Microsoft office on Smartphones

Fishbate

I use Microsoft Office Excel for my data and office works. I've been using excel ever since i learned how to use a computer:p. Not to boast about it, i have required some skills through the years working with it. I've been using it as a database for my programs , i know some scripting using VBexcel and macro, and used it as a source for presentations to clients.

When i heard that Microsoft excel was available on android, i immediately downloaded it for my smartphone. Thinking that i can make projects and data gathering much faster and efficient. Also the thought that i can use it in travels enticed me.

But after downloading (i think a year ago), it took me a while becoming familiar with it specially when a mouse is not around. And frankly it was a large file...around 300mb.

1518943721571.png

In fairness to this software, i love the fact that all basic features are still there like formula functions, Graph and Pivot options and the natural look of the grid lines.

I would say that i'm happy with it, specially when i can save my files through onedrive and dropbox which makes the software flexible on both windows and android platforms.:)

Screenshot_2018-02-18-00-23-17.png

Overall it is a working software, well planned on how it will be executed on a android platform. But the size and power consumption is a bummer. They should do something about it...:unsure:.
At the end of it all....Its really nice to see an old friend (Excel) , in the most popular guy in town (smartphone).:p

Martinsx

My first smartphone was Nokia E5 and I bought the phone after my girlfriend's birthday during my university days in school. To my greatest surprise when operating the phone home page for its inbuilt application and I saw MS OFFICE.

At first, I paused and checked out the application well before finding out its really a full application of Microsoft office. This thrilled me a lot as it was what I used to type my final year project as I researched using the phone as well. It saved me a lot of cost I might have incurred going to the cyber Cafe to type the project.

Reactions: Fishbate

Fishbate

Fishbate
I totally agree @Martinsx , you can save a lot of time and money using excel on smartphones. I actually used it as a last minute editor or reviewer for my files. While i'm on my way to meetings i usually access my files shared to a cloud drive and do my review and changes on the car :). Also one advantage is you can transfer your files with Bluetooth , cable and other transfer media with a touch....its very convenient:coffee:

Martinsx

Martinsx
You are absolutely right about saying that it's a very convenient way to do several things on the phone using the Microsoft office software in the phone. Back then and even now, my phone literally served as my office to word type and excel data logging. It was very unfortunate that I don't have a printer back then which was what still took me to business cyber cafe in order to have my documents printed out in hard copies.

But now I have my printer at home and in my office as well, so the works I do in the MS office in my device are printed directly from my phone connected to the printer or being transferred to my desktop or laptop and have it printed out.

HelenR

I saw a group of Microsoft office programs (including Excel) on my Android smartphone but I have not used them, I am using my smartphone for contacting with friends and entertainment hence I only use Skype. I think when I have a chance I will use Word, Excel, Powerpoint on my device.

Fishbate

Fishbate
It's nice to know @HelenR , for sure it will be a great help for your work or studies. Wow you have everything there:p! Microsoft PowerPoint is also one of the most powerful software in the Microsoft Bundle. Although i don't have it on my smartphone , i'm curious on how would you integrate the two together (Excel, Powerpoint ) on a smartphone without multiple windows interface:unsure:.

Have a good day...

MomoStarr16

I never find my Microsoft applications in my phone very useful. First thing is that I find it hard to do it in a small screen like my phone. I am more comfortable using it in a desktop or a laptop. I only use them to read files that is name after them.

Fishbate

Fishbate
I agree with you @MomoStarr16 , having a small screen and the absence of a mouse in smartphones is a hindrance to Microsoft office features and user ability. I really don't recommend doing the hole report or project using your smartphone alone. Although we probably can finish a document, but it would take so much time accomplishing it. That is why personally the best way to use the Microsoft applications on smartphones is by using it as a fast access or fast edit application. This is very useful for on the go users who needs to access his/her files in a hurry.:p

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.