Android Device Slow Charging?

Martinsx

Just a couple of weeks back, my android Tecno device developed a fault of slow charging. It would be plugged for more than 6 long hours and it would never charge full. I consulted a phone technician and he diagnosed the device saying it's the charging flex panel that is faulty.

I had the charging flex panel changed and it's still having the same issue of slow charging. I don't know what else to do again. Anyone with ideas on what might be the cause of the problem with the device?

Fishbate

According to what have you mentioned, it may be the battery. I recommend that you first drain your battery up to a self shutdown. After wards, charge your device again without turning it on.

Now 6 hours is too long to wait, I suggest check your battery specification and your charger specification. I'll give you an example: if your battery specification is 2000mah and your charger is 2amp output. The calculation is (1 amp = 1000 mah) , meaning if you have a 2 amp charger output and you have a 2000mah battery you should have a full charge in 2 hours.

If you still don't have a full charge after the calculated time of charging. It may be the battery. Other problems to also consider is your charger out put. But the only way to check that is by a multi tester. Second is charging fluctuations, it may be on the cable or in the device port. Still you can test it by a multi tester.

If you are knowledgeable in using this tool, i suggest you try checking it yourself first before going to a service center.

I hope this helps:coffee:!

ajwise123

I would say it could possibly be your battery itself; you may need a new battery. I would suggest that you try restarting your phone, and then try charging it with the power off. It is easy for the battery to drain and for the charging process to slow down when you have apps running in the background. Sometimes you may not even know that you have applications running in the background. Another problem could be the power source to which your phone is connected. There may not be enough power flowing through the outlet, which could in turn cause the phone to charge more slowly. You could possibly have a faulty charging end or charging cord. You may want to consider investing in a fast charger associated with your specific phone. There are a couple of apps that you can download that are meant to speed up charging sessions as well.

I hope these tips help you get your phone to 100%.
Best of luck!

ElGuapo96

I had similar problem, but the issue could be anywhere. It could be a faulty USB cable, a messed up USB/charger entrance in the phone. Or the last and the worst, it could be a battery problem.
No matter what the issue is i would most definitely and pay a technician the visit.
We can make guesses all day long here, but until the phone is examined thoroughly it's still only guessing...

It could be a faulty charger, try changing it if you have another one at hand.

JayM

I had that problem before. I've done experimenting my phone by changing the battery though the first battery was still looks good. After changing the battery the problem was still there. The second experiment was changing the charger. I bought a new one. The condition changed from 4 hours charging and easily low the battery to 1 hour and 30 mins charging and last a day.

You just try to do so because going to a technician sometimes will cost you more.

Martinsx

Thanks guys for all the suggestions, I can attest that some of them are actually what might be the problem with the device charging very slow. The USB cord developed partial contact and I got it changed but the problem still persisted. My battery capacity is 3000 mAh, I have used the device for roughly 3 years now, maybe it's the battery that is actually faulty.

Below is the charing flex panel that I had changed when the problem of slow charging started.

Android Device Slow Charging.png

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views