Laptop does not recognize USB boot how to?

EfficientNinja

If your computer cannot boot from a USB drive and CD while trying to install Windows or another operating system, here is a guide to fix it.

1522917376822.png

Cause: Because Secure Boot is on and Boot Legacy (Launch CMS) is off, your computer can not boot from a USB drive or CD.

How to fix a laptop without USB Boot:

Step 1: You need to boot your computer and enter BIOS mode.

Step 2: Use the up and down arrow keys to select the Secure Boot Menu.

Step 3: Use the up and down arrows to select Secure Boot Control and select Disabled to disable Secure Boot.

Step 4: Press F10 on the keyboard and select YES to save the setting.

Step 5: Press the ESC key on the keyboard to return to the original screen.

Laptop does not recognize USB boot.jpg

Step 6: Use the arrow keys on the keyboard to navigate to the Launch CMS tab. Select Enabled and press Enter to enable the Boot Legacy (Launch CMS) mode.

Step 7: You continue to press the F10 key on the keyboard and select YES to save the setting.

After turning off the Secure Boot and launching the Boot Legacy (Launch CMS), you have fixed the issue of your Laptop not detecting a USB flash drive during bootup.

Hope this helps. :)

Martinsx

Sometimes it's not just flash drives that my laptop fails to recognize but some other USB cords that I try to use on the system. But after reading this article, I now posses the knowledge on how to fix this software/hardware problem.

Thank you so much for this important information, it's definitely going to be very helpful for me with this USB failure problem. I appreciate man.

EfficientNinja

Fishbate

Fishbate
You can also try checking your device drivers using your device manager. If you see a yellow indicator on a certain device listed, this device is recognized by your unit but it can't be enabled because the driver is not available on your system.

1523425233715.png

There are times that your system can recognize that there is a hardware attached to it but it can't enable it because the proper driver is not included in the system. This is where a network search is advice to find the right driver specially if there's no installation disk or driver pack.

Cable converters are considered devices because they have electronics into it. That's why sometimes you think that a certain cable doesn't work or is damaged.

MomoStarr16

Hey this is actually a helpful post. This is what my problem right now and find it hard to find the solution. Thanks for posting this one. Looks intricate but I only need to focus in the instructions.

Martinsx

It was very helpful my friend, the problem have been resolved and taken care of all thanks to you with the information which you provided for me through that article. I really appreciate the assistance because this have saved me a lot of time and troubles of taking the laptop to a technician.

DenisMNE

Very and simple solution I knew for years.
It is so easy to fix this problem instead of having to pay to technician to do it for you.
In my county that is 20$ spent for nothing.
I use USB a lot, to transfer files from two laptop's me and my brother own and we had this problem in the past.
One should be careful when rebooting the computer and read instructions carefully since it is easy to mess it up.

amarkayam

It can be fixed easily , just after starting your laptop go to the BIOS setup then change the boot order i.e set the USB as the first preference in it. And if your laptop is not recognizing differnt usb's just check with the usb drivers once and update it.

Jaymalie

1.You have to download the plop boot manager after which you move it to the folder
2.move your way around the plop boot then install the boot menu file.
3.then you will see a place their asking you if you want to continue and reply Y and press enter .
Those steps will help you when you are ready to booth the computer the plop boot will appear and you can choose it and boot it straight form your USB flash drive.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

New Threads

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.