The best and the worst apps you had?

ElGuapo96

Can we start a discussion about the absolute worst and the best phone applications you have ever downloaded?
iPhone, Android, Windows, doesn't matter one bit what OS you are using or have used, let's just make a caution/recommendation thread for people who are in a dilemma which application should they get. I think it's a good way to direct people towards the good apps and to help them avoid the bad, time wasting ones.
Obviously, the purpose of the app doesn't matter one single bit. It could be literally anything there is out there.

Let's start out with my list :D

The best:

1. Whatsapp/Instagram
2.Netflix
3.Spotify
4.Duolingo
5. Guitar Tuna

And now the absolute worst one, which may come out as a surprise.

1.Skype
2. Facebook
3.Youtube App
4.Every alarm app i have ever had :D

Sev7en

Speaking of applications, whether it's iOS, Symbian, or Android, there are huge applications on the market (app store) waited to be installed on our precious mobile devices. Some are paid and others are free to try and some applications can even generate an earning just by completing tasks. With the rapid growth of digital technology applications are becoming more and more utilitarian, but we can't evade the fact that some applications also are just bogus and scam, created to invade our privacy and get access to our confidential and sensitive informations. Having said that, it's very important to choose wisely and before installing a certain application you must cross check the application's background to prevent any intrusion that the app can make on your mobile devices once installed.

As a techie, heavy gamer, and an on-the-go kind of person, I need specific application/s that's suited for my daily adventures and here's my "best" applications so far:

Android Device Manager - For me security is the most important factor that needs to take into consideration before anything else. So setting this up can give you a certain peace of mind when you ever lost your phone.

Kaspersky Internet Security - Surfing over the internet using our mobile device can be risky, specially when we are diving deeper into a certain domain and sites that are a lot of ads attached to it. Setting up an additional security like this will give you confidence that phishing sites cannot intrude over your phone.

Facebook and Messenger - I believe that this app is always present in everyone's phone. A very convenient app for converging and sharing our valuable thoughts, experiences, business, and adventures with anyone on our friends list or in public.

Instagram - Another social media sharing platform where we can post our precious images and share it to our friends and loved ones.

Google Chrome Browser - This bloatware I believe is the most used browser on every single phone out there.

Google Drive - If you want to save your precious documents then this cloud storage is a good catch. Based on my impression some android users doesn't utilize this bloatware and just let this app sit on the system for no good use. It's limited storage is quite sufficient for small chunks of data alone, and it's free.

Mega - A premium cloud storage where you can have a 50GB of FREE storage once you signed up. Not all cloud storage offers this huge storage capacity for free, so this app is a must for me.

Google Map - As a biker and a motorcycle rider I need this kind of app to guide me for my long drive together with my friends on a weekend ride. This app is very useful, based on personal experience, specially when you're traveling on unfamiliar roads and or terrains.

Uber - A networking transportation company that let us book a ride and makes our travel much more easier and comfortable. This is a must have for me because the traffic here in my country is worse and daily commuting is very challenging and tiresome.

Grab - Another networking transportation company just like Uber.

Gmail App - This app is one of the essentials on every phone out there. This is important specially to us that are in contact with our clients, colleagues, and friends. Having this present on our phone will make it easier to check our emails on the fly.

Youtube - A streaming platform where I believe every smartphone user has this application installed.

Netflix - This is a very cool app wherein I can watch a movie together with my friends, loved one, and members of the family without spending too much and subjecting myself into a long queue on a movie theater. I can even watch the latest TV series while I'm traveling or inside a public transport. How convenient it is. ;)

~ To Be Continued...

Maxwell

Maxwell

Where to enable Android Device Manager? and do you think Kaspersky Internet Security is really necessary to install on Android smartphones today? because on newest versions of them, they are ready having security feature.

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
Great job you have done with that list. You also named a few apps that i completely forgot about! The likes of YouTube and Gmail, very useful and one of the best out there, no idea how i forgot about them.
Also i love how you said Uber, that is such a great feature which can actually be a life saver. Especially if you live in a gigantic city with a lot of traffic.
Can you give me more info that "Mega" app? It's like iCloud for iPhone, just with more place to store your data, right?

Fishbate

I am very picky on my apps, i always try to do a little bit of research before installing them. One particular app that i could not forget is WeSing. It is an Karaoke and Recording app that i installed for my kids.

I actually loved it at first, my kids are having a blast using it. You can actually record your songs and upload it for other people to hear it. It is also very interactive because people can comment on your records and can give you rewards or points.

It seemed to be a great app until a notification came up:mad:, the notification stated that i have only 700mb of internal memory left:eek:. What? if i remember it, i still have around 2gb of internal memory or more.

I know that it maybe a third party app or just too much cache on my smartphone, i tried cleaning my phone but the memory i gained is not that significant. So i tried checking each app, then i found out that the WeSing app consumed the most memory without declaring it to the application menu. The app supposed to consume only around 100mb or more. But when i checked it to the file explorer using a laptop. I found a folder containing files from the WeSing app. Guess what... it consumed 1.8 gb of my memory!o_O

1520756478568.png

I had to remove it , so i explained to my kids why i had to and they understand. They have to stick to the old karaoke again. :p

I still think its a great app in terms of enjoyment, i don't know if its a build in mechanism of the app in storing their data files or i may have done something wrong on the installation side.

Note: This is based on my experience and i have nothing against WeSing.

Have a great day everyone:coffee:!

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
Well that is a damn good post. Music just runs through my veins and this is definitely the kind of app that i should look into.
But damn, your experience is unfortunate, not a good thing to happen :D
What kind of songs does it have, what options do you have to choose from, specifically saying: how limited are you when it comes to genres?

I find it cool that you are willing to share any experience, regardless of whether it's good or bad :)

Reactions: Fishbate

Fishbate

Fishbate
It have tons of minus one songs from different genres. All you have to do is search a song you desire, then select the versions available. After selecting, start playing... it will automatically record your singing. There are graphics features that tells you where to start and if you are in timing. After the song, you can check your record and have fun with it...you can also upload it so that every WeSing users can hear your rendition.:)

Fishbate

One of the best and the most used app that i have on my smartphone is ElectroDroid. This app helps me on most of my projects. I make crafts as a hobby and i use electronics in fusing on my crafts. ElectroDroid is basically a multi tool electronics app. It has all the features i need in helping me building projects. Features that is also essential to beginners and electronic enthusiast. The app provides features like resistance and power calculators, cable pin outs and designations... it even has a battery life calculator.

1520759731965.png

The fact that i don't have to do calculations and research saves me a lot of time. Also the app keeps me aware of some details that i have to consider in making a circuit or connection.

1520760124469.png

The best thing about it, is a plugin called Every Circuit. This plugin enables you to simulate and create a circuit without blowing something:whistle:.

Guess what? this app also have Jtag pin out features:devilish:. This one can help you modify your smartphones or even repair it! awesome right?

All of this tools for free:D

One project i had is a USB Multi purpose Lamp out of old stuffs:p, here it is:

1520761609733.png

Have a great day guys:coffee:!

Joey Mercado

Hello, Mobile applications have its own time I guess when this App is highly appreciated by the market and there was a time that this app is the least appreciated.

For me the application the Tops My Best Mobile Applications where:
1. Messenger - because it is somewhat te only way though there's more way this is the most used APP for me to communicate to my loved ones.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.facebook.orca

2. Instagram - because I want to see those beautiful IG posts specially the posts about places and scenes that was encouraging to look at.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.instagram.android

3. WhatsApp- other than Messenger this one is also one of the most convenient to use in communication

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.whatsapp

And for the lease where:

1. Every alarm Application I;ve had too cause theres' always some alarms that are not good and not easy to use.
2. PLanner Application , cause some of the Planner Strategy or design doesn't fir the planner I've had in my mind, or maybe its just my mind who had complications :) hehe

Nevertheless, some mobile Applications may see,s to be boring especially when you read the thread here, but we are not encouraging you to unsubscribe or what. so ever. and we are looking forward also on your reply regarding your applications,
Always remember that applications have their own limited time of out in the market.

Thank you!

Reactions: ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96

ElGuapo96
No, thank YOU!
Also, great list and i completely agree and understand why you chose those apps.
Alarm applications are such trash, they have failed me so many times and so many times have i been late. And considering how that's one thing that i absolutely despise, alarm apps are off my list :D

Emmaz

When it comes to applications, I'm not always in a hurry to download one because I might eventually not have any use for it. There are good applications that serve several good purposes and useless ones that are not of any value in my opinion. Below are the best and worst applications I have ever used :

BEST APPLICATIONS
Whatsapp
Facebook
Twitter
Messenger
Manchester United Application

WORST APPLICATIONS
Instagram
2go
Snapchat

Older threads
Replies