there if you are running out of space.

It is probable that, if you are using a mainstream phone, there is bloatware that helps clean up your phone too. For example, LG provides "Smart Doctor" which sometimes notifies me when it thinks I have too much junk. It's not really useful for me, but if deleting many small files is something you need to do regularly, then it is unlikely you have to install an external app to do it
There's much more on why these kinds of apps are unnecessary here, here and here.

Now, would I recommend apps like Clean Master? Well, I wouldn't recommend Clean Master itself, since almost all Android phones can already do everything Clean Master can do. But if there is a specific function your phone doesn't cover (e.g. it is a very basic phone or not updated), then it makes sense to install an app to cover this function. For example, sometimes I find myself accidentally creating a contact I already have, in which case installing an app to remove these might be useful.

So, if you are 100% sure that your phone does not do something natively, then go ahead and install a performance-boosting app!

ElGuapo96

I would definitely recommend everyone to install Clean Master or any other phone accelerating app. It can save you a lot of space and it can boost your phone performance.
I, myself have one installed on my phone and i can guarantee you it has helped me. Now, of course don't be mistaken if you think it can fix a broken phone, but it is still very useful.

It has mostly helped me with internet browsing and using social media, since they are the ones who usually lag the most and run the slowest after you fill your phone up with unnecessary junk. :)

Elle Camia

Elle Camia
I agree with you. I am a loyal user of Clean Master. Ever since I started having an android phone, I have always been looking for an app that will help me clean my phone junk and remove residues from uninstalled and deleted files. No other app amazed me and did it like Clean Master. It doesn’t only help clean all your phone's junk, but also checks any newly installed apps for viruses.

I am also a fan of an added feature where Clean Master allows you to lock every app and take a picture of whoever is trying to snoop into your files or app.

For me, Clean Master is a must have for smart phone users! ?

Fishbate

Clean master is well known maintenance app, it has features that not only protects but also maintain optimum usage of you smartphone. Although some features in Clean Master are already available on your smartphones. Like basic memory cache and trash clean up, Clean Master makes it complete with bulk features in an app.

One disadvantage of Clean Master is advertisements, they are all over clean masters dashboard and features. I guess they also have to make some money for the free app.:p

Overall its a great app minus the advertisements....

Have a great day:coffee:!

marblank1313

It works fine for me. It is working great and i will continue using it. My phone improves a lot after i had clean master installed on it. Now i don't have to clean junks on my phone manually, just one touch then it does all the cleaning. Clean master also locates and let you decide if you want to delete duplicate photos, videos, files, etc.. It is also good for safe browsing.

monblogger

Clean Master is very dependable and because of that I believe that it's all worth it to have this application on anyone who wants to clean junk files and free up some space without any hassle on their smartphones, aside from that it can also clear some memory usage of your phone to boost it's speed and capabilities. Needless to say that it's very versatile and convenient to use. Although there are a lot of similar apps that work the same way in the Playstore and obviously some of the features of the Clean Master are already a part of our smartphones, definitely it's still going to be a wise choice to have this app for the main reason that you no longer have to clean your phone from unnecessary junk one by one which is time consuming and somehow it can also be stressful sometime.

jakejake

Yes!. I highly recommend using clean master. In fact, every phone should have it pre installed. It is very user friendly, has a lot of features and it does its job. My phone used to be so laggy. And i cant install new apps because the memory is full, i tried manually erasing stuff but it still did not work. Then i tried clean master. Now its one of the apps i always download first when i have a new phone.

kd06

I've been using this app ever since and so far I can say that it is great. I've got lots of apps installed in my phone and clearing un-useful caches and junks manually is a hardwork luckily there is Clean Master. It also has anti-virus and memory boost and the thing I most like about the app is that it has this Charge Master in it where it automatically clean battery draining apps to optimize charging making your phone be charged at a lesser time. This app really does help you maximize your phone to your extent eliminating those you don't need.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.